• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@ Jolomirapheal... Congrats...... Just been busy arranging for my trip, dat's all, thanks for asking.

To all those whose interviews will be in this new week, I wish you all God's favour and more testimonies will be coming to this forum.
Also those that are preparing to travel, Journey mercies shall be yours by His mighty grace.

In this new week,God's grace to all going for their visas shall know no bounds.amen.to bammy and petit,i wish u the best in ur preparations.

This week would be beautiful, favourable and success -filled for every member of this forum either going for interview,preparin to travel.Have a blessed wk. cheers!

Happy new year to all d great forumites. Sorry for the long silence, I've been trying to settle down. Congrats to all those who were successful in their interviews, am so happy for u and welcome to the US.

Great forumites and especially those that are already in the US, pls I really do need ur advice as per what to do, I've been to the Social Security Office twice and my third visit wl be in the morning cause up till now I've not gotten my SSN and GC and am so worried abt ds. I've even called the social security office several times and as u may be aware, without d SSN and probably d GC, u cant work here or do something tangible. Although I've bn trying to make do with d hair making, but of course becos of the SSN, I've bn limited.

Anyway, I must let u know dt I changed my address @ d POE (Detroit) from Marlyland to Tampa Florida and have been here since 1st week in Dec, pls what do u advice I do cause am really restrained by ds. I need to move on wt my life and u know what it means staying wt pple and doing nothing for over a month especially if u're not d lazy type. Pls help me out oh and so worried and no one is willing to show u anything out here, especially when the pple around u dont have d opportunity u have (especially as dv winners). Please great brothers and sisters, come to my aid. I need a quick response. God bless u. Once again for all those that are current, I wish u luck. Best regards.

Happy new year to all d great forumites. Sorry for the long silence, I've been trying to settle down. Congrats to all those who were successful in their interviews, am so happy for u and welcome to the US.

Great forumites and especially those that are already in the US, pls I really do need ur advice as per what to do, I've been to the Social Security Office twice and my third visit wl be in the morning cause up till now I've not gotten my SSN and GC and am so worried abt ds. I've even called the social security office several times and as u may be aware, without d SSN and probably d GC, u cant work here or do something tangible. Although I've bn trying to make do with d hair making, but of course becos of the SSN, I've bn limited.

Anyway, I must let u know dt I changed my address @ d POE (Detroit) from Marlyland to Tampa Florida and have been here since 1st week in Dec, pls what do u advice I do cause am really restrained by ds. I need to move on wt my life and u know what it means staying wt pple and doing nothing for over a month especially if u're not d lazy type. Pls help me out oh and so worried and no one is willing to show u anything out here, especially when the pple around u dont have d opportunity u have (especially as dv winners). Please great brothers and sisters, come to my aid. I need a quick response. God bless u. Once again for all those that are current, I wish u luck. Best regards.

Welcome US.
The same thing happened to me; u could see from my signature that it took sometime b4 I could receive those docs.
Like I was told then that they sent the GC to the first address I indicated in my Ds 230. Even though both addresses were in the same city, however, it a while before I could get those docs.
It could be forstrating indeed; my advice is that you have patience with them and at the same time ask the person whom you planned to stay with in your former POE's address to find if such docs (SSN and/or GC) ever came to them.
Just take it easy, it will surely come.
Thanks
Navigator

Hi, Glad u're doing good. Like it happened to a relative, i think u change address, it's kind of delayed a lil bit... Goodluck and Best wishes

Hey forummates, how is everyone doing. I am gad the great and successful stories is still flowing here, just like it will continue to till the end of time. I collected picked up my visa today, it's really amazing guy. I want to tell anybody going to Chicago IL that he or she must learn how to drive first before leaving, i don't know why but that's what everyone is telling me.

Same thing happened to me. We came in in the first week of December also but did not get our GCs until I worried them seriously through the phone and also visited the USCIS in my area. Can you believe that they quickly sent welcome notices to us and follow up with GCs within two days. Thereafter, they still sent welcome notices again and today, we still receiced letters from them asking if we have received the cards and directing us on what to do, if not.

Expect such delays if you changed your address at POE and most times, if you come in through JFK. That was what happened to us.

Take the following 2 steps and you shall soon get your cards:

(1) Call USCIS on 800-375-5283 and pick the following options (1) for english then (2) for those who want to enquire on their applications then (3) for those who have lost their receipts(dv applicants dont have receipts). After these options, a customer service person will pick the phone and ask for your details. We you came in, a number was written on your passport which starts wit letter A. That is your alien number, the officer will ask for this and other details and tell you to wait for their response in the next 45 days. relax, they will print your GC that same day, if not done already.

(2) Log on to www.uscis.gov and click on to 'make an appointment(infopass)'. this will lead you to where you can book appointment with USCIS in your area where they will take your details and tell you when to expect your card, if in process, or they will direct them to attend to your case.

To address the issue of Social Security Number, where you applied for it matters. If you did while in Nigeria or at the POE, it might delay at little bit and you cant apply for it twice. However, I went straight to their office in my area to apply and got it after 3 days. Whatever the case, visit their office in your area and they will help you out. Just log into www.socialsecurity.gov to check the status of your application or visit them.

Relax, it is well

Same thing happened to me. We came in in the first week of December also but did not get our GCs until I worried them seriously through the phone and also visited the USCIS in my area. Can you believe that they quickly sent welcome notices to us and follow up with GCs within two days. Thereafter, they still sent welcome notices again and today, we still receiced letters from them asking if we have received the cards and directing us on what to do, if not.

Expect such delays if you changed your address at POE and most times, if you come in through JFK. That was what happened to us.

Take the following 2 steps and you shall soon get your cards:

(1) Call USCIS on 800-375-5283 and pick the following options (1) for english then (2) for those who want to enquire on their applications then (3) for those who have lost their receipts(dv applicants dont have receipts). After these options, a customer service person will pick the phone and ask for your details. We you came in, a number was written on your passport which starts wit letter A. That is your alien number, the officer will ask for this and other details and tell you to wait for their response in the next 45 days. relax, they will print your GC that same day, if not done already.

(2) Log on to www.uscis.gov and click on to 'make an appointment(infopass)'. this will lead you to where you can book appointment with USCIS in your area where they will take your details and tell you when to expect your card, if in process, or they will direct them to attend to your case.

To address the issue of Social Security Number, where you applied for it matters. If you did while in Nigeria or at the POE, it might delay at little bit and you cant apply for it twice. However, I went straight to their office in my area to apply and got it after 3 days. Whatever the case, visit their office in your area and they will help you out. Just log into www.socialsecurity.gov to check the status of your application or visit them.

Relax, it is well

Thanks, good information.
I've bookmarked this page already.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
Hello good people today marks a year of President Obama's administration and what a journey this has been for a guy from Southside Chicago to be the C-IN -C of the greatest nation in the world explain the meaning of the AMERICAN DREAM to which we all aspire,this shows people that America is where all things are possible when you follow your dream. It is true that things are pretty bad now as we must have been told by people who are already living in the States but within this difficulties are ample oppourtunities to turn our lives around and also live a fulfilling life; It is my prayer that may God in His infinite mercies see us through this Test and give us a good testimony,have a good week everyone.

Hey guys,
the forum is kinda quiet.
Where is one gone? where are those that went for interviews this week?
Best wishes to those who are yet to go for their interviews and even to those are are waiting to be current.
Those that are waiting to travel are not left out.

@House
Interesting things has happened just few days i have been away.
Congrats to those who have had their interview lately and to those having theirs next week beginning with Tweeny
happy birthday to the January folks.

Inso far God is on our side we shall all definitely make it.Goodluck to everyone!

CN: 2010AF00019***. I've sent my first NL since July n have nt gotten 2nd NL. My question is dis, can i go for my Medical and Police cert now or i should wait for my 2nd NL before doing that. Pls, i need reply frm any1.

CN: 2010AF00019***. I've sent my first NL since July n have nt gotten 2nd NL. My question is dis, can i go for my Medical and Police cert now or i should wait for my 2nd NL before doing that. Pls, i need reply frm any1.

Hi Ohis,

One can easily know from your question that you are new to this forum. You are very, very welcome and it's not too late a time to join with reference to your case number.

You cannot go for your medicals nor commence processing Police cert. cos your case number is yet to be scheduled for interview. Visa bulletin from which you can track case numbers is released by the 10th of each month. Numbers have been released on a monthly basis from October, 2009 to March, 2010. Check this website : www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

I will however advise you to take time and go through the posts in this thread if you really wanna have detailed knowledge and experience on how the DV lottery works. The earlier the better you start.

Meanwhile, update your signature.

You are once a gain welcome.

Hello forum mates,

hope all is well. the room has been getting quieter and quieter these days. Please lets give the room a life

Wish the best to those who will have their interview soon

lome