• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Dotman,thank you very much bcos someone told me that there is no problem for that,he said your sponsor can be you petitioner it is true?
God bless you
But I want to let you know that i ask kcc to send my interview to my country.I will go ahead now and get all my documents and for the family ready.
I can now have my sleep to night
once again thank you.

Just correct it and it's okay, that's not even going to disqualify you, so keep ur mind at rest.

Let me start by saying congratulation and PLEASE DO NOT FAINT!,what you need to do is to contact kcc through email or fax stating your wife's name ,D.O.B and Place of Birth as well as her notification number,you can now inform them that you wrote your sponsor's name in the column for the petitioner,you will be allowed to rectify this mistake as it is no problem, print a new page of the form fill it with correct information and attach it to your mail and send it, that should settle the first issue. Secondly, if you are legally based in Nigeria you can have your interview wherever you are legally based irrespective of your country of origin, as your country is not listed seperately unlike NIGERIA and the rest, there is ample oppourtunity that your number is likely to be current for Africa. Lastly you should by now have started the process of getting your documents, all i can say at this point is that you should do all that is humanly possible on behalf of you family and leave the rest for God.:cool:

Dotman,thank you very much bcos someone told me that there is no problem for that,he said your sponsor can be you petitioner it is true?
God bless you
But I want to let you know that i ask kcc to send my interview to my country.I will go ahead now and get all my documents and for the family ready.
once again thank you.

EYE OPENER 2
Hello everyone it's me again concerning the above subject matter,firstly my condolence to the forumite that has just recently lost a dear mum,my prayer is with you at this time may God make his face to shine on you,it is well. Now to the other issue,i will like to say to everyone that is fortunate to be on this forum that if you diligently applied all information shared on this forum with the grace of God your success is guaranteed, trust me because recently we have been having a lot of testimonies and you are next in line!. Phil my brother God bless you,please try and use this break period as you acclamatise to your new enviroment to go over your plan,hold on to the one that is working and let go of the one that won't work,look around for a library get information,learn the bus routes if you do not drive if you do try and see if you can start some driving lesson,be prepared cos as soon as your greencard and SSN comes through it is welcome to the life of busyness 24'7,be prepared.To my dear brothers and sisters who are already successful in their interviews and are yet to purchase their tickets,believe that He that Has begin a good work in you will perfect it,He will meet you at the point of your need,as a matter of fact that's just by the way you will find the money,Insha Allah, In Jesus Mighty name, Amen. Please when you finally get over to the states do not rely too much on your host as they might let you down.The fact is that you will be coming to America with something that took some of them years to get,it will only take somebody with the grace of God to recognise that it is the Lord's doing and that it has got nothing to do with us.Be strong and go and do exploit.If you are just joining us for the first time welcome you are in the right place.Stay bless.

Thanks for the encouragement, prayers and great advice.

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

God bless you
once again thank you.

I corrected more than 5 info on my forms through KCC at 3 different times and this was never raised during the interview. Infact, the only question asked during the interview was why my wife was more beautiful in real life than in the passport photograph. Not a single question was asked at all, to the glory of God. I am a Nigerian but had the CP outside. I have never seen such professional and polite people at any embassy so far. The guys at the American Embassy, from the security post, were professionals to the core.

Anyway, be assured that ''Faithful is He who has brought you this far, for He shall accomplish that which He started in your life''. He shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace. Amen.

Hope this helps !

Shalom !!!

dv 2010 winner from nigeria

I corrected more than 5 info on my forms through KCC at 3 different times and this was never raised during the interview. Infact, the only question asked during the interview was why my wife was more beautiful in real life than in the passport photograph. Not a single question was asked at all, to the glory of God. I am a Nigerian but had the CP outside. I have never seen such professional and polite people at any embassy so far. The guys at the American Embassy, from the security post, were professionals to the core.

Anyway, be assured that ''Faithful is He who has brought you this far, for He shall accomplish that which He started in your life''. He shall fight for you and you shall hold your peace. Amen.

Hope this helps !

Shalom !!!

Thanks very much for all your good advice ,encouragenent and your prayers.
I started gain a very big confident now,and I slept last night like a baby:):).
Pls ,I hope the name of the petitioner is the name of my wife that won the lottery.
You are all a wonderful peoples
I will always give thanks to GOD and all of you (petit,dotman,ben emman etc..)that GOD is using to touch the life of other people.
Remain Bless.
:cool::cool::cool:

bothered about this

hi everyone in the house.hope all is well. i must always thank u all 4 ur assistance as per info on this thread.
there is this thing that has been bothering my mind ever since i sent my forms 2 the kcc. like most of u know,i am a newly married couple.myself and my spouse are 21yrs of age. infact we got married three months before my first NL arrived.
the thing is that i have a small stature compared to my wife. dont u think the CO might think dat its an arranged stuff?
pls this is the most troubling question i have in mind.
please let somone shed more light pls
GOD BLESS U ALL.
I KNOW WE SHALL ALL RISE TO THE TOP but information is a the basic tool to climb this ladder. one love

CN: 2010AF00010xxx
REGSTD FOR DV 28TH OCT,08
NL DATED 7TH MAY,09
NL RECVD 30 OF MAY,09
FORM SENT BACK TO KCC 16TH AUGUST,09
CONFIRM DELIVERY FROM DHL,28TH AUGUST,09
KCC CONFIRM RECEIPT OF FORM,3RD SEPTEMBER,09
2ND NL RECEIVED WAITING
INTERVIEW DATE WAITING

Hello my pips in da house. This great forum has been of great and immense help to us all. It has thought me many things and I was able and still bn able to prepared myself thru this forum. I am planning to leave Naija for my new country (u know now) come Friday nite from Abj via Delta Airlines. Pls I will like to ask ds honourable house that my final destination in d US is Florida, but will have a stopover flight in NYC. Now d question is, where exactly will I drop my documents? Is it at JFK airport in NYC or at Florida? Pls I need a quick and prompt response. God bless u all. Kudos to Ammeck, Bammyrichie, Petite, Dotman, Aywire, Lifewire4real, and so many others for all their contributions here, they really helped and are still helping, pls keep it up. Pls I need a quick and prompt response to my question. And oh Phil, my broda u make me laugh. Ur contributions are useful too.

@olubu12, hi ur presenting it in Florida, since its ur final destination. That is ur real P.O.E <PORT OF ENTRY>.

Pls olubu12, Share ur interview experience with us. Its Very important. Are u for dv 2009 or 2010?

hi everyone in the house.hope all is well. i must always thank u all 4 ur assistance as per info on this thread.
there is this thing that has been bothering my mind ever since i sent my forms 2 the kcc. like most of u know,i am a newly married couple.myself and my spouse are 21yrs of age. infact we got married three months before my first NL arrived.
the thing is that i have a small stature compared to my wife. dont u think the CO might think dat its an arranged stuff?
GOD BLESS U ALL.
I KNOW WE SHALL ALL RISE TO THE TOP but information is a the basic tool to climb this ladder. one love

NL DATED 7TH MAY,09
NL RECVD 30 OF MAY,09
2ND NL RECEIVED WAITING
INTERVIEW DATE WAITING

jolomirapheal I would like to ask you a few questions. Apart from your marriage certificate obtained from the court (court marriage certificate) did you do Church marriage? If yes, the Church where you did your marriage might as well have a role to play. I mean the Consular Officers' perception of the Church might be an issue.

I don't mean to be rude. Please forgive me if you feel offended after reading this post. I just pray the Consular Officers don't begin to think your marrage is one of those arranged marriages. I think you may have a lot of questions to answer and a lot of proof to show that you are truely married. Especially considering your age (21 yrs for a Nigerian living in Nigeria) and the period (3 Months before you got your first NL letter), that you got married. If you are able to prove that you are truely married and able to answer other questions that might come up then nothing stops you from getting the VISA. But do note that you may have a lot of questions to answer from the Consular Officers pertaining to your marriage. Of course as you know they are psychologists.

A word of advice to selectees. Please try to avoid making some of these avoidable mistakes by taking advice from people either in the U.S. or elsewhere who don't know much about how the diversity programme works. They will tell you to get involved into phantom or arranged marriages in order to cross someone or get one other person into the U.S. Please note that that is a dangerous game to play. A selectee who foolishly got involved in such arranged marriages might end up losing his/ her own chance of moving into the U.S. through the diversity programme. Always endeavour to avoide those avoidable mistakes.

My friend jolomirapheal, continue to rehearse and put everything into the hands of God. With God all things are possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
jolomirapheal I would like to ask you a few questions. Apart from your marriage certificate obtained from the court (court marriage certificate) did you do Church marriage? If yes, the Church where you did your marriage might as well have a role to play. I mean the Consular Officers' perception of the Church might be an issue.

I don't mean to be rude. Please forgive me if you feel offended after reading this post. I just pray the Consular Officers don't begin to think your marrage is one of those arranged marriages. I think you may have a lot of questions to answer and a lot of proof to show that you are truely married. Especially considering your age (21 yrs for a Nigerian living in Nigeria) and the period (3 Months before you got your first NL letter), that you got married. If you are able to prove that you are truely married and able to answer other questions that might come up then nothing stops you from getting the VISA. But do note that you may have a lot of questions to answer from the Consular Officers pertaining to your marriage. Of course as you know they are psychologists.

A word of advice to selectees. Please making some of these avoidable mistakes by taking advice from people either in the U.S. or elsewhere who don't know much about how the diversity programme works. They will tell you to get involved into phantom or arranged marriages in order to cross someone or get one other person into the U.S. Please note that that is a dangerous game to play. A selectee who foolishly got involved in such arranged marriages might end up losing his/ her own chance of moving into the U.S. through the diversity programme. Always endeavour to avoide those avoidable mistakes.

My friend jolomirapheal, continue to rehearse and put everything into the hands of God. With God all things are possible.

Hi Izi,

Good advice, i perfectly agree with u on this one.

A word of advice to selectees. Please making some of these avoidable mistakes by taking advice from people either in the U.S. or elsewhere who don't know much about how the diversity programme works. They will tell you to get involved into phantom or arranged marriages in order to cross someone or get one other person into the U.S. Please note that that is a dangerous game to play. A selectee who foolishly got involved in such arranged marriages might end up losing his/ her own chance of moving into the U.S. through the diversity programme. Always endeavour to avoide those avoidable mistakes.

what do u now suggest.is it possible for me to change my status to single since my forms are not yet processed?but i have sent the forms to the kcc

This happened to my cousin two or so years ago, he got selected for further processing and when he was looking for a sponsor, we asked one of my mum's close friends in Houston and guess what she said "unless he marries one of her sisters before sending back the form, she wont sign the I-134 form" we were absolutely shocked because we have never heard anything like that. To cut the long story short, we refused and used another family friend. His interview was successful and in the states today. People should not get intimidated into marriage or rush into it except if you are absolutely sure. The risk is not worth it. Other countries dont have much problems with this, but from what i have read in other threads, it can go either way.

Nevertheless, Jolomi continue to prepare as you are doing and God will see you through. They will question your marriage but if you are well prepared things will go well....Lets see what the other forum members have to say.

p.s everyone is nervous until after the interview stage is over. What you are feeling in normal. try to take your mind of it, and do the best you can.

Petitioner

Thanks very much for all your good advice ,encouragenent and your prayers.
I started gain a very big confident now,and I slept last night like a baby:):).
Pls ,I hope the name of the petitioner is the name of my wife that won the lottery.
You are all a wonderful peoples
I will always give thanks to GOD and all of you (petit,dotman,ben emman etc..)that GOD is using to touch the life of other people.
Remain Bless.
:cool::cool::cool:
The petitioner is your wife since she is the principal applicant.

Am so happy that you have regained your confidence,please always remmember that your wife winning the lottery like anyone of us has got nothing to do with us but God favours considering the fact that millions of people entered into this lottery but God in His infinite mercy deemed it fit that we should be the chosen one to go further and claim the visa,from this background you now need to relax all you need to do is to simply hand everything over to God who started the whole process in the first place.SLEEP WELL BROTHER!!, go out and get those documents,be prepared.Cheers.:cool::cool:

what do u now suggest.is it possible for me to change my status to single since my forms are not yet processed?but i have sent the forms to the kcc

@ jolomirapheal... If u email kcc and tell them you're not married anymore after telling them u're married and added your spouse name, hmmmm, you're contradicting yourself! All the corrections you make with KCC will be right in front of you at the day of your interview and it will be thoroughly reviewed. How would you explained that you wrote by yourself that you were married, all of a sudden you aint married anymore? So it is better for you to prove the authenticity of your marriage and get prepared. Goodluck

Why worry?

GOD BLESS U ALL.

NL DATED 7TH MAY,09
NL RECVD 30 OF MAY,09
2ND NL RECEIVED WAITING
INTERVIEW DATE WAITING

Jolomi,you need not to worry as long as your marriage is geniune and not arranged,am sure you must have come across on this thread or on other Nigerian thread of previous years people who were single at the time of their application and who are already married by the time they got their first notification.The first thing you need to do is to notify the embassy where your interview will take place of this change through email attached the evidence of your marriage(certificate) because by now i presume KCC must have send your file to wherever you choose to have your interview and if you are not yet schedule for interview,you can contact KCC with this latest development.The other point you need to understand is the fact come what may the CO will expect you to prove that your marriage is for real,all you will need to do is to provide enough prove such as pictures,letters and cards to convince him/her.As long as your marriage is in conformity with the Nigerian customs and traditions, your marriage is recognisable anywhere in the world,whether you are married in the church,mosque or shrine or in the court is subject to law and custom,therefore all that will be required of you by the CO is to provide this proof,chikena.Your stature has got nothing to do with it or your age,in America where the CO comes from you can get married at 18 years, so at 21 you are old enough to get married all you need to do is to provide proof that your marriage is not for immigration purpose but a consumate relationship.Jolomi, my advise is that you will need to sit with your wife and go over how you met,where you met and stuff like that,here is wishing you all the very best.:cool: