• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulations to those who have received Biometric and interview appointments. All the best to those with upcoming interviews. We look forward to reading your expriences?

Zapatos, any news?

Thanks for advice capeolive, but I filled out all over again:p just wonted to be 100% sure that everything is all right. I just sent my package and feel great and wait.
Thanks again for assisting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any news from i2009??? I beieve you are approaching the 30 days limit after interview...perhaps you should schedule an infopass or put a service request on your case (they can do this from the hotline number)...tell them that your timeline/limit is approaching...

Hello thomen,

No news on my end, not even a LUD, it's been 19 days since my interview. Thanks for your suggestion, I am planning on taking an InfoPass next week.

Thanks!

Thanks middle.com and capeolive,
As you guys told me, I booked an appointment in infopass for tomorrow.
But the nice thing is i received my biometrics appointment letter today. So I canceled the infopass appointment.
And one more thing. I had called the USCIS customer service regarding that as well and they did the service request on my case. Do I need to cancel that as well or they will take care of it?

Congratulations antar45,

I agree with middle.com, try to call the USCIS and cancel your service request or maybe you got your biometric appointment because of the service request.

Good luck!

Hello everybody. For those who were waiting for my interview experience there it is.
I had appointment yesterday at 8:30 am and I got there at 7:30 am. I was received at 8:45am. The officer was with a young lady who she told me will be part of the interview because she is on training.
She was the rudess woman I have ever met all my life that officer. She asked me to swear,....... Then she asked me originals of everything I have submitted and made a big deal about my the way my name was written in the French system, that it confusing. Anyway, she then asked me if I am working and I said "no" then she told me that I must have a sponsor that I had. I show her all the documents. Unfortunally, my sponsor filled his tax for this uear but it wasn't ready. He gave me the one from last year and the year before. He has an employment later but something showing that they took him for work last year and some pay checks. She was like: " what is that? where is the 2009 tax returns, the letter of the employer is not the way I would like it to be, I need the original of the green card of your sponsor and the copy and I give you up to 2:00 to bring me all the docs otherwise it is going to be a denial". So what I did, I can't tell you. I missed all my classes and have to collect all the documents she wanted. It was not easy. My sponsor has to leave work to complete everything for me. Then he joined me with all the original in front of the immigration at 1:50pm. As soon as he gave that to me, I ran inside and give my appointment letter to the receptionnist. Then the trainee ( the one who was being trained) came and asked me all the documents, originals and copies. She then compared and gave the originals back to me. She then went back inside I guess to show that to the officer. She came back 5 min later telling me that I can go home and that it is late to stamp my passport. So I asked her what is the final decision and she told me that the lady should be approving it because I brought evrything back in time. And that I already did my task and it should be to her to do hers. She asked me to wait 60 days for the decision by mail.
Then I left. Tired? yes I was, exshausted. You can't imagined what I went throught yesterday to complete those documents by the time she asked to. So now I did my part and I will let God do his. I know that I do not have no more power at this point. So let's see.

I wish you my best Zapatos..........i hope every thing going be okay.it is the matter of time...........

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello thomen,

No news on my end, not even a LUD, it's been 19 days since my interview. Thanks for your suggestion, I am planning on taking an InfoPass next week.

Thanks!

i2009, I think you had the same situation like mine and cm's. Did you call KCC to ask them to send your info to the USCIS office?
Making an infopass is a good idea but it will not guarantee a quicker process. If can, try to speak with a supervisor because the clerk there won't be able to help much.

I received my Green Card after 6 weeks. So you are still okay.

Hello everybody. For those who were waiting for my interview experience there it is.
I had appointment yesterday at 8:30 am and I got there at 7:30 am. I was received at 8:45am. The officer was with a young lady who she told me will be part of the interview because she is on training.
She was the rudess woman I have ever met all my life that officer. She asked me to swear,....... Then she asked me originals of everything I have submitted and made a big deal about my the way my name was written in the French system, that it confusing. Anyway, she then asked me if I am working and I said "no" then she told me that I must have a sponsor that I had. I show her all the documents. Unfortunally, my sponsor filled his tax for this uear but it wasn't ready. He gave me the one from last year and the year before. He has an employment later but something showing that they took him for work last year and some pay checks. She was like: " what is that? where is the 2009 tax returns, the letter of the employer is not the way I would like it to be, I need the original of the green card of your sponsor and the copy and I give you up to 2:00 to bring me all the docs otherwise it is going to be a denial". So what I did, I can't tell you. I missed all my classes and have to collect all the documents she wanted. It was not easy. My sponsor has to leave work to complete everything for me. Then he joined me with all the original in front of the immigration at 1:50pm. As soon as he gave that to me, I ran inside and give my appointment letter to the receptionnist. Then the trainee ( the one who was being trained) came and asked me all the documents, originals and copies. She then compared and gave the originals back to me. She then went back inside I guess to show that to the officer. She came back 5 min later telling me that I can go home and that it is late to stamp my passport. So I asked her what is the final decision and she told me that the lady should be approving it because I brought evrything back in time. And that I already did my task and it should be to her to do hers. She asked me to wait 60 days for the decision by mail.
Then I left. Tired? yes I was, exshausted. You can't imagined what I went throught yesterday to complete those documents by the time she asked to. So now I did my part and I will let God do his. I know that I do not have no more power at this point. So let's see.

What a shame! I'm so sorry to hear about the horrible treatment and experience you had to go through, especially since it's a DV case. Anyway, you did your part, let's let God do his. Will be here waiting with you!

Hello zapatos,

So sorry to hear your bad experience, well, at least is is over now and I am pretty sure they will approve your case because they don't have any reason not to. Just relax and wait, there is nothing else we can do at this point.

Best of luck, I hope you get the CPO message soon.

i2009, I think you had the same situation like mine and cm's. Did you call KCC to ask them to send your info to the USCIS office?
Making an infopass is a good idea but it will not guarantee a quicker process. If can, try to speak with a supervisor because the clerk there won't be able to help much.

I received my Green Card after 6 weeks. So you are still okay.

Hello drake,

Thanks for your suggestions. In my case it is not the file from the KCC that was missing but the file from another AOS (employment-based AOS). This file is in the Texas Service Center and has to be transferred to my local office. I am waiting till next week and then I'll try an InfoPass, I hope they will let me talk with a supervisor.

Thanks

Sorry to hear that Zapatos. That is really bad experience, but the good is that you did a great job...........so now you just have to wait.
Obviously we have to be prepare for things like that.
I am in NYC, too....so I'll try to collect some extra documentation.

I'm shocked to read all your experience! It's really awfull!!! Your officer was really rude!!! But I am glad that you managed to do everything she asked for! And I hope everything is gonna be good now!!! i I pritty shure you'll recieve good news soon! Good luck!!!!

I am an Eritrean who live in Egypt. I am the winner of DV 2010 lottery. I have worked in Egypt as a "Child Care worker" for about two years. When I filled the DS 230 and DS) 122 forms, I only stated my previous work experience in my country and I didn't mention my current work experience in Egypt. I omitted to state my current occupation and work experience. This because I was not sure to get a supporting letter from my employer.

I have an interview appointment in May 2010.

Can I rewrite or edit my work experience and send the new DS 230 and DSP 122 forms to the KCC. Or should I tell the omission to the consular officer in the embassy during my interview?

Will the consular officer consider this new information as a fraud because I didn't state in my DS 230 and DSP 122 forms ? or will she/he accept it to me?

Can I fill this information in the new DS 230, and DSP 122 forms which is supposed to be sent to the embassy.

What can I do during my interview? How can I now mention my current work experience and occupation?

Please help me

Hi Barya yesus,
just call KCC, or you can also send an email, but don't forget to provide your case number, full name and date of birth.
I did the same problem, and called them and they told me to send them a copy with work experience.
Good luck!

Bring everythign till 2 pm, otherwise you will be denied!!??!!Unbeliavable, what a terrible experience it must have been!! I am glad you were able to do all those in time. Dont worry, you will forget all about it soon....