• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Oh, and freedom of speech is not an American or a Christian right. We have that in Europe too, and I'm using mine now to express that I am a proud atheist. There.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is approximately 10 million applicants each year! Think what if 10 million people are religious and assume that God wants to help 10 million individuals.
However, only the "LUCKY 55.000" win the DV lottery.
10 million - 55 thousand = 9945000 which means God ignores the rest "9945000".
It's all about KCC computers and luck! That's why THINK TWICE before you people post something.
I am personally getting offended by religious people. So keep the conversation civilized and scientific; if possible.
The problem is I personally HATE to see the big drama going on here. It is a lottery; not a Hollywood drama-love movie.

You don't even have a clue of what you are arguing about, are you sure you will be lucky if you get the green card, do you know what will happen in your future? What if it becomes a disaster for you or one of your family, what if it is better for you to stay where you are now, God only knows, don't say that if you get the green card you are lucky and the rest "9945000" are not, this is how you see it with your limited capabilities (as a human being). So ask God if it is good for you and your family to bring it, and if it is not to take it away.

Please Think ten times before even thinking to reply, because you don't even know what you are speaking about, please don't use your mind trying to figure out what is good and what is bad for the ten million applicants, because these things are beyond your mind (again as a human being and not you in person).

eMachine, I don't care if you are an atheist, secular, ... or whatever you believe, BUT you must learn how to respect other people believes, or else you will be suffering while living in the USA where people have freedom to say and believe in whatever they want, so keep it in your mind.

You don't even have a clue of what you are arguing about, are you sure you will be lucky if you get the green card, do you know what will happen in your future? What if it becomes a disaster for you or one of your family, what if it is better for you to stay where you are now, God only knows, don't say that if you get the green card you are lucky and the rest "9945000" are not, this is how you see it with your limited capabilities (as a human being). So ask God if it is good for you and your family to bring it, and if it is not to take it away.

Please Think ten times before even thinking to reply, because you don't even know what you are speaking about, please don't use your mind trying to figure out what is good and what is bad for the ten million applicants, because these things are beyond your mind (again as a human being and not you in person).

eMachine, I don't care if you are an atheist, secular, ... or whatever you believe, BUT you must learn how to respect other people believes, or else you will be suffering while living in the USA where people have freedom to say and believe in whatever they want, so keep it in your mind.

So Christians can express their conviction, but atheists can't? Doesn't sound like you get the concept of freedom of speech...

Freedom of speech also means being able to criticize religion. Freedom of speech is NOT the same as respecting others. Both are important, but definitely two different concepts.

Alright let's put these religion blabbering behind and focus on dv 2010. I'm an Atheist Turkish person and thought that DV has nothing to do with god, metaphysics or spiritual things and expressed my idea in a few words thus it eventually became a religious - non religious matter.
I believe that lotteries are based on technology and luck. Technology separates 55000 LUCKY people from 9-10 million applicants.
I'm a software developer. I can make a program that choose 1 lucky number in 1 million imaginary applications. See? This is technology and I am the one managing it.

LOTTERY = LUCK

All I'm saying is lets try to keep this scientific so we wouldn't bug each other. We can debate it else where.

Note: I'm not a Democrat. I have no political views. We all are individuals.

There are boundaries freedom of speech to every religion, be it Islam, Christianity, Buddhism. Nobody bans anybody of the right to criticize but again there are boundaries. It is like you can not use the N word in US despite your freedom of speech. This argument started with two people talking about their winning and God's willing. And it was the emachine that posted his comment.

I think we should continue the main purpose of the topic. Nobody is going to change his or her belief in this topic, but we should RESPECT others' beliefs.

Well said, E59th and eMachine. Clearly, "egy" and their ilk think it is ok for them to spout off some religious nonsense and not ok for others to disagree with them. If you decide to bring your god talk on here, be prepared for others to express their disagreement.

ProudT, I hope you're not suggesting that disagreeing with the outlandish notion that the DV lottery is some sort of god's work in action is even remotely similar to using the "n" word.

I am sorry, but this is DV Lottery Forum. I am checking it every day as a source of useful information about the winners. I am tired of reading all this nonsense while trying to find at least something related to the results. It looks like everybody has so much free time. Stop it already, please.

I am sorry, but this is DV Lottery Forum. I am checking it every day as a source of useful information about the winners. I am tired of reading all this nonsense while trying to find at least something related to the results. It looks like everybody has so much free time. Stop it already, please.

That's why I kinda criticize some people about involving the religions in a luck game. People involve religions and multiply religious wishes for pages thus we can't follow the topic.

Note this:
Some of you people should prepare yourself for religions, religious non religious debates, disagreements, public opinion on religions and on your religion. Especially the winners.

------------------------------
QUOTE 150th post (bottom of this post)
Dude! Knock it off already, will ya????

I agree with what ProudT said , it is all about RESPECT,, no body ask anyone to change his believe, but only to respect other people believes.

everybody either a Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, ... or a disbeliever, have the right to say and express whatever he wants but without degrading other people thoughts or believes. eMachine came into the middle of a dialogue and tried to dishonor what billions believe, that everything is in the hands of God.

so please let's stop this and let's respect each other, and let's focus on the DV 2010.

Note: I will not post anything further about this issue.

eMachine did not try to "dishonor" anyone. All he did was express his view that the lottery was the work of KCC and computers, not God. If you interpret that as lack of respect or an act of "dishonoring," then those disagreeing with you have the same right to intepret you going on and on about god, and this being god's work, etc. as disrespectful to them. Why do you think you have the right to get offended by someone expressing their views, but they shouldn't have the same right to be offended by your views? Everyone should be able to express their views, without being accused of "dishonoring" others or some other nonsense. This is what freedom of speech is about. Think about it just for a little bit before you post some knee-jerk response.

I agree with what ProudT said , it is all about RESPECT,, no body ask anyone to change his believe, but only to respect other people believes.

everybody either a Muslim, Christian, Jewish, Hindu, ... or a disbeliever, have the right to say and express whatever he wants but without degrading other people thoughts or believes. eMachine came into the middle of a dialogue and tried to dishonor what billions believe, that everything is in the hands of God.

so please let's stop this and let's respect each other, and let's focus on the DV 2010.

Note: I will not post anything further about this issue.

That's untrue:

May be your source of success is something else which I pray that you change and join us.

Again, it's preposterous to suggest that we atheists are headed towards failure in America if we don't convert or aren't prayed for.

Ok it is official :) Europe is out. Two NLs received on US addresses. One is for Ukraine. Case number 2010EU000001XX