• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hello everyone :) nothing happening yet with my DV entry, i'm in Bulgaria.
I just remambered today that i submitted an entry and came by to see what's going on.
Congratulations to the winners, i hope we all have your luck :)
Still i see that on the website it says that notifications will be sent from May to July, so i still have some hope huhhuhuhu.
How is everyone doing ?

Yes Lucky Lady, I recieved my NL on May 11, in the US.

Thanks so much for your answer bordertin. What about the date on the actual letter? Sorry to be such a pest, but I've kind of given up on the idea of getting the NL this year because I thought they were done with sending NLs to people in the US. Now I'm thinking, maybe there's still hope. :)
Also wondering how many NLs are assigned to Europe? I read somewhere it's about 20% and if we take 110,000 that means about 22,000 NLs in all. So if bordertin's number is in the neighborhood of 3,500 there's still a long way to go. What do you think? Anyone? I know, I'm getting desperate here. :)
Are there a lot of people in the US still waiting for their NLs? Maybe we can open another poll?

Hello Not so Lucky_Lady!:D
I am also waiting for my NL here in USA. I have my address of NewJersey. What about u? I am also contesting under Europe quota. What about u? Which country and what State in USA ur address is?
This is my 4th time.

Congratulation Bordertin !!!
You got it. Anyway could you tell me about your case number?
like 2010EU0000**** ... thank

Hello Not so Lucky_Lady!:D
I am also waiting for my NL here in USA. I have my address of NewJersey. What about u? I am also contesting under Europe quota. What about u? Which country and what State in USA ur address is?
This is my 4th time.

Ha, ha--you're mean! :)
I qualify as a native of (Bosnia and) Herzegovina. We don't get a lot of NLs so this is pretty much a major shot in the dark but you never know--after all, miracles do happen.
My NL WILL arrive to my address in NY. ;P
What is your native country?
I think I've also tried 3-4 times before.
It's so freakin' frustrating. I'm just afraid that I'm gonna go mad before being able to check the results on July 1.

Thanks, bordertin! You're so nice! I wish you a very seamless transition to permanent residence. ;)
Sorry I couldn't give you any advice on your status, but I don't think you should have any issues for changing it in the meantime. Too bad you can't avoid it altogether, so you'll have to pay for H1B visa + lawyer fees--I hope your employer's footing the bill. :)
Also, maybe someone else knows a way around it?

@ Bongthom, he already wrote his number in one of his previous posts (I believe it was 37XX).

Hi. I am new at this forum and this is my 1st application for Green Card.

I was born in Baku, Azerbaijan and currently residing in Dubai, UAE. Did anyone got their NL letters in the Middle East particularly in the GCC countries.

Looks like I'm out this year. Anyway I never had luck with lotteries, but didn't lose anything :)))

Good luck everybody.

Hi,

This my first post. First of all I would like to thank everyone on this forum as I managed to find answers to most of my questions. I'm a DV-2010 winner from Europe - Case Number EU3XXX and have a few clarifications before I send the forms off to KCC. Thanks once again to all those who find the time to answer my questions.

- who shall I put down as the petitioner in form DS-230 part II in my spouse's and son's application?

- The instructions on form DS-230 state 'If there is insufficient room on the form, answer on a separate sheet using the same numbers that appear on the form'. Does this mean on a plain sheet of paper?

- Do KCC accept courier deliveries?

the petitioner in form DS-230 part II in my spouse's and son's application?
You
- The instructions on form DS-230 state 'If there is insufficient room on the form, answer on a separate sheet using the same numbers that appear on the form'. Does this mean on a plain sheet of paper?
Yeah, if you attach additional sheet you need to mention the question and write down your case in upper-right corner of the paper.
- Do KCC accept courier deliveries?
Yes, use Fedex or DHL is safe.

Hi All,

NL received in Algiers on May 16 2009 with very high number (AF4xxxx).
This is my second time winning the lottery (first time was in 2008, did not apply for the GC visa then as timing/logistics did not allow it).

Good luck all,

K

wish you all the luck! btw how come you were able to win twice, is there a special way or trick to fill the form ...hahaha!! do you remember what date you submited your lottery application?? thanks in advance for answering my stupid question :)

Dv 2010...

Hey guys...
First of all, Congratulations to those who already have received the NL.. Apparently, I'm one of those who still believe in hope ;)
I live in Chicago.. I guess it is the fifth or sixth time that I apply for the lottery... not lucky enough...
Good luck to everyone...

Ha, ha--you're mean! :)
I qualify as a native of (Bosnia and) Herzegovina. We don't get a lot of NLs so this is pretty much a major shot in the dark but you never know--after all, miracles do happen.
My NL WILL arrive to my address in NY. ;P
What is your native country?
I think I've also tried 3-4 times before.
It's so freakin' frustrating. I'm just afraid that I'm gonna go mad before being able to check the results on July 1.

I was just joking. Look at me 4th time no luck yet.:eek: My native county is France. No other ties to it though. heh ..Keep trying u will win some day. I didn't knew my wife was also eligible to apply... it would have doubled my chances. Very stupid of me. I am still waiting for someone from France to declare he/she got NL. The Europe forum is dead.. I dont know why. I wish I knew french so I could have joined some french forum.

Hi all it's my 1st time posting here :)

Congrats to the individuals who won much blessings to you all :)

I have been playing for a sibling of mine since 2006 with no luck so i got my fingers cross harder this year :)

Has anyone in here won from the Caribbean Region so far?

GOT 2 NL of intent to File AOS

Hello to everyone:

Just to update you all and to see who else got a letter from KCC stating that their DV case has been trnasfered to the USCIS. i received a letter on Friday May 15th.

so I should not wait for a 2NL of interview appointment?- I guess that is for CP cases.

What is my next step? wait for Oct.1,2009?
Can i do my medicals whenever I am ready?

Thank you let us know if you got this letter too!

Dear Spaz

I am from the caribbean region and has been trying for the 9th time, hope something happens for us from the caribbean this time around.

I was just joking. Look at me 4th time no luck yet.:eek: My native county is France. No other ties to it though. heh ..Keep trying u will win some day. I didn't knew my wife was also eligible to apply... it would have doubled my chances. Very stupid of me. I am still waiting for someone from France to declare he/she got NL. The Europe forum is dead.. I dont know why. I wish I knew french so I could have joined some french forum.

I knew you were joking. :)
Are you telling me that your wife is eligible to apply based on your eligibility, even though based on her native country she's ineligible? Wow, I never knew that either. Well, not that it makes any difference to me given that I don't have a husband (at least none that I can think of). :)
So France has about 60M people and they get about 800 NLs? Man, your odds are even worse than mine. :) I'm kidding, we'll totally beat those odds in about a couple of weeks. ;) I guess it also depends on how many people actually apply for it.
Anyhow, wishing you the best of luck. Keep me posted about your developments.