• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

hi forumites,want to say a big thank u to every one for ur info n advice.i need ur prayers for monday.i am definately going to share my success story in JESUS name.AMEN

goodluck to u and we look forward to reading good news from you..

Hi guys,

long time, i have been away for my mother's funeral service in the village, hence been very bussy. Everything went fine and we are through today. Will fall back to base on monday.

Those going fortheir interview on monday, i am wishing you all abundance blessing and God divine favour.

Successsssssssssss in Jesus name-Amem.

Hi house, wishin those goin 4 interview goodluck.
Does anyone want to travel 4 february, it will b fun travellin wit someone u already know, since we all are one big family here.
I have been searching for cheap international flight ticket.
this is a list of what i came across
LAGOS TO NEWYORK:
Qatar Airways: $787
Royal Air Maroc: $812
Emirates: $1012
other Airlines are from $1400 and Above.
I dont know if anyone will be travelling by february so we can fly together. It will be fun.
Am thinkin of flyin wit Qatar, because of peoples experience abt d five star treatment on-board.
Pls Click d links for each Airline, to View Peoples Comments:
Qatar[ http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/qatar.htm ].

Royal AirMaroc[ http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/maroc.htm ].

Emirates[ http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/emrts.htm ].

So wot do U all think.

hi forumites,want to say a big thank u to every one for ur info n advice.i need ur prayers for monday.i am definately going to share my success story in JESUS name.AMEN

Dont worry you will be successful because success is a tradition here.Goodluck!

I am wishing anybody going for interview this brand new week successful stories, almighty God is with everyone of us here. You will be picking your visas like I picked mine in Jesus mighty name. Amen

Hi guys

I am new in this forum and I was so happy when i got to know about it. I am also a winner but I have not receieved my second letter frm KCC. does anyone have a clue the likely time I will receive it. Please I need quick reply cos i have started becoming uneasy about it. regards

CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
WAITING 2ND NL:

Tweeny,
Your case shall not be different from others because success is God's convenant with this forum. Go and rule your world and come back with the testimonies as we will be waiting for you in the forum.

Tweeny,
Your case shall not be different from others because success is God's convenant with this forum. Go and rule your world and come back with the testimonies as we will be waiting for you in the forum.

Tweeny,

we are waiting for the success story.

Remain bless

@ tweeny, hope u've gotten to the embassy already? Dont forget to break the good news to me first.lol!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

I am new in this forum and I was so happy when i got to know about it. I am also a winner but I have not receieved my second letter frm KCC. does anyone have a clue the likely time I will receive it. Please I need quick reply cos i have started becoming uneasy about it. regards

CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
WAITING 2ND NL:

Favor2me,
You do not need to worry too much, yes your number has become current so call KCC and find out your interview date and with that you can begin your medicals dats if you havent started it already.
DO not also forget to put togetherother documents required for your eventual interview. KCC will also confirm to you when u can email then for an interview confirmation email should you not get the 2nd NL before a certain date prior to your interview. Above all, ensure you go thru this thread from the beginning to have ample knowledge of how the questions are like.
Best of luck.

Yes, he is already a winner just waiting for the breaken news.

Receive it Tweeny, we are praying for you.

and where is Tweeny?
Some one give Tweeny a ring so the goodnews can be shared.
we are waiting ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

phluck2
thanks to your reply.the letter arrived today and i will be starting my medicals in earnest. like you advised on what the interview questions will be like,i studied engineering and i realy didnt practice what i studied,will questions come from o levels or from what i studied?

CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
2ND NL received-25th Jan,2010

Last edited by a moderator:
@Favor2 me... You are welcome to this great forum. Happy that you got your second NL. You should know the basics of what u studied and be able to defend that, look through the forum and remember what ur projects was. I believe if you read through the forum, you know the best the way to do ur home work again. Goodluck

]hi im new here im one of the dv winners 2010. After sending forms ds230 and other to kcc they scheduled my interview 2nd week in march and stated that they sent the notification to my pobox but ive checked and its not there. I also recieved my 1st notification by requesting that it is sent. Pls does anybody know if its possible for kcc to email the second notification package and i want to see more detailed interview experiences and questions and when do i start medicals??????? Wat is the content of the second package any way?????

Warning to dv winners

WARNING MESSAGE TO ALL DV WINNERS

Congratulations to everybody. If you have gotten your visa or you are still awaiting interview. God will make a way for everyone of us.
Ok, here is my warning to everybody. One important thing you must be aware of before you leave 9ja is ACCOMMODATION.

Yes! ACCOMMODATION.

If you are gonna be staying with your close relatives here, maybe parents, siblings, then you are lucky. But distant relatives, friends, or strangers, you have to be VERY VERY CAREFUL because sometimes grass is not always greener at the other side of the fence.

Ask your sponsor some important questions concerning accommodation before you leave i.e
(1) How long are they going to accommodate you.
(2) Are you going to be PAYING RENT immediately you get here or how long after you started working.
(3) How much you should bring with you.

These questions are really important, some people here, if you are not their family, your stay with them might be a shocker to you and your family you are bringing with you. Most of Nigerians here DO NOT want to help. Sometimes they pretend as if they are helping but in actual fact, they are helping themselves. Wherever you first live in US will determine how fast or slow you would be able to be on your feet.

Use my own story as an example.

I got my first letter in May 2008, my friend told me he had somebody he TRUSTED that I can stay with even though I had many options. Luckily I went for interview, I got the visa. I arrived in US on 19th November 2009. I got my SSN and Green Card within a month. I started working on the 15th December 2009. Before I got my first paycheck, my sponsor told me now that I've got a job, I have to be paying $450 for RENT and about $100 for UTILITIES. It came as a shock to me, as the matter of fact I was not told all of these before I left 9ja. Paying rent is not the issue, but Im paying more than 80% of what Im earning on RENT ALONE. I still got other bills to take care of like phone, food, transportation etc. I told them that this is what Im earning (showed them the paycheck), with all these, I barely have enough left for food. Imagine you go to work everyday and you cannot even feed yourself. They refused totally, I was told if I cannot pay, I should move out.

MOVE TO WHERE?

So, I have no option than to PAY and PRAY to God for another job.

And this is all happening within my 2nd month in America (November 2009 - January 2010). Anyway, you can imagine the rest...

Let this be a warning to anybody who is going to be staying with strangers when they get here especially when you are coming with your family.

America is beautiful place to be, its a land of opportunities, God will surely in His infinite mercy bring everybody here safely.

If you have any question, this is my email address "9jaemperor@gmail.com"

phluck2
thanks to your reply.the letter arrived today and i will be starting my medicals in earnest. like you advised on what the interview questions will be like,i studied engineering and i realy didnt practice what i studied,will questions come from o levels or from what i studied?

CN-2010AF00012xxx
NL SENT BY KCC-MARCH,09
NL RECVD-May,09
NL SENT BACK-July,09
2ND NL received-25th Jan,2010

My brother questions can come from every where, remember there is no laid down format for the interview. You should at least know the basics of what you read in school and also you should be on top of what you do for the firm you presently work for.
Best of luck.