• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

]hi im new here im one of the dv winners 2010. After sending forms ds230 and other to kcc they scheduled my interview 2nd week in march and stated that they sent the notification to my pobox but ive checked and its not there. I also recieved my 1st notification by requesting that it is sent. Pls does anybody know if its possible for kcc to email the second notification package and i want to see more detailed interview experiences and questions and when do i start medicals??????? Wat is the content of the second package any way?????

Mamma05,
you are in the right place, first you have to create a signature for yourself like every person stating your case number, when first NL was received nd mailed back etc.
Yes the second NL can be emailed to your but you have to call KCC for them to tell you when they can email it. They usually tell you that if you do not receive the 2nd NL before a certain date to your interview then you can email them to send you all that you will need to present at the interview.
You can start your medical right away and also start putting together other documents required of you. For the detail experence of past interview do to the begining of this thread and you will see past success stories for you to learn from, you can even visit older forum like DV 2009 or even DV 2008.
Best of luck

@9ja emperor sorry about your experience.but all the same thanks for warning us because most of us dont have any relatives in the U.S. So we are going to end up living with strangers.Please those of you already in the states should try and notify me of what a B.sc holder should be expecting in terms of jobs.i.e is there any chance of getting a corporate job or does everyone have to do menial jobs(i dont mind which one anyway) waiting for the replies

MY GOD ORCHESTRATED SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW

Got to the embassy at about 5:30am and met close to 15 persons. At 6:45 am, those of us with 7 and 7:30 am appointment where asked to queue, I submitted my invitation letter and got tag DV27 thou I came in early quite a number of people had 6:30am appointment.
After security check, I went in to make payment and then queued up to go into the embassy proper. My certificate check was done by the Nigerian in window 10 she asked about the mail I sent to KCC about the marriage clause and she wanted to know if my notification was stolen. I told her I didn’t play the lottery myself that it was sent through someone who wanted me to arrange marriage with me so to convince me he typed a paper in the notification that applicants in Nigeria must be married to further pursue their wins. So I sent the mail to KCC for confirmations. She then commended me for the smart move and said I should inform the CO of the incidence. Am confidence that God is working beautifully for me. At 10:55 my number was called to window 9 a quiet and lovely Asian guy.
CO: Hello, good morning
ME: good morning
CO: busy going through my stuff and was discussing with the Asian lady about the mail I sent to KCC
ME: waiting confidently.
CO: raise your right hand for the swearing; you promise that everything you say here today would be true.
ME: Yes, I do.
CO: sign on the form
ME: ok and I signed
CO: you are here because you were selected for DV visa
ME: Yes
CO: what is your full name?
ME: blah
CO: what is your birth date?
ME: blah blah
CO: what is your highest qualification?
ME: Bsc
CO: subject
ME: Economics
CO: are you working or still doing your youth service
ME: working as a sales rep
CO: what was your final project?
CO: tell me about it?
CO: what sector did Nigeria first liberalize?
CO: you are definitely qualified for the visa
ME: thank you
CO: I have question about the mail you sent to KCC was someone holding your notification?
ME: explained
CO: all smiles, am very impressed about the step you took which a lot of people don’t
ME: thanks
CO I would like you tell a colleague of mine about this
ME: ok, he then stood up to call the other CO waited about 5mins then narrated the story again.
Am glad I sent the mail the fraudulent guys actually sent a mail to KCC to change name of the applicant to a CHINWE NJOKU using my case number.
CO: I hope you do not have early travel plans, we would like to interview you, we are proud you to this bold steps, this is a huge problem in Nigeria ( arranged marriages).
ME: no problem
CO: let me confirm if the investigator would be around on Tuesday the 2nd, so you would pick up visa and also be interviewed
ME: Ok
CO: pick up your visa on 2nd and come by 9am on 11th for the interview.

God be praised. Thanks forumites, you indeed gave information, information is power I was composed all through and I even helped others around to be confident. Thanks to my twin sister who registered me on this forum.
NOTE: FOR EVERYONE YET TO BE INTERVIEWED YOU JUST BE BOLD, CONFIDENT AND TRUTHFUL AND
TRUST THE LORD YOU WOULD DEFINITELY BE SUCCESSFUL.

Got to the embassy at about 5:30am and met close to 15 persons. At 6:45 am, those of us with 7 and 7:30 am appointment where asked to queue, I submitted my invitation letter and got tag DV27 thou I came in early quite a number of people had 6:30am appointment.
After security check, I went in to make payment and then queued up to go into the embassy proper. My certificate check was done by the Nigerian in window 10 she asked about the mail I sent to KCC about the marriage clause and she wanted to know if my notification was stolen. I told her I didn’t play the lottery myself that it was sent through someone who wanted me to arrange marriage with me so to convince me he typed a paper in the notification that applicants in Nigeria must be married to further pursue their wins. So I sent the mail to KCC for confirmations. She then commended me for the smart move and said I should inform the CO of the incidence. Am confidence that God is working beautifully for me. At 10:55 my number was called to window 9 a quiet and lovely Asian guy.
CO: busy going through my stuff and was discussing with the Asian lady about the mail I sent to KCC
CO: raise your right hand for the swearing; you promise that everything you say here today would be true.
CO: I have question about the mail you sent to KCC was someone holding your notification?
CO: all smiles, am very impressed about the step you took which a lot of people don’t
ME: ok, he then stood up to call the other CO waited about 5mins then narrated the story again.
Am glad I sent the mail the fraudulent guys actually sent a mail to KCC to change name of the applicant to a CHINWE NJOKU using my case number.
CO: I hope you do not have early travel plans, we would like to interview you, we are proud you to this bold steps, this is a huge problem in Nigeria ( arranged marriages).
CO: let me confirm if the investigator would be around on Tuesday the 2nd, so you would pick up visa and also be interviewed

God be praised. Thanks forumites, you indeed gave information, information is power I was composed all through and I even helped others around to be confident. Thanks to my twin sister who registered me on this forum.
NOTE: FOR EVERYONE YET TO BE INTERVIEWED YOU JUST BE BOLD, CONFIDENT AND TRUTHFUL AND

Hi,

Congrats and enjoy your stay in the land of hope.

Tweeny,

Congratsssssss- Move on the Lord is with you.

Hi guys, i am current in March, and so far i didnt get the second letter.. what do you think, is it bit early to email kcc about my interview date?

Congrat Tweeny, I am very happy for you. Succuess is ours on here. @9ja emperor, firstly I would like to know what state you are in and why don't you just go ahead and rent your own apartment since you are working now. Because I think that will make things easy for you, no one will control you. Another thing is what kind of job can one like us get there in the states plus how much is the pay per/hr or so. We do appreciate you coming out telling us this really, this will even make us get ready for challenges ahead of us. I met the person I am going to be staying oncein Naija and I want to know things I will be expecting.

Tweeny,
you made our hearts skip.
why did u have to wait for so long to give a hint.
Congratulations
God has done it again

Congrats Tweeny!!!
The truth always distinguishes one.
Wish we would always say the truth no matter the cost.
US ,i heard is a place where truth has got value.
Welcome on board!!!

Congrats!!!
Welcome to the United States.

I just discouverd that i won the dv 2010 lottery so ii wrote to kcc that i havent received my notification lettre and it was mailed to me through my e mail address so i wish to fine out if i am already late to process my documents as i hear that inerviews have started and visas are already being issued; pls also what can you all advice me to do
thanks and waiting to read from you.
ACTUALLY I CHECKED ONLINE AND DISCOUVERED THAT I WAS A SELECCTEE THEN I CONTACTED KCC AND THEY ASKED ME SOME INFORMATIONS LIKE MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER/ LAST NAME AND DATE OF BIRTH AND THEY TOO CONFIRMED THAT I WON AND THEY TOLD ME THEY WILL SENT ME ANOTHER NOTIFICATION LETTER THROUGH MY MAIL BOX AND THEY DID THAT WITHIN 3 DAYS
MY CASE NUMBER IS 2010AF0004XXXX;
pls am i late or have they passed my range:
pls you guys should advice me on wat to do now
thanks and waiting to read from you all

Congrats tweeny was wonderin wen we didn't hear from you. Wishing allthe best.

Phluck2
Thanks yo so much 4 ur reply. Ill definately create a signature soon as i get all d dates 2geda. how do i start medicals as in wats it all about and how can i get kcc's no and pls wat is really wrong with Nigerias mailing system i get every other mail but the kcc mails. like how long before d interview r they likely to email me? im saying this cuz im presntly not in d state where my interview is scheduled and its in dat state i need to get all my documents from because ive not gotten any of my documents ready at all and i wont b going back to dat state till 2nd week feb nd my interview is 2nd week march. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Congrats on your successful interview.

Congrats Ejima. I am really impressed with your testimony. The good Lord will go ahead of you into this land of prosperity.

I feel very happy when I read success stories on this blog.

See you at the very top. Amen