• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you Daima.
middle.com I did check it online, it is showing acceptance for i485 (also saying we send you a letter, prolly NOA), and "initial review" for work authorization.

Ice Man,

Good luck tomorrow in your interview. I hope everything goes perfectly for you. Please, let us know about your interview when you got a chance.

Best of luck!

Hi ,
I'd like to ask if someone could post a sample job offer. What shoud it contain? What needs to be stated in it? Also, it is ok if you have 2 part-time job offers?

Thank you very much.

I got my appointment for biometrics.
Ahad and gdh you'll also get it soon. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations middle.com and gdh!!!!
I got biometrics appointment for March 3rd today. I think this is one of the most critical parts of the application. I hope and pray that everyone's case will move smoothly into the next stage after biometrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello FF (Forum Friends :))

Would anyone be so kind and share their Enclosed AOS Checklist? It'd be nice to compare them with one another. I noticed some people in other forums even included their tax returns in the application they sent to Chicago...I personally don't think that's necessary, do you???

Thanks and good luck to all of you who are waiting. Just remember that that wait will be over soon...and it will be ALL worth it :)

Congratulations middle.com and gdh!!!!
I got biometrics appointment for March 3rd today. I think this is one of the most critical parts of the application. I hope and pray that everyone's case will move smoothly into the next stage after biometrics.

Congratulations to all of you, Ahad, gdh, and middle.com.

Hello FF (Forum Friends :))

Would anyone be so kind and share their Enclosed AOS Checklist? It'd be nice to compare them with one another. I noticed some people in other forums even included their tax returns in the application they sent to Chicago...I personally don't think that's necessary, do you???

Thanks and good luck to all of you who are waiting. Just remember that that wait will be over soon...and it will be ALL worth it :)

Personally, I didn't include the Tax returns, although I had them incase they asked, but they never did. Otherwise, I just followed what the I-485 instructions said and included everything they asked for i.e

1. Passport and Visa page
2. I-94
3. first NL
4.Copy of DOS Receipt (some say not necessary)
5. Copies of all the Diplomas
6. Copies of all I-20s
7. Employment letter
8. Medicals
9. Birth Certificate + Translation, which I did myself and signed a certification
10. MArriage Certificate (If applies)

Thanks Daima, looks like my package is very similar to yours...even though I haven't mailed it just yet...waiting for medical results and DOS receipt.
This is very helpful.
If others have to add/share more things, please do so.
Have a wonderful day everyone.

It isn't necessary to sent the tax returns but they for sure won't hurt you and might gain something for yo. Everybody can haveadded something different to make their case look better, which my friend also did. She even sent some bank statements in her AOS package....the more proof the better:)

we say don't hurt the eyes trying to decorate the eyebrows. send what is being asked, tax returns are not needed for dv filers nor is affidavit of support.

I have a feeling that sometimes it's better not too send more than they ask, too, only because that could raise more questions. Also the insecurity, do I have enough money on the bank, do I have too much...so maybe it's best to provide that information only if they ask for it. I am already including the letter from the employer claiming how much I make...even though makes me wonder, do I sing an Affidavit of Support for my husband??? It seems unnecessary but perhaps mandatory??? In that case, I'd be his sponsor.
In any case, after many reading and advices I've done, so far this is the AOS checklist I gathered that I think I'm going to mail:

ENCLOSED LIST FOR AOS IN THE CATEGORY OF DV LOTTERY

~ Diversity Visa Winner Notification Letter & Bar Code

~ Form I-485 – Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident

~ Form I-693 & I-693A??? Medical Examination & Vaccinations

~ Form G-325A – Biographic information

~ Two passport style photos

~ Check: Filing fee of $1010 (Money Order)

~ Receipt copy of paid Adjustment of Status fee to Department of State (2 x $375)

~ Copy of Birth Certificate

~ Certified Copy of Marriage Certificate

~ Proof of legal entry (copy of I-94 front & back; passport page w. nonimm. visa)

~ Proof of H1B status (copies of NOA, Visa, etc.)

~ Proof of Income - Letter from the Employer + copies of last 3 paystubs

~ High School Diploma, translated/certified

~ Official transcripts from all schools attended (OCC & MU)

~ Copy of SSN

~ Copy of Driver's License

~ Copy of Passport Biographical page

~ Copies of I-20s

~ Copies of Diplomas

~ Spouse Documents

~ Form I-485 – Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Resident

~ Form I-693 & I-693A??? Medical Examination & Vaccinations

~ Form G-325A – Biographic information

~ Two passport style photos

~ Check: Filing fee of $1010 (Money Order)

~ Copy of Birth Certificate

~ Proof of legal entry (copy of I-94 front and back, and stamp in passport)

~ Proof of H4 status (copies of NOA, Visa, etc.)

~ I-134 Affidavit of Support???

~ Copy of SSN

~ Copy of Driver's License

~ Copy of Passport Biographical page

~ Form I-765 – Application for Employment Authorization