• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi everybody,
There is an update on my case:
As you know I have been trying to get KCC to transfer my DV case file
to my local USCIS office. The last email I sent them was in short as follows:

"SINCE I AM THE ONLY MEMBER OF MY FAMILY DOING AOS IN US, PLEASE
TRANSFER MY FILE TO USCIS PHILADELPHIA FOR FURTHER PROCESSING."

Recently they responded me with the following email:

"Thank you for your inquiry. The information you provided will be included in your
case file."

I'll call them tomorrow and find out if they did the transfer yet...

That's a good progress capeolive. Things should be ok now. We'll see tomorrow. Good luck!!!

Hey guys,

I got a text message on my phone today about my case update and I went online to see what it was about. It says card production ordered!!! :)

Congratulations!!! I'm happy for you. I can not wait I get it :D..........
You are almost at the end.....................

Hi gdh,
I think there might be a misunderstanding.
If you have pending AOS, these files are sent to
local USCIS offices upon request by local offices.

This is where it gets a little tricky. Technically, I don't have anything pending because my case is EB-3 and the dates are so behind, I never submitted an I-485 application. So basically, I stopped doing anything after I got my I-140 approved. However, on my I-140 approval, there is an A# and I assume there is an A file associated with it but I have no idea where that might be. Maybe I should just call Texas and see if they have it. If not, maybe they know where it is.

Please, clarify something:
At your interview who said you had a pending EB case?
Did IO say it or did you? It is important...

I don't know if A-files are created with the approval of I-140.
I-140 is a petition filed by employers on behalf of future employees.

If your file does not exist. How are they going to transfer it..?

I would wait at least 30 days to call. Before 30 days they usually
say you gotta wait more...

This is where it gets a little tricky. Technically, I don't have anything pending because my case is EB-3 and the dates are so behind, I never submitted an I-485 application. So basically, I stopped doing anything after I got my I-140 approved. However, on my I-140 approval, there is an A# and I assume there is an A file associated with it but I have no idea where that might be. Maybe I should just call Texas and see if they have it. If not, maybe they know where it is.

Yeah, that's what I want to do too just to make sure the files are being transferred. My IO said the file is at the National Center, not sure if that's the same as the Texas Center.

Hello gdh,

I suggest you take an InfoPass and inquiry where your EB case is located and then try to call them. I don't think it is in the National Benefits Center as the NBC is not applicable for EB cases.

In my case, I am pretty sure that my Local Office requested the EB file from the Texas Service Center but did not tell them why so Texas was not releasing my files as my priority date was not current and there were no reason for them to transfer my file. When I called and told them what was going on, the Officer that answered my phone call was surprised and said that he would take care of it and he did.

Good luck!

Hello gdh,

Sorry I forgot about your case, I don't think there is anything pending as you didn't file the AOS. There might be a A-File though as you do have an Alien Number. I think you should take an InfoPass and try to clarify your situation.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Please, clarify something:
At your interview who said you had a pending EB case?
Did IO say it or did you? It is important...

The IO asked me if I ever applied for permanent residency and then I told her about this case. Then she said that I must have an A file and she'll need to order it.

Hello everybody,

Update on my long going trying to get KCC
to send my DV case file to my local office:

I called KCC this morning, the same person
answered my phone call. This time instead of
asking my case number:
---He said "How can I help?"
---I said "I need some information on my case"
---He said "Just email your question, sir"
---I said "I sent emails, I want to learn if my case has been transferred yet"
---He said "The system is down I cannot see your file"
---I said "Can I call back later?"
---He said "Call back tomorrow"
---I said "OK"

I decided to wait one more day and call back tomorrow, despite everything.

If not I will initiate my "B" plan...

Hi All,
My case number is corrent in June 2010. Is it O.K. to do AOS. I had already sent the AOS Fee and DV Processing and I have the receipt. Now My Question is that When Can I Sent the I-485 Package to the Chicago. Can I sent it in April or may or not. Your suggestions are welcom. Thank you in Advance.

Hi All,
My case number is corrent in June 2010. Is it O.K. to do AOS. I had already sent the AOS Fee and DV Processing and I have the receipt. Now My Question is that When Can I Sent the I-485 Package to the Chicago. Can I sent it in April or may or not. Your suggestions are welcom. Thank you in Advance.
teamworks,
I think you can send 60 when you see your number in the cutoff, approximately 60 days advance. But let's just wait until someone confirms that.

Thank you very much Jasmin. Yes, I have seen some post that they sent the I-485 before thier numbers are current. But I will still wait for some more days and comments.

Hello gdh,
I suggest you take an InfoPass and inquiry where your EB case is located and then try to call them. I don't think it is in the National Benefits Center as the NBC is not applicable for EB cases.
In my case, I am pretty sure that my Local Office requested the EB file from the Texas Service Center but did not tell them why so Texas was not releasing my files as my priority date was not current and there were no reason for them to transfer my file. When I called and told them what was going on, the Officer that answered my phone call was surprised and said that he would take care of it and he did.
Good luck!

Thank you. I got an InfoPass for next Monday. I'll post what happens.

Thank you norkira,i2009,middle.com and everyone else for your support.
As many of you have told me, we received our third welcome letter and now we are officially set to receive our GCs.
I am so excited about this!