• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hey paulineg and rumboj001.. Glad to hear from another West Indian I'm From Dominica. i hope this year sheds light on you as well..Blessings

Dear Spaz

Nice to know that there are many of us in the same boat. Waiting with bright eyes and bushy tail.

What if someone checks on July 1st that he has won but have not received NL. Would that mean he has to wait or his mail was lost? What should the person do in that case? Any idea guys?

What if someone checks on July 1st that he has won but have not received NL. Would that mean he has to wait or his mail was lost? What should the person do in that case? Any idea guys?

It would most likely mean that the mail was lost. The NL were sent in April so depending on the mail service they should arrive by the end of June (still hoping for that, lol).

I guess if the mail was lots then if you check on 1 July and find out that you are a winner then the website will most probably show your case number. After that you will be able to download all the necessary forms, fill and send them.

The NLs were not all sent in April. They send them out in batches and they are still sending them out.

It would most likely mean that the mail was lost. The NL were sent in April so depending on the mail service they should arrive by the end of June (still hoping for that, lol).

I guess if the mail was lots then if you check on 1 July and find out that you are a winner then the website will most probably show your case number. After that you will be able to download all the necessary forms, fill and send them.

if you download and fill the forms, what of the barcode that one is expected to send back, can you also download that?

time check 7pm, i just saw dvlottery.state.gov and there is nothing like names,its just the usual message "The entry registration period for DV-2010 is now over and all submission processing at this website has stopped.". With the postal services in africa i guess we just have to wait for the site to come up with the winners posted.

time check 7pm, i just saw dvlottery.state.gov and there is nothing like names,its just the usual message "The entry registration period for DV-2010 is now over and all submission processing at this website has stopped.". With the postal services in africa i guess we just have to wait for the site to come up with the winners posted.

This message will remain on the website till 1 July. After that date you will be able to check your status.

I'm also waiting for NL. So at the moment the only thing we can do is wait.

I think they are setting the website up... it's not easy to upload a database with the winner's names and all that stuff..
I'm still waiting for the NL too... I live in Chicago but from Africa...
guess we're all on the same boat.. we have to wait..

I think they are setting the website up... it's not easy to upload a database with the winner's names and all that stuff..
I'm still waiting for the NL too... I live in Chicago but from Africa...
guess we're all on the same boat.. we have to wait..

It's not only winners' names, but of all the entrants which is I think close to 10 mil.

Juts a question. How do you live in Chicago without a Green Card?

It's not only winners' names, but of all the entrants which is I think close to 10 mil.

Juts a question. How do you live in Chicago without a Green Card?

I'm what they call "Legal Alien".... and hoping to win the lottery to adjust my status.
I think if you're not a resident here in the U.S, you're not considered as a human being.
where do you live?

I wish I was in USA. I live in Dubai now and really sick of this place and need some change.

I have the feeling I will not get a Green Card this year since it's already end of May. Even though I read on other forums and people recieved their NL which were dated early May, so there's still a little hope.

I'm what they call "Legal Alien".... and hoping to win the lottery to adjust my status.
I think if you're not a resident here in the U.S, you're not considered as a human being.
where do you live?

I understand what you mean. Here it is almost similar. If you have a sh1tty passport like I do you are not considered as a human being.

This is so terrible :)
I can't chose where I'm born.
I can't chose my parents.
I can't chose the people who live in my country, who can only destroy.
And now i can't chose to live with people who actually build things, and drive prosperity, and have ideals and moral values, and a look at life like it should be.
I can't just say hey i love the USA and go to live and do my part there together with the people i find more close then anyone else here.
What a terrible life to live :)

This is so terrible :)
I can't chose where I'm born.
I can't chose my parents.
I can't chose the people who live in my country, who can only destroy.
And now i can't chose to live with people who actually build things, and drive prosperity, and have ideals and moral values, and a look at life like it should be.
I can't just say hey i love the USA and go to live and do my part there together with the people i find more close then anyone else here.
What a terrible life to live :)

Moral values ?!?!?:rolleyes:

Moral values ?!?!?:rolleyes:
Hey go ahead, prove me wrong.Tell me how great is your country and the people who live in it :) Tell me what did your people achieve in their billions of years of history, and what the USA has achieved for the little time they exist.
Why don't you bow your head in deep shame instead ?

I am an international student in US.But due to my economic problems ,I came to be out of status,so if I get my Dv lottery then will I be able to get green card or not?Can anybody help me for green card?Thank you.

I am an international student in US.But due to my economic problems ,I came to be out of status,so if I get my Dv lottery then will I be able to get green card or not?Can anybody help me for green card?Thank you.

I think you can only get Green Card while in USA only if you are there leaglly.