• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi all.
I have a question. I have been waiting for my interview letter for months. i believe local office just forgot may case.i have and infopass soon. what should say so that i can get passed those idiots in the infopass ad talk to the IO that is doing my case. infopass guys are helpless. i have a confirmation that my case is in local office (that would be washington field office). i want to get attenion of senior officers. or would it help to make a scandal.
does anyone has experience with my office. please share.
i applied last year december and i think i have very reason to be worried.
and also congratulations for those who got their greencards.

Hello sogdian,

Sorry to hear that your interview letter is delayed. Take the infopass and try, as politely as possible, to ask the infopass person (I don't know what are they) to let you talk with a supervisor because your case is time sensitive and it is clear that you case is being treated as a standard AOS instead of a DV. If this infopass person does not help, don't push, instead schedule another infopass and try your luck until one helps. It's hard but you got to be patient and don't fight with them (it is a lost fight).

Best of luck!

Hello Olsson,

I-864 is not applicable for DV cases; sometimes they send a standard interview letter and thus they may indicate a I-864 instead of a I-134 form. Either way, bring your employment letter, pay stubs, w-2, etc to the interview.

I suggest that you also bring a I-134 and show it only if the IO requires it. If the IO asks for the I-864 then you can explain that you don't have a relative to sponsor an I-864.

Good luck!

Thank you for the suggestion One would just want to verify that in form I-134 I started with my own information " I ....my name ...residing..... and in section 3 where the form asks "This affidavit is excecuted on behalf of the following person" and I have my info there too. Let me know what do you think.

Hello new one,

Tomorrow is your great day! I will be sending good vibes for you and I am sure that everyone here will do the same. Everything will go great, trust your hard work and keep a friendly yet serious attitude. Get there early, dress formal and don't provide more information than asked (it is easy to get in trouble unnecessarily). You'll see that the Immigration Officers are way different than the guys at the infopass desks. They are professional, knowledgeable, and they know how to treat people.

Best of luck and don't forget to write your experience when you get a minute.

Thank you for the suggestion One would just want to verify that in form I-134 I started with my own information " I ....my name ...residing..... and in section 3 where the form asks "This affidavit is excecuted on behalf of the following person" and I have my info there too. Let me know what do you think.

Hello Olsson,

Are you going to self-sponsor your I-134? I understand that some people did that for other non-immigrant visas but I honestly don't know about it for AOS cases. Can someone else provide an input on this subject?

Hello Olsson,

Are you going to self-sponsor your I-134? I understand that some people did that for other non-immigrant visas but I honestly don't know about it for AOS cases. Can someone else provide an input on this subject?

That is the main confusion. Should I put my name or find someone for sponsorship, however I am providing my yearly income (above the poverty line) and pay stub during the interview. I need some help

That is the main confusion. Should I put my name or find someone for sponsorship, however I am providing my yearly income (above the poverty line) and pay stub during the interview. I need some help

Hello Olsson,

It is likely that the IO will not require an Affidavit of Support if you are providing proof of employment and a salary above the poverty line but, if the IO asks for an Affidavit of Support, then it is better to have it ready, otherwise it could delay your case. I would suggest that you find a sponsor for the I-134, the I-134 does not legally bind the sponsor to you as opposed to the I-864.

Hello Olsson,

It is likely that the IO will not require an Affidavit of Support if you are providing proof of employment and a salary above the poverty line but, if the IO asks for an Affidavit of Support, then it is better to have it ready, otherwise it could delay your case. I would suggest that you find a sponsor for the I-134, the I-134 does not legally bind the sponsor to you as opposed to the I-864.

Thank you

All MY best wishes to .........New one for your interview tommorow
God be with you .........to be a best day for you..........!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi fitness901,

Thank you for your good wishes and prayers.

I continue my prayers for your sister. She has my best wishes...

Hey capolive

i was not around to share your good news.............Wow nice and happy for you
Congrats to you and to your family............God be with you for your next road.................i
All my prayers to you join your family........Good luck​

Hey guys I was told to write my case # with pencil in all the pages I submit with the package.
Did i heard that right or , do u guys just mean to write with pencil only in the forms..

Hi Norkira,

I was expecting to see your unique colors.
When I saw the colors, I knew it was you.
Thank you for your nice words and good wishes.
By the way you were right about the new design.
But it does the job, that's what matters for me...

You and your family have my best wishes...

OMG, FINALLY. Congratulations capeolive, you truly deserve it. All the best with everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I was told to write my case # with pencil in all the pages I submit with the package.
Did i heard that right or , do u guys just mean to write with pencil only in the forms..

Hello Summet, write your case number with pencil in all pages of your forms.

Dear All,

I have my interview on June 23rd. I called KCC while ago to verify if my document has been transferreed to local USCIS office and the answer was no. They repeat the same line as they did before that is KCC will provide my info to USCIS only if they request. Now, should I mention this during my interview....

Hi Olsson,

Probably you won't be asked for an I-134, but it is still a possibility.

My advice is:

* Get I-134 from some other person, not yourself.

But, if you cannot find such a person:

* Better than going there empty handed; self sponsor yourself with an I-134 (It is likely that they won't accept it)

If worse comes to worst they will give you additional time to provide it.

Do what you can, do not stress yourself out and go to the interview with confidence...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Summet,

You can write it on top right corner of "everything" it won't hurt...

Hi Olsson,

If this is the case you can pass the interview but they cannot approve you.
They will have this information whether you tell them or not. There is something
"fishy" though. Somehow they might have the file. It just doesn't add up...

Dear All,

I have my interview on June 23rd. I called KCC while ago to verify if my document has been transferreed to local USCIS office and the answer was no. They repeat the same line as they did before that is KCC will provide my info to USCIS only if they request. Now, should I mention this during my interview....

Hi Olsson,

Probably you won't be asked for an I-134, but it is still a possibility.

My advice is:

* Get I-134 from some other person, not yourself.

But, if you cannot find such a person:

* Better than going there empty handed; self sponsor yourself with an I-134 (It is likely that they won't accept it)

If worse comes to worst they will give you additional time to provide it.

Do what you can, do not stress yourself out and go to the interview with confidence...

Thank you for your advice Capeolive, I asked my friend to fill out I-134 form.

Dear all,

I have my interview on June 23rd and I was asked to bring A complete Affidavit of Support, Form I-864, with all evidence. I am currently working as H1-B so, should I worry about form I-864 or an employment verification letter from my HR explaing my salary and time I have worked in the company(3 yrs) would work. Please advise. Thank you

Hi Olsson,

if you were asked to bring I -134, than it's better to get one.
I was asked to bring Employer letter or I-134,
but I prepared both. It's better to have them both.

I wish you all the best on Wednesday.
My prayers will be with you.
Good luck!!!

Hello new one,

Tomorrow is your great day! I will be sending good vibes for you and I am sure that everyone here will do the same. Everything will go great, trust your hard work and keep a friendly yet serious attitude. Get there early, dress formal and don't provide more information than asked (it is easy to get in trouble unnecessarily). You'll see that the Immigration Officers are way different than the guys at the infopass desks. They are professional, knowledgeable, and they know how to treat people.

Best of luck and don't forget to write your experience when you get a minute.

Hi i2009,

thank you for kind words and support.
I believe that IOs are professional and hope
I'll get one friendly and kind.
Thanks for advices.
Everything is ready.
Tonight I just want to rest myself.
And tomorrow I'll be positive and polite as always.
As soon as I come home I'll let you know my experience.