• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@mykoko and others going for interview this week,this very month and others waiting for our interview we are going there to pick up what GOD has left there for us. Guys we all are coming back here with success stories for the Lord is with us.I am waiting for the good news to flow this week and weeks more to come.

'Testing' of Education Qualifications.

I can understand that the US consular officers are under immense pressure all over the world to stop fraud. But when it comes to evaluating educational credentials the Nigerian post seems to be brazenly violating their own guidelines. They should have had better methods in place as suggested in their own 9FAM 42.33.

I am basing this conclusion after reading many of this forum posts, how they routinely conduct 'oral testing' of a candidate's knowledge.

It is very unfortunate that applicants have no recourse to challenge this practice by requesting an admin review or by taking it to judiciary.

This is what 9FAM say specifically for DV applicants;

9 FAM 42.33 N7.3 Education Evaluation

....b. A DV refusal must be based on evidence that the alien did not in fact
obtain the required degree and not on your assessment of the alien's
knowledge level. You may not administer an exam, either oral or written,
to test an applicant’s basic knowledge in order to determine whether they
have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. You may not refuse
a DV applicant solely on the basis of your analysis of the applicant's basic
knowledge. Doubts about the applicant’s claimed educational level raised
by your interview, however, may lead you to investigate the authenticity
of the educational credentials claimed by the DV applicant.

Full details of these and other guidelines to evaluate DV CP applications is found here
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

also check all that is applicable to DV category under 42.33 in the following link
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/c22753.htm

Nice one guy but you know how it is here we cant really do much, may be when we get to yankee we can speak up.

'Testing' of Education Qualifications.

I can understand that the US consular officers are under immense pressure all over the world to stop fraud. But when it comes to evaluating educational credentials the Nigerian post seems to be brazenly violating their own guidelines. They should have had better methods in place as suggested in their own 9FAM 42.33.

I am basing this conclusion after reading many of this forum posts, how they routinely conduct 'oral testing' of a candidate's knowledge.

It is very unfortunate that applicants have no recourse to challenge this practice by requesting an admin review or by taking it to judiciary.

This is what 9FAM say specifically for DV applicants;

9 FAM 42.33 N7.3 Education Evaluation

....b. A DV refusal must be based on evidence that the alien did not in fact
obtain the required degree and not on your assessment of the alien's
knowledge level. You may not administer an exam, either oral or written,
to test an applicant’s basic knowledge in order to determine whether they
have the equivalent of a U.S. high school education. You may not refuse
a DV applicant solely on the basis of your analysis of the applicant's basic
knowledge. Doubts about the applicant’s claimed educational level raised
by your interview, however, may lead you to investigate the authenticity
of the educational credentials claimed by the DV applicant.

Full details of these and other guidelines to evaluate DV CP applications is found here
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf

also check all that is applicable to DV category under 42.33 in the following link
http://www.state.gov/m/a/dir/regs/fam/09fam/c22753.htm

Yes Poster, you're right. House if you study the other interview patterns in other countries, it's not really as bad as it is, they just confirm their identity and make sure the basic requirements are met, but as phluck has said, what can we do now, a little for now i know.

@ Petit what can I do, since I have not received any other information since I returned all forms filled through fedex in april

@ Whales, firstly since we dont know what your CN looks like, you may have been current, or you may not yet be current, so call kcc or email them at kccdv@state.gov and request to know if your number is current already..Goodluck.

Shinadave,
You do not have any reason to be worried, the Lord has decreed it and it must come to pass.
Success is yours and pls celebrate the birth of our Lord Jesus as I believe there couldn't be a better time for your interview other than now.
Best luck and Pls come with the good news to the house.

@phluck, tomorrow is the day KCC promised u.. (you) their contract worker that can tell us authoritatively the CN that'll be current for every new month..lol

@phluck, tomorrow is the day KCC promised u.. (you) their contract worker that can tell us authoritatively the CN that'll be current for every new month..lol

Petit,
Thanks for reminding me. I have even sent a mail to them, I wont let them rest until they have given me my date.
Thanks once again.

Everyone's waiting impatiently for my koko's post...

@ Phluck, the teacher guy who has got 2 kids, himself and his wife ,u remember? were granted their visas today at the Lagos embassy, dont know the details, he just called me to give me the great news...

Everyone's waiting impatiently for my koko's post...@ Phluck, the teacher guy who has got 2 kids, himself and his wife ,u remember? were granted their visas today at the Lagos embassy, dont know the details, he just called me to give me the great news...
Petit,God is so wonderful, I am indeed very happy for them. Always give them my regards and wish them luck as well.

i need someone to tell me the kind of question they ask bankers who presently work with an OND and also still working towards to get B.SC acct .
who also intend to work in financial institution in united states.

Accounting is a GREAT degree to have in the US, so kudos to you for working towards that.
Be prepared to answer questions such as, what is a balance sheet, what is a statement of cash flows, what are the main categories in a balance sheet? and basic questions about parts of speech. they wont go into details, but you get the drift