• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@olubu
If u'r stopping @ NY before taking a connecting flight to FL,ur envelop wud b collected at NY.Read Phil's post who was actually goin to Atlanta but had it in NY.A friend of mine who left 4 Dallas lately had d same experience.

Poe

@olubu
If u'r stopping @ NY before taking a connecting flight to FL,ur envelop wud b collected at NY.Read Phil's post who was actually goin to Atlanta but had it in NY.A friend of mine who left 4 Dallas lately had d same experience.
Gasper is right your point of entry is NY and not FL,cheers.:cool:

Level of trust

This happened to my cousin two or so years ago, he got selected for further processing and when he was looking for a sponsor, we asked one of my mum's close friends in Houston and guess what she said "unless he marries one of her sisters before sending back the form, she wont sign the I-134 form" we were absolutely shocked because we have never heard anything like that. To cut the long story short, we refused and used another family friend. His interview was successful and in the states today. People should not get intimidated into marriage or rush into it except if you are absolutely sure. The risk is not worth it. Other countries dont have much problems with this, but from what i have read in other threads, it can go either way.

Nevertheless, Jolomi continue to prepare as you are doing and God will see you through. They will question your marriage but if you are well prepared things will go well....Lets see what the other forum members have to say.

p.s everyone is nervous until after the interview stage is over. What you are feeling in normal. try to take your mind of it, and do the best you can.

I guess it takes a tremendous effort to get a sponsor,but the thing is that if God has brought us this far He will make a way for us, i support smallacrimose in entirety that if we are asked to go into a bogus marriage for their sponsorship we should tell them where to stick their help, our level of trust in God will determine our next breakthrough, BElIEVE HE WILL MAKE A WAY WHERE THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY.HE WILL COME THROUGH FOR US ALL.:cool:

House i will humbly want to make a suggestion which is to nominate our dear lady Petit as the honourable Secretary of this great house for all her great effort.I really see this thread evolving to a greater thing in the future,we should not only use this forum to get to the State but for continous development of each others. I also will like to support the move for us to meet at a point before the end of the 2010 program, to compare note and share information and also thank the good Lord for His faithfulness.Petit i know how crazy it is right now but God will see you through hope you can still find the time to coordinate this stuff? the joy of the Lord is your strength.House please any suggestion how we can take this forward?

Sorry house, i tot Phill's P.O.E was atlanta, until i went bak to Check. it actually was New York.
@olubu12, really sorry 4dat error.
WHICH MEANS THAT YOUR P.O.E IS ACTUALLY YOUR FIRST STOP IN U.S.A.

House i will humbly want to make a suggestion which is to nominate our dear lady Petit as the honourable Secretary of this great house for all her great effort.I really see this thread evolving to a greater thing in the future,we should not only use this forum to get to the State but for continous development of each others. I also will like to support the move for us to meet at a point before the end of the 2010 program, to compare note and share information and also thank the good Lord for His faithfulness.Petit i know how crazy it is right now but God will see you through hope you can still find the time to coordinate this stuff? the joy of the Lord is your strength.House please any suggestion how we can take this forward?

LOL @ Dotman....... lol.. you'll be the chairman right ? Very funny!!! . I just love to hang around here because it's highly informative and people also need to be put through as I was put through when I got on here. Sure we can always compare notes and share information that'll help others especially when we get to the States or those who are on the way to the embassy for their interview... But believe me, alot of us will be very very occupied when we get out of the country trying to get our grooves, except of course there are some other ways you intend to run it... ..

Strangers in a foreign land

LOL @ Dotman....... lol.. you'll be the chairman right ? Very funny!!! . I just love to hang around here because it's highly informative and people also need to be put through as I was put through when I got on here. Sure we can always compare notes and share information that'll help others especially when we get to the States or those who are on the way to the embassy for their interview... But believe me, alot of us will be very very occupied when we get out of the country trying to get our grooves, except of course there are some other ways you intend to run it... ..

Trust me the time we have now will be a luxury as soon as we cross over the bridge, we need to provide a support base where we all can tuck in to and find succor when things does not go according to plan, when we all get to the states,if you study all other previous thread as soon as they all got their visas and are in the states that is the end of that thread.I will really want this thread to go further and remains valuable irrespective of where we choose to domicile when we get to the state, because one way or the other when the going gets tough we will all need each other to maintain focus and provide reassurance.America is Massive!!! for the first 1-2years we will be like strangers in a foreign land,we will have to LEARN AND RE-LEARN,that is where maintaining correspondence and keeping this thread alive will be of benefit to all asundry!! cos we have people who have been through all the stuff we are going through that can offer geniune advise as to what to do to overcome whatever predicament that anybody is facing,feel me?:D

Hi,
it's been a while.My interview is in two weeks. Can't wait.
I am standing as a candidate for One Young World, a platform where I can represent my generation and my country on some of the greatest challenges ahead. Help me become a delegate by voting for me now!
http://apps.facebook.com/oywcandidates/entry/1381/

My koko, goodluck to you, we're waiting for the great news, May God go with you as you for your interview, go through your documents again and rehearse well.. Dont forget to share the good news with us...

Trust me the time we have now will be a luxury as soon as we cross over the bridge, we need to provide a support base where we all can tuck in to and find succor when things does not go according to plan, when we all get to the states,if you study all other previous thread as soon as they all got their visas and are in the states that is the end of that thread.I will really want this thread to go further and remains valuable irrespective of where we choose to domicile when we get to the state, because one way or the other when the going gets tough we will all need each other to maintain focus and provide reassurance.America is Massive!!! for the first 1-2years we will be like strangers in a foreign land,we will have to LEARN AND RE-LEARN,that is where maintaining correspondence and keeping this thread alive will be of benefit to all asundry!! cos we have people who have been through all the stuff we are going through that can offer geniune advise as to what to do to overcome whatever predicament that anybody is facing,feel me?:D

I agree with some of those things you have said, especially sharing of ideas and all those things u've talked about.. let's hear what the house say on this

Hi,
it's been a while.My interview is in two weeks. Can't wait.
I am standing as a candidate for One Young World, a platform where I can represent my generation and my country on some of the greatest challenges ahead. Help me become a delegate by voting for me now!
http://apps.facebook.com/oywcandidates/entry/1381/

May God be with you during your interview and grant you success in Jesus name, amen... though i didn't pledge, hope my vote makes a difference, good luck!!!

Praise be to the Lord our God who crowns us in victory

Thanks very much for all your good advice ,encouragenent and your prayers.
I started gain a very big confident now,and I slept last night like a baby:):).
Pls ,I hope the name of the petitioner is the name of my wife that won the lottery.
You are all a wonderful peoples
I will always give thanks to GOD and all of you (petit,dotman,ben emman etc..)that GOD is using to touch the life of other people.
Remain Bless.
:cool::cool::cool:

Thomastutus- Your wife is the petitioner. Sincerely, I didnt even fill in that info on our (spouse, kids and self) forms then and no one raised a question about it. They know what it is supposed to be. However, a mail to KCC to include that on your form now will harm you not.

It is well.

hi everyone in the house.hope all is well. i must always thank u all 4 ur assistance as per info on this thread.
there is this thing that has been bothering my mind ever since i sent my forms 2 the kcc. like most of u know,i am a newly married couple.myself and my spouse are 21yrs of age. infact we got married three months before my first NL arrived.
the thing is that i have a small stature compared to my wife. dont u think the CO might think dat its an arranged stuff?
pls this is the most troubling question i have in mind.
please let somone shed more light pls
GOD BLESS U ALL.
I KNOW WE SHALL ALL RISE TO THE TOP but information is a the basic tool to climb this ladder. one love

CN: 2010AF00010xxx
REGSTD FOR DV 28TH OCT,08
NL DATED 7TH MAY,09
NL RECVD 30 OF MAY,09
FORM SENT BACK TO KCC 16TH AUGUST,09
CONFIRM DELIVERY FROM DHL,28TH AUGUST,09
KCC CONFIRM RECEIPT OF FORM,3RD SEPTEMBER,09
2ND NL RECEIVED WAITING
INTERVIEW DATE WAITING

Brother, neither your wife stature nor yours poses any threat to the success of the interview. Just prayerfully go with the pictures, especially the ones taken during the wedding ceremonies and courtship period. I am sure that these should do with some other relevant docs, as adviced by people in previous threads.

Shalom !

Hello my pips in da house. This great forum has been of great and immense help to us all. It has thought me many things and I was able and still bn able to prepared myself thru this forum. I am planning to leave Naija for my new country (u know now) come Friday nite from Abj via Delta Airlines. Pls I will like to ask ds honourable house that my final destination in d US is Florida, but will have a stopover flight in NYC. Now d question is, where exactly will I drop my documents? Is it at JFK airport in NYC or at Florida? Pls I need a quick and prompt response. God bless u all. Kudos to Ammeck, Bammyrichie, Petite, Dotman, Aywire, Lifewire4real, and so many others for all their contributions here, they really helped and are still helping, pls keep it up. Pls I need a quick and prompt response to my question. And oh Phil, my broda u make me laugh. Ur contributions are useful too.

Olubu,
I believe you will have to turn in your documents at NYC as the connecting flight to Florida is a local flight. The departure for local flight is after you must have exited from the international arrival. Infact, you will drop them at NYC. Hope this helps !

Helloooo everyone. Sorry i've not been on here in a while. Thanks sooo sooo much for all the congratulatory messages. For those current this month, i wish you all the best with the interviews.

Freedom, I dont know wether to call you James Bond 007. Anyways my brotther congratulations and may the good Lord continue to smile on you as we tap into your annointing.
Well done and best of luck

hahahaha....this made me laugh so hard! thanks jare. wetin man go do?

joequi,

im sorry to hear about your mom's passing away. I hope it was a peaceful departure. Be strong. Everything will be alright

Congrats freedom on successful interview, were you on F-1 visa before and did leave the states right after graduation or you waited till weeks before your interview before returning to Nigeria? Any advice for f-1 students going back home for cp.... I dont know anyone from Nigeria that lived in the US prior to being selected for dv lottery that chose to do cp, everyone else did AOS. I am so happy your interview went well, it gives me a little more peace that all will be well. please pm me or reply me on here which ever is more comfortable for you.

thank you so much. you know, i actually had the intention of sending you a private message after my interview. i remember you asked about this a while back. check your inbox