• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

We just had our interview this morning and it went GREAT !!! but we did not get a decision yet :(

AND THE WAIT STARTS AGAIN !!!!:rolleyes:

Well congrats...you made it through.
Interesting to see that USCIS needed exactly 4 month for your case

Sister case.......
She is on deportation proceeding or Removal proceeding?
5/08/09 she got DV NL 2010AF9xxx
5/28/09 sent form DSP- 122 back to KCC
6/18/09 Got notice about process on AOS
9/30/09 Sent payement DOS to do AOS
11/12/09 got denal letter from BOIA again
11/13/09 she file to BOIA to reopen her case based on DV2010
12/31/09 she is Granted by BOIA , court IJ pursue their decision
2/2/10 sent her packages to Texas Form I- 485 and Supplements A, I- 245 with penality fee
2/15/10 got notice and money cashed

Sister case start moving .........exciting !!!

i2009,

Thank you for all your help. I do feel much better now.

I wish you luck with your interview on the 25th, I hope it all goes well . Since your KCC file is already at the feild office you should be able to get an instant positive decision !!!

Thanks Ice Man for your good wishes. Isn't it weird that the Officers take this long to schedule an interview and that they forget (or whatever happens) to request the DV case from the KCC? Anyway, I think that the KCC is very diligent so your file should be arriving soon. Best of luck!

Quick question,

Do translated documents have to be mailed to Chicago as copies or originals, ex. High School Diploma??? It seems like it's safer to keep the original (stamped) document for the interview and mail a copy of it....or just pay another $20 to translate it again. Any suggestions???

Quick question,

Do translated documents have to be mailed to Chicago as copies or originals, ex. High School Diploma??? It seems like it's safer to keep the original (stamped) document for the interview and mail a copy of it....or just pay another $20 to translate it again. Any suggestions???

Hello Norkira,

No document will be returned so they advice that you send photocopies whenever possible. You need to take the originals to the interview appointment. During the interview, you must provide a copy of any original document you wish returned.

Thanks I 2009 hope she will get Biometrics appointment...............i know it does not take long in chicago lockbox but Texas center.....
i really do not have any idea
I was little suprise her packages goes to Texas center instead of Chicago..........

I just checked my online case status and it has been changed back to "acceptance" from "initial review". is this possible? it was fine when i checked earlier this week. besides it has been three weeks and a day since i did my biometrics. i was actually looking forward to and interview letter.

We just had our interview this morning and it went GREAT !!! but we did not get a decision yet :(

We arrived 30 min before our interview time and they took us in 20 minutes later. The interview lasted about 10 min. The officer was very nice and professional.
We first took the oath and then he told us that he will not be approving or denying our case today because he still has to order our DV file from the KCC. He then proceeded to ask all the generic questions on the I-485's name, DOB, have you ever been convicted...........He asked us for our I-94 cards, passports, birth certificates, marriage lic. and DV selection letter. Thats it !!!

i2009, I also had an employment based I-485 pending. He did ask me " I assume that you will not be pursuing that case any longer, correct ? " i said yes offcourse. He did not make me sign anything that says that i am withdrawing that case.

At the end he said that everything looks good, he will request our file from the KCC and as soon as he gets it he will decide on the case. He did say that if nothing changes he has no reason to deny the case.

AND THE WAIT STARTS AGAIN !!!!:rolleyes:

Congratulations, Iceman. I'm sure everything will be alright. Just a formality, the IO will order your file soon if he hasn't already. It normally doesn't take long.

I just checked my online case status and it has been changed back to "acceptance" from "initial review". is this possible? it was fine when i checked earlier this week. besides it has been three weeks and a day since i did my biometrics. i was actually looking forward to and interview letter.

Don't worry, Online status changes like that. You just have to be patient waiting for th einterview letter. Some offices are faster than others, as you can see in different signatures in the thread.

I hope your case will go smoothly.
I have been looking at peoples experiences after biometrics. It seems like it is the most time-consuming and the most unpredictable stage in application processing.
I guess they follow the principle of "better be safe than sorry" when they conduct background checks, i.e. they seem to prefer being overly careful and slower with security clearances rather than being lenient and fast in order to reduce the chances of ill-intended people slipping through this process.

I hope your case will go smoothly.
I have been looking at peoples experiences after biometrics. It seems like it is the most time-consuming and the most unpredictable stage in application processing.
I guess they follow the principle of "better be safe than sorry" when they conduct background checks, i.e. they seem to prefer being overly careful and slower with security clearances rather than being lenient and fast in order to reduce the chances of ill-intended people slipping through this process.

Actually, the FBI is really efficient in running the fingerprint's (!!!fingerprint check is different from background check!!!) and returning the results to USCIS...you can call the FBI's info number and they will tell you when they return the fingerprint check to USCIS...

Congratulations Ice Man!!! I noticed you said "we," does that mean you and your spouse had the interview together? Is that always the case for married couples?

Congratulations Ice Man!!! I noticed you said "we," does that mean you and your spouse had the interview together? Is that always the case for married couples?

Hello gdh,

In my case, and I think in most cases, they send one letter for each applicant with a few minutes apart between appointments. It seems that the family group has the interview at the same time though.

It's odd that my wife's appointment is 30 minutes before mine, although I am the primary applicant. My daughter didn't get an appointment because she is younger than 14.

Thanks gdh,
Yes it is my wife and I. That is always the case with married couples. You will receive 2 interview letters for the same day 30 minutes but they will call you in together and go through all the I-485 questions with the main applicant then the spouse.

Congrats ICE MAN and all the others who's cases are progressing.

I'm pretty happy myself as I got the AOS fee receipt stamped back AND I finished my medicals. All I have to do now is make a copy of everything and send that baby off to Chicago.

Question, since my number is current in April, is it too early to ship the package now, in February??? Anyone had a bad experience by sending it this early??? Inputs are greatly appreciated :)

Congrats ICE MAN and all the others who's cases are progressing.

I'm pretty happy myself as I got the AOS fee receipt stamped back AND I finished my medicals. All I have to do now is make a copy of everything and send that baby off to Chicago.

Question, since my number is current in April, is it too early to ship the package now, in February??? Anyone had a bad experience by sending it this early??? Inputs are greatly appreciated :)

I think as long as your number is on the Bulletin, you are safe. But this decision is definitely up to you.