• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey houslight75

My sister case is in Boston too.........how close do you think your interview is ? I know Boston center is one of the busest

Good luck

Hi fitess901,

These are some items from my cover letter I posted the whole thing on Friday.

4. Supplement A to form I-485 - Adjustment of Status under Section 245(i).
5. Personal check of $1,000 for Supplement A to form I-485 - USCIS Penalty Fee when filing under Section 245(i).
6. Evidence of Eligibility to file under section 245(i) - Application for a Labor Certification filed on or before April 30, 2001.
7. Evidence of Physical Presence in the US Before December 21, 2000 - As required under Section 245(i) - 5 pages.

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing. Every time you file
under section 245(i) you have to file Supplement A to form I-485 and
pay $1000 penalty fee and add your proofs etc.
If you check the instructions of I-485

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

on page 5 H. you can see that
Diversity Visa Lottery Winners file with Chicago Lockbox.
You can also see on page 6 and 7 who can file with
Dallas Lockbox and there no DV winners or 245(i)'s among them.
May be your sister's case is different but I doubt it.
You may have a language barrier but this is your sister's last chance.
My advice is:
1. Call the USCIS yourself or somebody who can understand the process well (not the lawyer you have)
do not tell them that you already filed, tell them your situation and ask them WHERE to file.
2. Do the same thing with a knowledgeable lawyer about DV applications (they are rare) Again do not tell the lawyer who you talk to
that you already have a lawyer just tell him/her your situation and ask WHERE to file.
If you don't understand the things I am trying to tell you because of lack of language or knowledge of
immigration process find somebody that can understand and translate it for you.
You may ask around in the forum about a good lawyer who has experienced with DV cases.
I am sorry if I offended you in any way, my intention is just to help you out.
I have been around for sometime and I have seen and heard a lot of people got deported
because of in capable lawyers. ( I am not talking about all the lawyers though )
That is all I have to say about this subject. Rest is your decision...

hello Capeolive

thanks for the respon
..........My sister has lawyer ...........i know chicago center prossed diversity visa application if you status is legal but
exceptions for 245(i) i belive it is texas . i can't attach the linke but if you sent me your email address i sent to you.the link i got............if you want you can goole it where to file A-485
.first we were wondring too .we talk with lot of lawyer , may be my sister case and yours is different , by the way why you need to pay penality.......you were out of stuts ? Any way it seems both work okay you got your NOAS she got her finiger print app.

Here i copy some part of it

USCIS is committed to improving customer service while strengthening the integrity of adjudicative processes. In conjunction with this goal, the Dallas District Office is conducting a Pilot Program designed to improve our ability to concurrently process two forms within 90 days of filing:
�� Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and
�� Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
Advantages of the Pilot
The Pilot Program offers many advantages to customers. Participating applicants will be able to:
�� Schedule an appointment through the Internet, using the InfoPass link at USCIS.gov, to file their application at a convenient time;
�� File their application in person at the Dallas District Office and, if their application packet is complete, have their interview on the same day;
�� Schedule an appointment by calling the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 to have their fingerprints captured; and
�� Receive their Permanent Resident Card within 90 days of filing, if their application is approved, and save money by not filing for employment authorization or travel documents.
Eligibility for the Pilot
Participation in the Pilot Program is entirely voluntary but it is limited to customers whose petitions and applications meet one or more of the following criteria:
�� Based on a family relationship with an immigrant visa currently available;
�� Diversity Visa Lottery winner; and

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations ayataf, I hope you get your cards soon...

Hi Guys,

I looked through the posts since last week and It seems like everyone is doing great, cases are moving. Congratulations to those who successfully passed their interviews.

Yesterday, I received a welcome letter, I am hoping my green card will be in this week.

This was a long, tiring, stomach upsetting but rewarding process after all. Thank God! and thank you to those who help each other making this process a lot easier. I have never felt alone, lost in the documentations during this time because I had the feeling that I could ask in this forum and will get an answer.

BIG THANK YOU

Hello mefua,

If you check peoples signature like myself there are some people
who are current in April already applied. I sent my AOS package
on February 8, I got my NOA's and Biometrics appointment.
Please add your signature after you send your package.
Make sure not to miss anything, do not hesitate to ask
if you have any questions.

Hello everyone,
this site has been so helpful.
I have a question though.
My case number will be current in April, as per the visa bulletin.
When can I submit my AOS application?

Wow! I can't keep up with reading about all the good news and I can only add to them. :) I'm not sure what's going on with the Orlando office but they're on a roll! Not that I'm complaining. :) We just got our interview letters today for March 31 at 7:30AM (talk about an early start). It was incredibly fast. The documents requested seems to be a generic list, no mention of any affidavit of support. My appointment is 7:30AM, my wife's is at 8:15AM. They both came in one envelope.

I have a couple questions:
  • Should I call KCC to see if my files have been requested/sent?
  • I have a pending EB3 case. Should I call Texas to see if my files have been requested/sent?
  • Where can I find the phone numbers to the above? :)

Hi gdh,

Congratulations on your interview letters.

*you can call KCC
*you can also call TSC(USCIS)
*USCIS number is used for TSC

You should call them may be 2 times.
For instance these days and if you can not get any
positive answer call them before the interview again.
But these calls only going to be for your information only.
In order for files to be sent to the Orlando Field Office they
have to request them. You can not initiate the action but you
can get information for yourself...

Wow! I can't keep up with reading about all the good news and I can only add to them. :) I'm not sure what's going on with the Orlando office but they're on a roll! Not that I'm complaining. :) We just got our interview letters today for March 31 at 7:30AM (talk about an early start). It was incredibly fast. The documents requested seems to be a generic list, no mention of any affidavit of support. My appointment is 7:30AM, my wife's is at 8:15AM. They both came in one envelope.

• I have a pending EB3 case. Should I call Texas to see if my files have been requested/sent?

Last edited by a moderator:
But these calls only going to be for your information only.
In order for files to be sent to the Orlando Field Office they
have to request ithem. You can not initiate the action but you
can get information for yourself...

Oh, I see. So I guess there's not much to do in order to speed up the process. Oh well, it's been quite speedy so far. :)

Thanks for your answer.

Hi all Anybody in the Los Angeles office?
as you can read below i did my BIO on the 22nd of december and still not even a sniff of the interview letter,I calculated from someone else on this forumn that i was due my letter in the middle of last month (feb) but nothing I did an info pass on the 17th feb and all i got told was my case is pending interview. can someone put me out my misery. anyone know anything about the wait times for LA any help is better than the bullshit you get when you go for the info pass!

06/08/2009 : NL from KCC
06/12/2009 : Sent DSP122(only)+barcode to KCC 05/12/2009 : Received 2nd letter from DOS
11/16/2009: AOS package delivered
12/22/2009: Biometrics appointment for 12/22 (done)
waiting for interview letter!!!!!!

The 500 character limit for the signature is killing me. :)

Congrats gdh. All the best for your interview. The signature is very limiting. Maybe you can see some of the signatures of those who already received their GC and figure out how to cut your short without leaving out essential info.:)

My congratulations!!! Good news!!! You have time to be ready for your interview, good luck!!!

as you can read below i did my BIO on the 22nd of december and still not even a sniff of the interview letter,I calculated from someone else on this forumn that i was due my letter in the middle of last month (feb) but nothing I did an info pass on the 17th feb and all i got told was my case is pending interview. can someone put me out my misery. anyone know anything about the wait times for LA any help is better than the bullshit you get when you go for the info pass!

06/08/2009 : NL from KCC
06/12/2009 : Sent DSP122(only)+barcode to KCC 05/12/2009 : Received 2nd letter from DOS
11/16/2009: AOS package delivered
12/22/2009: Biometrics appointment for 12/22 (done)
waiting for interview letter!!!!!!

Hi steve2010

I am from Orange County and I recall my lawyer mentioning its good I was not processing thru LA because their turn around time is much longer as they are very busy.

I suggest you keep calling USCIS and politely keep asking for the status of your case. Ask them to escalate you to a senior officer who may be in a better position to assist you.

I hope someone who has processed thru LA can share what their wait time was with you.

Hoping to hear good news from you soon!

Hello everyone,
this site has been so helpful.
I have a question though.
My case number will be current in April, as per the visa bulletin.
When can I submit my AOS application?

Hi mefua,

You should get your AOS packet ready. As soon as you have checked and rechecked all your documents to ensure everything is in order send out your packet. If you number is in the visa bulletin for April 2010 then you could have applied anytime since 5th Feb, 2010.

...We just got our interview letters today...

Congratulations gdh,

You can call KCC any time, they will tell you if your files have been requested. I too have a EB3 case, they didn't request my file for my interview so now I am waiting for the file to be sent from Texas to my Field Office. I doubt that calling the Texas Service Center will help. Actually, they need to send a FTR (File Transfer Request) in order to get your files moving.

Good luck!

Hello Steve,

I know how you feel, hang in there, your interview letter should arrive soon. These big field offices take some time to schedule the interviews. Best of luck to you.