• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

I am grateful for you guys prompt response. I believe the NL will come.

But my challenges now is my wife waec cert which bears a different DOB like Jan 15, 1975 and her real DOB on her Birth Cert is Feb 14, 1974. We went to her school to complain and a letter was address to waec amendment dept but till date nothing has been done as to correct the DOB.

Please what shall we do to this ?

Who is the principal applicant of d DV lottery? I mean who won the lottery?

u guys are doing a great work here.please i have a question:
my wife is a dv 2010 winner.though this is my second marriage.i have already applied for visa at the us embassy in 2005 with my previous wife details'.my first marriage was a traditional marraige.we terminated it at a customary court in lagos in the month of sept 2005.and part of the dv 2010 requirements' is that one should provide a divorce decree from high court.what should i do?since customary court dont issue divorce decree.
thanx

am so sorry house for my message and i guess i overact when the event happen, i can't leave the house, petit, danje no need to pm the person ok

I am grateful for you guys* prompt response. I believe the NL will come. But my challenges now is my wife waec cert which bears a different DOB like Jan 15, 1975 and her real DOB on her Birth Cert is Feb 14, 1974. We went to* her school to complain and a letter was address to waec amendment dept but till date nothing has been done as to correct the DOB.Please what shall we do to this ?
Hello everybody. Good to be back with testimony. God went before my family and it was a pleasant chat(not an interview). It was like the guy had made up his mind to give me, my wife and 2 kids our visa before he called us. God made him to be our friend and we were very relaxed.I have talked to some of my friends in the house on phone and they actually showed that they are my brothers/sisters from another mum. Funny enough, I've never seen Bammyrichie, Paulash, Petit, Godblesschuks etc but I feel them. You all have played a role in my life and I cannot aptly express my appreciation. The best I can do is to contribute to discussions in the house and point out possible pitfalls to my poeple.Dont ever go with foreign currency (dollars) because they seem to always pick one or two notes that are not acceptable. First interview is better than being rescheduled.For those who won as singles, better continue with your application as such. it is better to win and come back for him/her after 5 years than both of you losing out. For those who have already done this and sent the forms back, relax, God of possibilities will still do it. Not by might...
For Mosestaboo, if you are the principal applicant, they are not interested in your spouse's certificate. Infact, they wont collect it from you. Same happened to me.

Above all, commit it all into God's hands. He is able.

I am grateful for you guys prompt response. I believe the NL will come.

But my challenges now is my wife waec cert which bears a different DOB like Jan 15, 1975 and her real DOB on her Birth Cert is Feb 14, 1974. We went to her school to complain and a letter was address to waec amendment dept but till date nothing has been done as to correct the DOB.

Please what shall we do to this ?

In addition, if your wife is the principal applicant, tell her not to use the certificate in view of the obvious age disparity. She should print out her statement from the WAEC site and support it with a scratch card. The statement does not carry the age and is acceptable.

Good luck

Hello everybody. Good to be back with testimony. God went before my family and it was a pleasant chat(not an interview). It was like the guy had made up his mind to give me, my wife and 2 kids our visa before he called us. God made him to be our friend and we were very relaxed.I have talked to some of my friends in the house on phone and they actually showed that they are my brothers/sisters from another mum. Funny enough, I've never seen Bammyrichie, Paulash, Petit, Godblesschuks etc but I feel them. You all have played a role in my life and I cannot aptly express my appreciation. The best I can do is to contribute to discussions in the house and point out possible pitfalls to my poeple.Dont ever go with foreign currency (dollars) because they seem to always pick one or two notes that are not acceptable. First interview is better than being rescheduled.For those who won as singles, better continue with your application as such. it is better to win and come back for him/her after 5 years than both of you losing out. For those who have already done this and sent the forms back, relax, God of possibilities will still do it. Not by might...
For Mosestaboo, if you are the principal applicant, they are not interested in your spouse's certificate. Infact, they wont collect it from you. Same happened to me.

Above all, commit it all into God's hands. He is able.

congrats to you and your family and thanks for the info.All the best

Congrats

We thank God for you and your family, So so happy for you!!! May God continue the great work He has started in the house!!! Thank you for coming to share the great testimony!!! You are blessed. Goodluck!!!!

Here's my suggestion: Go back to the customary court and present your case, maybe there could be a type of referral they could give u to the high court for an attestion or something. Also go to the High Court and ask what you could do since you already concluded your divorce process at the customary court...
And kindly come back to enlighten us on this thread to know
the way out in order to know how to approach this kind of question in the nearest future!!! Goodluck!!!

my wife is a dv 2010 winner.though this is my second marriage.i have already applied for visa at the us embassy in 2005 with my previous wife details'.my first marriage was a traditional marraige.we terminated it at a customary court in lagos in the month of sept 2005.and part of the dv 2010 requirements' is that one should provide a divorce decree from high court.what should i do?since customary court dont issue divorce decree.
thanx

Here's my suggestion: Go back to the customary court and present your case, maybe there could be a type of referral they could give u to the high court for an attestion or something. Also go to the High Court and ask what you could do since you already concluded your divorce process at the customary court...
And kindly come back to enlighten us on this thread to know
the way out in order to know how to approach this kind of question in the nearest future!!! Goodluck!!!

thanx

Thank God you were not the principal applicant.The focus is the main winner. I won for my family and they did not collect my wife's credentials from us. Since you have a certificate for the current marriage, that is what is needed. I hope your wife included your name in the initial lottery application. Please go with loads of wedding pictures.

However, if you are still not sure, get the confirmation from the court but PLEASE, dont submit it. Wait for the interviewer to raise the issue.

I can assure you that nothing like that will crop up.

Best wishes.

Thank you all for the congratulatory messages. For those who are yet to go for the interview, be rest assured that God has done it for you.

It is well.

Hello everyone, my case number is 2010AF00005****. Living in Nigeria, I got my NL in April 14 and sent it back before the end of April. Confirmed that my forms have been recieved, just waiting for the 2nd letter. I'm not sure when this is going to arrive. Do you advise I go on with the police certificate right away because i dont even know when am likely to be called upon for an interview?
Hello i can see you are online