• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Greetings house, I am excited and extremely happy to share this information with the house, I got this email from KCC today in response to my last email to them;

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American
Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on May 26, 2010. A notification letter was
sent to you on March 16, 2010. Please direct any further questions
regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Apparently, My 2ND NL has been sent since March 16th but I still have not received it, and my interview is scheduled for May 26th 2010, Now i am not certain about the steps to take, is it necessary that I email them again to resend my 2ND NL should it be necessary that I present it at the embassy as a referral from KCC or should I just proceed with my medicals and police character. Should I need to get on with my medicals, what do I need to do to have it started and completed, also do I need to present a referral from American embassy in Lagos at the hospital where I would get my medicals done? Please inform me asap as I do not know how long it takes to have all these put together as I have not done this before.

@ Phluck, Joequi and bammyrichie and all those that I have not mentioned, I appreciate your support and I wish to say a BIG THANK YOU even as you see me through this with your support.

Warm Regards Everyone.

Is great to hear that KCC has responded to you, you can now proceed with your medicals and police clearance. You do not need to wait for the 2nd letter, print the mail from KCC, take to the Hospital in Lagos and commence with your medical. You nedd to go with your International passport and 2 copies of passport photos. As for the police clearance, in your first latter there was a form address to Nigeria Police Alagbon take it along + your international passport, 2 passport photograph and it should cost u about N4,000 and you might get it withing 24hrs.

Please you need to start your medicals now. gasper, Prophet and co. please i need your input.

I want to use this medium to thank everybody in this forum who has contributed one way or the other to the success of my coming to America today (my promise land).
Let me call you BRETHREN because you are all morethan a brother by birth. Thought the road and the air route was rough but this Great God saw us through to the promise Land. I and my family arrived USA on friday 26 march 2010. To God be the Glory. My prayer for those of us who has gotting their visa and are preparing to come , those waiting for their visa, those expecting their interview and others, My prayers for you all is that this great God who done it for me will sure do it for you in JESUS NAME AMEN.

Welcome to AMERICA.

God bless

I want to use this medium to thank everybody in this forum who has contributed one way or the other to the success of my coming to America today (my promise land).
Let me call you BRETHREN because you are all morethan a brother by birth. Thought the road and the air route was rough but this Great God saw us through to the promise Land. I and my family arrived USA on friday 26 march 2010. To God be the Glory. My prayer for those of us who has gotting their visa and are preparing to come , those waiting for their visa, those expecting their interview and others, My prayers for you all is that this great God who done it for me will sure do it for you in JESUS NAME AMEN.

I say amen and amen and amen...

Thank God for journey mercies.

All the best.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

@ Joequi, thanks I would get back to you once I get into both the medicals and police clearance, I am starting immediately and I would let you know, but I am skeptical about the attitude of the officers and securities of the American embassy regarding printing just an email to take along for interview, do you not think it is necessary to have KCC mail me with the 2ND NL again? or will the email suffice?

Also there is one last thing on my mind, I graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University in 2006, and my certificate is still not ready, but I have all other necessary documents including my NYSC discharge certificate, do you think it is okay to get a to whom it may concern from the university or is there another document that can cover for that? please advise on this too, cos I do not want anything to create problems for me.

Thanks.

@ Phluck, bammyrichie, Gasper, petit and prophet, please I need your input.

Home Country : Nigeria
Entered DV lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
NL dated : 15th Oct 2009
1ST NL received: 20 Oct 2009 ViA E-mail
Returned forms: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery: 3rd December2009
2nd NL recieved: 7th march 2010
Police Report complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals:24th March 2010
Interview Datedl: 6th April 2010 waitng for the testimonies
Visa pick up: Waiting upon the lord who started it and he will complete it sure
POE: Waiting
G C & SSN : Waiting

Am a national diploma holder i need all your counselling and gauldinace in this room most especially @ Phluck, bammyrichie, Gasper, petit and prophet, please I need your input.
thanks.

Home Country : Nigeria
Entered DV lottery : 20th Nov 2008
CN: 2010AF00011***
NL dated : 15th Oct 2009
1ST NL received: 20 Oct 2009 ViA E-mail
Returned forms: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery: 3rd December2009
2nd NL recieved: 7th march 2010
Police Report complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals:24th March 2010
Interview Datedl: 6th April 2010 waitng for the testimonies
Visa pick up: Waiting upon the lord who started it and he will complete it sure
POE: Waiting
G C & SSN : Waiting

Am a national diploma holder i need all your counselling and gauldinace in this room most especially @ Phluck, bammyrichie, Gasper, petit and prophet, please I need your input.
thanks.

I think what matters is ur project topic, major and ur O'levels. Questions might just come from ur O'level and that is the minimum qualification. Don't feel belittled or Don't have this I-don't-have-first-degree syndrome. You are gud to go,ok.

@ Joequi, thanks I would get back to you once I get into both the medicals and police clearance, I am starting immediately and I would let you know, but I am skeptical about the attitude of the officers and securities of the American embassy regarding printing just an email to take along for interview, do you not think it is necessary to have KCC mail me with the 2ND NL again? or will the email suffice?

Also there is one last thing on my mind, I graduated from Obafemi Awolowo University in 2006, and my certificate is still not ready, but I have all other necessary documents including my NYSC discharge certificate, do you think it is okay to get a to whom it may concern from the university or is there another document that can cover for that? please advise on this too, cos I do not want anything to create problems for me.

Thanks.

@ Phluck, bammyrichie, Gasper, petit and prophet, please I need your input.

whale,

You seems not to understand me, with the print out you have now, you can procees with your medicals without presending the 2nd NL from KCC, if you wait till 2nd week of april and the 2nd NL has not arrived you can email KCC, they will send the 2nd NL to you via email.

Petit went for her interview without the 2nd letter from KCC, she went with the same printout you have with you now.

Phluck or Prophet is the same person, this great house decidede to confer on him with this powerful tittle. Hence he is the Prophet of the house. May be with time you will understand.

Interview preparation - help!

Hi House,

Hope all is well with everyone, and that we're all coping with the stress of preparing for the big day!
Please, I need your help with a few things.

- This issue of AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT!! The general opinion seems to be that we're not asked for it, but I want to be over-prepared, to try and avoid this administrative processing wahala as best as possible, especially since we are a family, maybe they will then ask for it. So has anyone been asked for it? And is it the I-134 or the I-864 that we need?

- Also, my birth certificate only has my mother's name on it... I think there was some palava at that time oh, so father's name never reach the document :D Will this be a problem and if so how can I counter this?

- The visa they give you, (I'm claiming my blessings with this one! AMEN!), is it valid from the date of the first interview, or from the date when you pick it up?

- Lastly, I haven't received my 2NL (current in May), should I wait a little or just go ahead and email KCC? Ah nor wan mona dem toomuch, but I'm anxious oh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please ogas and alagbas on this forum, answer oh.

Greetings house, I am excited and extremely happy to share this information with the house, I got this email from KCC today in response to my last email to them;

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American
Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on May 26, 2010. A notification letter was
sent to you on March 16, 2010. Please direct any further questions
regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Apparently, My 2ND NL has been sent since March 16th but I still have not received it, and my interview is scheduled for May 26th 2010, Now i am not certain about the steps to take, is it necessary that I email them again to resend my 2ND NL should it be necessary that I present it at the embassy as a referral from KCC or should I just proceed with my medicals and police character. Should I need to get on with my medicals, what do I need to do to have it started and completed, also do I need to present a referral from American embassy in Lagos at the hospital where I would get my medicals done? Please inform me asap as I do not know how long it takes to have all these put together as I have not done this before.

@ Phluck, Joequi and bammyrichie and all those that I have not mentioned, I appreciate your support and I wish to say a BIG THANK YOU even as you see me through this with your support.

Warm Regards Everyone.

My dear there is nothing much to do.
Just go straing to Kamorass Clinic and start your medicals and your police report, dont bother yourself about KCC all that you need is that email they have sent you and I am convinced you will get your 2NL before your interview.
Kamorass Clinic number:014612032.
No you do not need any referral from the American embassy.
I believe you have done other documentations like NPC cert et al.
Best of luck.

Hi House,

Hope all is well with everyone, and that we're all coping with the stress of preparing for the big day!
Please, I need your help with a few things.

- This issue of AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT!! The general opinion seems to be that we're not asked for it, but I want to be over-prepared, to try and avoid this administrative processing wahala as best as possible, especially since we are a family, maybe they will then ask for it. So has anyone been asked for it? And is it the I-134 or the I-864 that we need?

- Also, my birth certificate only has my mother's name on it... I think there was some palava at that time oh, so father's name never reach the document :D Will this be a problem and if so how can I counter this?

- The visa they give you, (I'm claiming my blessings with this one! AMEN!), is it valid from the date of the first interview, or from the date when you pick it up?

- Lastly, I haven't received my 2NL (current in May), should I wait a little or just go ahead and email KCC? Ah nor wan mona dem toomuch, but I'm anxious oh.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please ogas and alagbas on this forum, answer oh.[/QUO

Switsalone
Response 1:
Nope AOS is no longer required, for me I went with my wife and 2 kids and it was not even mentioned so you do not need to worry about it.

Response 2:
I will advice you get a proper NPC attestation of birth.

Response 3:
For my case, the visa started running 2 days before advised pickup date.

Response 4:
You can send a mail to KCC for a response so you can take that to ommence your medicals and police report etc.

Best of luck!!!

@ Joequi, thanks for the clarification, I now understand you now, I am getting my police clearance done tomorrow at Alagbon police station, I hope to get it same day. I would let you know about my progress
@Phluck, I am getting the police clearance done, and then starting my medicals immediately afterward, I am not sure about other documents, but here is a list of all I have got but without my degree certificate from my university (Obafemi Awolowo University) as it is not ready yet, though i graduated in 2006 and everyone from my year hasn't got theirs too( but I have a copy of to whom it may concern from exams and records and also a copy of my call up letter for NYSC; I hope that would suffice) . I will call the number to the hospital you provided me with to get the location where the hospital is situated.

1) Birth Certificate from Lagos state Government
2) Primary school result statement
3) Waec Certificate
4)Nysc leaving certificate

If there is anything else that I need please inform asap, I entered single so I have no other document to back my marital status up. Thanks for your inputs, I hope you understand that I am just trying to have every document sorted before time.

@ Joequi, thanks for the clarification, I now understand you now, I am getting my police clearance done tomorrow at Alagbon police station, I hope to get it same day. I would let you know about my progress
@Phluck, I am getting the police clearance done, and then starting my medicals immediately afterward, I am not sure about other documents, but here is a list of all I have got but without my degree certificate from my university (Obafemi Awolowo University) as it is not ready yet, though i graduated in 2006 and everyone from my year hasn't got theirs too( but I have a copy of to whom it may concern from exams and records and also a copy of my call up letter for NYSC; I hope that would suffice) . I will call the number to the hospital you provided me with to get the location where the hospital is situated.

1) Birth Certificate from Lagos state Government
2) Primary school result statement
3) Waec Certificate
4)Nysc leaving certificate

If there is anything else that I need please inform asap, I entered single so I have no other document to back my marital status up. Thanks for your inputs, I hope you understand that I am just trying to have every document sorted before time.

Whales,
I really dont know what kinda birth certificate you are referring to, i only know of the NPC although its for a particular age group. I suggest you go through your 1NL you will see the complete list of documents you are required to come along with.

Many thanks phluck2 for your quick responses. Hmmm, I was born in the UK though, so I don't think the NCP certification will work - it's only for Naija, right? Don't know what to do....

ammeck09, sebulonde, help you guys, please. (only singling you out because I know you're current in May also :) what AOS forms did you use: I-134 or I-864? Alexee357, did you use one too?

Guys, this journey is a bit painful oh... I just cannot relax at all anymore, ever since I went current :( Right, I'm going to bite the bullet and email KCC about my interview date, wish me well!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks phluck2 for your quick responses. Hmmm, I was born in the UK though, so I don't think the NCP certification will work - it's only for Naija, right? Don't know what to do....

ammeck09, sebulonde, help you guys, please. (only singling you out because I know you're current in May also :) what AOS forms did you use: I-134 or I-864? Alexee357, did you use one too?

Guys, this journey is a bit painful oh... I just cannot relax at all anymore, ever since I went current :( Right, I'm going to bite the bullet and email KCC about my interview date, wish me well!!

Hi switsalone,

Yes i sent one with me to my interview and it was collected. I use form I-134 and i advice that you go with one in other to be safe just in case. Also if you are doing CP, you use form I-134 whilst those doing Adjusting of Status use form I-864.