• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi CCS3840
Congratulation for your GC
I’m in Boston Also
Please could you give me some details about your interview\?

Thanks
houselight75

My field office is Boston, MA.

I don't doubt other people like "kakaco" may have had different experiences and I did notice that most of the people that post in the forum sends back the DSP-122+barcode and experience no problems.

However I added my experience for sogdian reference and maybe peace of mind. My second letter was just like the one he is describing where kcc thanked me for informing them of my intention to aos.

Hello CCS3840,

Congratulations your case was really quick considering that it was processed in a real busy Local Office. There are some people still waiting for their interview appointments in the Boston area.

Hi CCS3840
Congratulation for your GC
I’m in Boston Also
Please could you give me some details about your interview\?

Thanks
houselight75

Thanks houselight75 and i2009!

Let me give a little of information about our case. Both my spouse and I are here on H1B visas and we both have PhDs in engineering. Even tough we had a low number we were worried about time, especially about getting caught up in the background check (had a horrible experience when we applied for the H1Bs: we had to wait for lengthy security checks due to our engineering degrees). So we decided to get a lawyer to get things done as fast as possible on our end. The lawyer did mention that the two checks are different and that we shouldn't expect to have a problem.
I still checked this forum to have an idea of processing times and of other cases but I did not have to worry about the details of filling out the forms and preparing the application packages.

The main difference I saw between our case and the rest of the posts here is that we did not send back the DSP-122 to KCC. I am happy that it didn't cause any delays to us.

Now, answering the question about the interview. We received only one appointment letter with both of our names on it, so it was clear that it was going to be one interview together. The letter asked us to bring:
1) Photo IDs, passports, original birth certificates, marriage certificates,
2) EAD cards
3) Documents showing we live together: taxes filed together, lease, bank statement, etc.

We got to the JFK building about 20 minutes early and gave the letter to somebody in the USCIS office, were told to wait. We waited about 5-10 minutes and then the IO came out to get us. She was very nice and started the interview by asking us to swear to tell the truth. After that she told us that she had reviewed the case and that everything seems in order. She then asked us for the passports and checked them.
After that she asked to see the marriage certificate and some of the documents showing we live together. We gave her the joint 2008 tax declaration (she liked that we had the IRS transcript) and the lease. I was then going to proceed to give her previous leases, bank statements, and other things (we had brought EVERYTHING!) but she said that there was no need for it.

She then went over the I-485 application with me (primary applicant), confirming the names, dates of birth, etc and asking the entire yes/no questions. She then said I was approved and took my I-94 from my passport, asked for my EAD card and my AP. After that she repeated the same procedure with my spouse.
She then told us that as of now we were no longer on H1B and to notify our employers of our change of status. She told us to wait outside while she gave our case to another officer to review it, after that we would get a letter stating that we were approved, she also told us to expect the green card in about 2 weeks.
We waited outside and about 20-30 minutes later we were given an approval letter. Although the Boston office is busy everything was very smooth. I hope the rest of the people waiting get their interviews soon.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi guys, just wanted to ask a quick question: Do i have to have my name on the mail box for the GC delivery?
Thanks

Thank you CCS3840 for sharing your process. I think that I have a question for you: did your attorney follow up with your case after it was filed or did s/he only help in filling in the forms? The reason I ask is because I know that some attorneys have certain contacts that they can call so they can track and/or ensure that the case is moving.

Thanks!

Thanks houselight75 and i2009!

Let me give a little of information about our case. Both my spouse and I are here on H1B visas and we both have PhDs in engineering. .............

my congratulations CCS3840. i am glad that is was easy for you this time. and thank you for the info about your interview

Hi guys, just wanted to ask a quick question: Do i have to have my name on the mail box for the GC delivery?
Thanks

Nope. Just like you got all other notifications, the GC should also come in the mail. Check online if they mentioned they have mailed it to you.

Congrats to everyone on their progress. Those who got GC, those who finally got the interview letters, and good luck to those who are still waiting for any processing to go through.

Hi all. I didn't want to open a new thread for a question. I hope you don't mind.
I had done my medical exam wednesday and i got the results today. At the vaccinations part they put "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above. "
Is this normal or is it supposed to be " Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met. "

Nope. Just like you got all other notifications, the GC should also come in the mail. Check online if they mentioned they have mailed it to you.

It says , "On January 8, 2010, we ordered production of your new card". Will they specifically say " your card is mailed on ..... day " ?

Hi all. I didn't want to open a new thread for a question. I hope you don't mind.
I had done my medical exam wednesday and i got the results today. At the vaccinations part they put "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above. "
Is this normal or is it supposed to be " Vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met. "

i am not answering your question but i have a question of mine. weren't you supposed to receive your results in a closed/stamped package and not open them???
btw when i had my vaccination my doctor said there that there are two mandatory vaccinations required by uscis. may be you may have got them before.anyways make sure.

i am not answering your question but i have a question of mine. weren't you supposed to receive your results in a closed/stamped package and not open them???
btw when i had my vaccination my doctor said there that there are two mandatory vaccinations required by uscis. may be you may have got them before.anyways make sure.

ok. I didn't open the sealed one. They gave me one sealed result. I didn't open it. Second one is my copy. and I got two shot one for mmr and the other one is tetenose. and i also have vh which means i already had my chicken pox. so i don't need a shot for that. my td skin test was negative so i don't need x-ray. but, i don't understand you wrote all that thing instead mine is written same as yours. you are ok or mine is written "vaccine history complete for each vaccine, all requirements met" You could just say you are ok. there is no problem with your report or you may have problem.

i need to ask again to who got their medical exam done and got their copy. On your copy (not the sealed one). What is written at the vaccination part?

Mine is written " "Applicant may be eligible for blanket waiver(s) as indicated above."

am I in a kind of trouble or is this ok? i just wanna know what is written in your copy of medical exam at the vaccination part.