• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Hi dv lottery winners from Nigeria; i really need your help as concerns my case;

I am a winner of the 2010 DV LOTTERY.

CASE NUMBER:2010AF0004XXXX
NL RECEIVED BY E-MAIL: January 13, 2010
SENT TO KCC VIA DHL: February 3, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA DHL : February 10, 2010
CONFIRMATION VIA KCC: February 22nd 2010
POLICE REPORT STARTED: still waiting
POLICE REPORT COMPLETED: still waiting
SECOND LETTER SENT: still waiting
SECOND LETTER RECEIVED: still waiting
MEDICAL STARTED: still waiting
MEDICAL COMPLETED: still waiting
INTERVIEW SUCCESSFUL: still waiting
VISA COLLECTED: still waiting

While waiting for my interview date to be fixed by Kentucky Consular Centre in USA I wish to ask some questions which when answered by you will go a long way in helping me compile my documents in preparation for my interview at the US CONSULATE GENERAL here in LAGOS ,NIGERIA.
QUESTIONS
1. I wish to know if I will need an affidavit of support? If yes, then what is the name of the form my
Sponsor in the US need to fill? Which documents does he have to send to me as proof?
2. I am a Cameroonian by Nationality presently schooling in Nigeria. So I wish to find out if I will need to present any document from my home country at the US Consular office in Lagos?
3. If I haven’t been to prison, do I need to present any police or court record during my interview and do, I need a deportation paper as concerns my case?
4. Where will I go for my medical report in Lagos? Can you recommend or tell me any centre where this is been done and at what fee?
5. Also where is the police report been done in Lagos and for how much? Also do I need any police report from my country which is Cameroon in this case?
6. Also I played the DV lottery in November 2008 and that is the same month I entered the university. So I have done some university courses. Also I am a holder of both the GCE ADVANCED LEVEL AND O LEVEL CERTIFICATE from my country Cameroon. So I wish to find out if I am qualified under the education requirements and what do I need to present at the consular office as proof?

if all these questions are answered it will go a long way to help me towards preparation for my interview

THANKS IN ANTICIPATION FOR YOUR USUAL CONSIDERATION.

1. According to those who have had their interviews in Nigeria they were not asked about the affidavit of support, but if you could get one why not take it along to your interview.
2. Yes, you need to present all the necessary documents whether from Cameroon or Nigeria. They will need your O/L and A/L obtained from Camerron as well as your birth certificate and international passport.
3. You only need prison record where you have been convicted of an offence, but you will need the police certificate from Nigeria and Camerron since you probably have spend more than 6 months in Nigeria since the age of 16. Folks on this thread could direct you how to obtain one from Nigeria.
4. You could obtain your medical certificate from the Kamorass clinic - 238A Muri Okunola, Victoria Island, Lagos. You have to go with 2 passport photos and your international passport.
5. I don't know where you could get one from Nigeria. If you have lived in Cameroon for more than 6 months since the age of 16, then you will need one from Cameroon.
6. Yes you qualify for the dv through your educational qualification. The minimum qualification is O/L or SSSCE certificate. You need to send all your school certificates with you to the interview.

If you have any queries email the consulate in lagos: lagoscons2@state.gov or KCC through kccdv@state.gov

Smallla,

Our Prophet need to padlock those documents, if he tells you his story as per what happened to his 1st NL and how he found out that he won. In fact you will advise him to go lock it up in the World Bank.

lol...this is quite funny, although i know its not a laughing matter

Dear Smalllacrimose tell me about being nervous as the day gets closer,i understand the butterflies but this is a MUST!, a journey you have and must go through,maybe you are at this point thinking IF IT DOES NOT? please tell yourself WHY NOT? FOR GOD HAS NOT GIVEN YOU THE SPIRIT OF FEAR BUT OF SOUND MIND AND LOVE,your case will not be different.All you need to do now sis is to put your act together and get ready for God to launch you out in a big way,you will look back at this whole process and say Praise God!,FEAR NOT go on and do your thing we shall all celebrate with you in this house,bless.

Amennnn.......We need this word this sunday morning....It is well!!! thanks so much for your encouragement

Hi guys I just met a friend who said she got her first nl letter late so she still has it with her she has not sent it. Her case no is 14xxx. Is it still possible for her to send it and get an interview date before 30th sept. Guys wat do u think

Hi guys I just met a friend who said she got her first nl letter late so she still has it with her she has not sent it. Her case no is 14xxx. Is it still possible for her to send it and get an interview date before 30th sept. Guys wat do u think

Yes its possible for her to get a date before 30th sept. she should send it to kcc as soon as possible

solaonil,

It is still possible to send the form back to KCC and still get a date for interview. However it takes about 2-3 months to process her form.

CASE STUDY: One of our great forumite send back his form to KCC september 09, his case number was 11,000. He was schedule for interview March 2010. Though he was current January 2010.

She should analyse the scenaro above and make decision. I would recomment that she send her forms to KCC for onward processing asap via DHL. Everything is possible.

Brother whe did she receive her 1st NL from KCC?

One love

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi House, pls is it true that i can apply for my SSN from Naija? and does anyone know the process?. I know a little but i just want to hear from you guys, and pls i need flight and airline advice..........Thanks guys

hello guys i earlier posted full details of my interviews but its no where to be found.took me a while to finish all the typing which i have to start all over again now.give me time guys i will post the full details soon.

congrats guyz!

Home Country : Nigeria
Entered DV lottery : 20th Nov 2009
CN: 2010AF00011***
NL dated : 15th Oct 2009
1ST NL received: 20 Oct 2009 ViA E-mail
Returned forms: 17 Nov 2009
Confirmed delivery: 3rd December2009
2nd NL recieved: 7th march 2010
Police Report complited: 16th march 2010
Started medicals: 16th March 2010
Completed Medicals:24th March 2010
Interview Datedl: 6th April 2010 waitng for the testimonies
Visa pick up: Waiting upon the lord who started it and he will complete it sure
POE: Waiting
G C & SSN : Waiting

Am a national diploma holder i need all your counselling and gauldinace in this room thanks.

fiso,

70% general, did you mean 70% of DV applicant both single and married that came for the interview?

the 70% i mean ,every one that came for the interview while i was there..dv , iv,etc.
good luck to all those waiting to be current,and those waiting for their interview.

smalllacrimose i wish u goodluck in ur upcoming interview. i think u re next on line now.
its much easier to go as single thats one thing i have realised at the embassy.for dv interview (single) ,those c.o there just want to give u the visa,even if u miss 3-4 questions. if u miss the questions(not basic) all they need is ur confidence. most of the single denials i saw were for basic educational questions.for those that have ssce only as highest qualification,usual questions they ask is english and maths. giving one a sentence and asking for a noun, pronoun, preposition, adverb etc. they also asked for the definition of all these.most times its where u have ur best score they ask question.
a dv guy who had A1 in geography was denied visa right in my front. this guy after messing up in most, if not all of the basic questions, the C.O told him shes going to give him the visa if only he can answer the last question.
he was asked to name a country thats sharing neighbour with nigeria..he was given so much time, with no answer. though he kept on showing confidence by smiling at the c.o,he got the c.o(the chinese-like lady) really pissed off to deny him .

Last edited by a moderator:
smalllacrimose i wish u goodluck in ur upcoming interview. i think u re next on line now.
its much easier to go as single thats one thing i have realised at the embassy.for dv interview (single) ,those c.o there just want to give u the visa,even if u miss 3-4 questions. if u miss the questions(not basic) all they need is ur confidence. most of the single denials i saw were for basic educational questions.for those that have ssce only as highest qualification,usual questions they ask is english and maths. giving one a sentence and asking for a noun, pronoun, preposition, adverb etc. they also asked for the definition of all these.most times its where u have ur best score they ask question.
a dv guy who had A1 in geography was denied visa right in my front. this guy after messing up in most, if not all of the basic questions, the C.O told him shes going to give him the visa if only he can answer the last question.
he was asked to name a country thats sharing neighbour with nigeria..he was given so much time, with no answer. though he kept on showing confidence by smiling at the c.o,he got the c.o(the chinese-like lady) really pissed off to deny him .

thanks fiso for the tips

for guys always thinking of or worried about getting affidavit of support.you do not need this for dv in nigeria.some other countries demand for it though most times its for the couples.
for nigeria,i confirmed this by the mail sent to me during my enquiry.even at the interview no one(SINGLE OR COUPLE) was asked for AOS .
THE REPLY SENT TO ME:
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your inquiry. You may come with the package mailed to you from KCC. Please note that you do not need an affidavit of support for a DV application.

We hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit

United States Consulate General

Lagos, Nigeria

I want to use this medium to thank everybody in this forum who has contributed one way or the other to the success of my coming to America today (my promise land).
Let me call you BRETHREN because you are all morethan a brother by birth. Thought the road and the air route was rough but this Great God saw us through to the promise Land. I and my family arrived USA on friday 26 march 2010. To God be the Glory. My prayer for those of us who has gotting their visa and are preparing to come , those waiting for their visa, those expecting their interview and others, My prayers for you all is that this great God who done it for me will sure do it for you in JESUS NAME AMEN.

Hi House, pls is it true that i can apply for my SSN from Naija? and does anyone know the process?. I know a little but i just want to hear from you guys, and pls i need flight and airline advice..........Thanks guys

MAMMAO5, As for airport advice, you needed to be smart and confident in yourself. its just normal travelling but this time with much crowd and strange faces around you. As for your SSN do not bother applying from naija cos they may need ur original doc. and beside u need to know their office right in your district. Note: its a social security Number which its just like your password which no body should know. that is your bank account so do not take risk by applying for it from naija. hope you understand?

Haba! Why are Nigerians into fake qualifications? Embassy is pruning though. Why haven't I got a chance like this?

LG birth cerificate

Hi all,

My husband won the lottery and our interviewiscoming up shortly in london here. however, i only have the hospital birth certificate but i have heard they usually want the local govt. birth certifacte. however, i have sent someone to Kaduna where i was born to get the local govt one but i think my parents did not do the local govt registration as they were not really living in kaduna then. what do i do now pls?

Hi all,

My husband won the lottery and our interviewiscoming up shortly in london here. however, i only have the hospital birth certificate but i have heard they usually want the local govt. birth certifacte. however, i have sent someone to Kaduna where i was born to get the local govt one but i think my parents did not do the local govt registration as they were not really living in kaduna then. what do i do now pls?

Send them your data to get that of the NPC for you.That covers everything about birth certificate in Nigeria now at the Embassy.I think that should also be applicable to that of the UK.

I want to use this medium to thank everybody in this forum who has contributed one way or the other to the success of my coming to America today (my promise land).
Let me call you BRETHREN because you are all morethan a brother by birth. Thought the road and the air route was rough but this Great God saw us through to the promise Land. I and my family arrived USA on friday 26 march 2010. To God be the Glory. My prayer for those of us who has gotting their visa and are preparing to come , those waiting for their visa, those expecting their interview and others, My prayers for you all is that this great God who done it for me will sure do it for you in JESUS NAME AMEN.

Welcome to the States

Greetings house, I am excited and extremely happy to share this information with the house, I got this email from KCC today in response to my last email to them;

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American
Consulate/Embassy of Lagos on May 26, 2010. A notification letter was
sent to you on March 16, 2010. Please direct any further questions
regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Apparently, My 2ND NL has been sent since March 16th but I still have not received it, and my interview is scheduled for May 26th 2010, Now i am not certain about the steps to take, is it necessary that I email them again to resend my 2ND NL should it be necessary that I present it at the embassy as a referral from KCC or should I just proceed with my medicals and police character. Should I need to get on with my medicals, what do I need to do to have it started and completed, also do I need to present a referral from American embassy in Lagos at the hospital where I would get my medicals done? Please inform me asap as I do not know how long it takes to have all these put together as I have not done this before.

@ Phluck, Joequi and bammyrichie and all those that I have not mentioned, I appreciate your support and I wish to say a BIG THANK YOU even as you see me through this with your support.

Warm Regards Everyone.