• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

NOAs arrived yesterday, looking forward to biometrics notice.

cooldude06_78, thank you very much for your attempt to explain things in a positive way.

Something miraculous happened few hours after i posted my last message regarding LUD never changing etc. And it happened when i was least expecting...I got an e-mail (which i saw in the evening) for my case update that said "YOUR CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED". And the LUD changed from 12/17 to yesterday's date!! I couldnt believe it really..I dont know if it is coincidence or it has something to do with the USCIC customer service guy i talked on the phone yesterday..Although he wasnt much helpful, he was at least trying..i called couple of days ago too, and the other person on the phone was just reading me what i see on the USCIS website already. This guy seemed a bit more interested...Anyhow, it is probably just coincidence i dont know...Whatever it is, i dont care...I am so happy finally! Most probably my IO forgot about my case for about 2 weeks and just remembered yesterday (thanks god!).
So i should be getting my GC within a week :))) Thank you all for the support and suggestions..

Drake, i hope you the best..Hope your infopass goes real well...More importantly hope you get an update even before than...

Hi Ahad! I see things go well) My congratulations!!!
You, gdh and me are waiting for the biometrics now, so let's hope for the best!!! Good luck to you, guys!!!

Thank you middle.com, yes I think your, gdh's, and my case have about the same date, so let us hope for the best.

cm1979, I am glad that you are one step closer to the finish line.

Well, I guess at the end it all depends of the IO and how accurate he/she updates not only the offline records but also the online update...

I can understand how you might feel right now, waiting for the journey to come to an end already...but at least you are almost through...perhaps you should just make weekly infopass appintment and try to push your case over the finish line...

Hello thomen,

My case status LUDs has not moved since the fingerprints. I applied for I-485, EAD, and AP. None of the cases have LUDs even though the EAD and AP has been processed. EAD and AP are processed in the Benefits Center. Whatever the update procedure is, they forgot to do it in my cases.

NOAs arrived yesterday, looking forward to biometrics notice.

cooldude06_78, thank you very much for your attempt to explain things in a positive way.

Congratulations Ahad. You'll get the biometrics notice soon! Good luck!

Something miraculous happened few hours after i posted my last message regarding LUD never changing etc. And it happened when i was least expecting...I got an e-mail (which i saw in the evening) for my case update that said "YOUR CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED". And the LUD changed from 12/17 to yesterday's date!! I couldnt believe it really..I dont know if it is coincidence or it has something to do with the USCIC customer service guy i talked on the phone yesterday..Although he wasnt much helpful, he was at least trying..i called couple of days ago too, and the other person on the phone was just reading me what i see on the USCIS website already. This guy seemed a bit more interested...Anyhow, it is probably just coincidence i dont know...Whatever it is, i dont care...I am so happy finally! Most probably my IO forgot about my case for about 2 weeks and just remembered yesterday (thanks god!).
So i should be getting my GC within a week :))) Thank you all for the support and suggestions..

Drake, i hope you the best..Hope your infopass goes real well...More importantly hope you get an update even before than...

I was off a day and all these great news. Very happy for you cm1979!

Congratulations, your DV journey seems now really come to an end...

I was off a day and all these great news. Very happy for you cm1979!

hi i2009 I see you got your bio on th 11/25 and received interview for 02/25 nice i hope it goes great!!!! when did you actually receive you interview letter and where are you based. I am in los angeles and i did my bio on the 12/22 and Im still waiting for the interview letter

Normally not but if there is a warrant out for your arrest due to unpaid tickets...it can come up when a background check has been done..So pay them or wait and see if you risk something or not....

A parking ticket is normally not a big issue, but you are stating "tickets" so that is more than one and yesterday I saw a case on tv of some one with over $ 2600.- in unpaid tickets and there was a warrant for his arrest out, due to not showing up in court which makes it a different issue....

Btw by not paying you show you have no intent to keep to your responsibilities and that can make you look bad at the interview...why not pay them...

The cost will only go up...or do you want to be like Obama who only paid them before running for the presidency...:D

Hello everyone,

First of all, I have to thank you all for all the posts you've been posting. This forum has helped so many of us throughout the process. I greatly appreciate each and one of you.

I am in the process of getting my AOS package ready before shipping it to Chicago, and I needed an advise or two.
I am the primary winner of DV lottery and I'm currently working on H1B, while my husband is H4. My H1B status doesn't expire for another year and half, even though my visa did; and in order to travel, I have to always spend a lot of times in Embassies outside US.

My questions are:

1. Is it really necessary to file I-765, as well as I-131? It seems like if our process goes all smoothly, then our green cards would arrive shortly after it, allowing us to work and travel shortly after the interview. I understand they're free to apply if filed concurrently with I-485, but I just don't see the reason behind it. Am I missing something???

2. Since I already have a job, do I need to fill the Affidavit of Support for me, or will a letter from the employer will be sufficient? What about my dependent, should I fill out one for him, me being his sponsor???

Thank you so much in advance for helping me out with this matter. I have spent months reading through this forum, but at times I feel so tangled up in such questions and I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone :)

Congratulations Ahad. You'll get the biometrics notice soon! Good luck!

Thank you i2009,
The experience of trailblazers like you is a great help and source of courage and hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

CM, Im so happy for you. Now at least your card is coming. There's nothing on my case status so far. I am still waiting. I am going to the local office to check it out. Which customer service number did you call? Maybe I should call myself too to test my luck.
Now you can relax a bit.

Does anyone know if unpaid parking tickets (from a different sate) has sth to do with the AoS process?

The instructions explain that driving(parking) tickets are not considered public charge if they are under $500. I did not read anything specifically about unpaid ones. If your parking ticket is over $500 you must report it, if less (imo) not necessary. But in either case, I would highly encourage you to pay off those fees. I personally wouldn't jeopardize my GC case because of something so minuscule as parking tickets.

1. Is it really necessary to file I-765, as well as I-131? It seems like if our process goes all smoothly, then our green cards would arrive shortly after it, allowing us to work and travel shortly after the interview. I understand they're free to apply if filed concurrently with I-485, but I just don't see the reason behind it. Am I missing something???

2. Since I already have a job, do I need to fill the Affidavit of Support for me, or will a letter from the employer will be sufficient? What about my dependent, should I fill out one for him, me being his sponsor???

Thank you so much in advance for helping me out with this matter. I have spent months reading through this forum, but at times I feel so tangled up in such questions and I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Thanks again and good luck to everyone :)
1. I don't have to apply for work or travel authorization if you choose not to. They are optional.
2. Read the instructions for I485, affidavit of support is required for those who are petitioning aos based on employment or marriage.

Thanks for your reply Ahad.

I understand that the employment & travel authorizations are optional, but I don't understand why would people file them when the green card barely delays with a DV process. What's the point? Is it common for the green card to delay for months and months???