• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

People usually do the CP option with very high numbers. If you want to go for AOS, if you look at the last year's visa bulletins, all numbers became current in sep 2009, but this was mentioned in the Aug 2009 bulletin. So if that be the case, you could apply by 1st of Aug 2010 (if the bulletin in Aug 2010 shows all numbers current in Sep). Just make sure all your paperwork is complete and you are not missing anything that could be asked for at the interview.

Thanks CoolDude for your answer.
You have a point, since last year's my number became current in August, I am wondering if doing AOS is the smartest way since it leaves USCIS about 60 days to process my case...
Now, I am just thinking about switching to CP and maybe my chances to get a second letter might be higher?
Also, something that KCC seems to refuse to answer is when they send this second letter via CP? Do they also refer to the Visa Bulletin or is it just in order it was received?
If you have any input on that, I'd like to know!!!
Thanks again

preparation of documents for interview

As I am on F1 visa, I am a little bit confused for what to bring as documents from school which could be asked at the interview.On my interview letter, it does say anything.Your guys like Gatorchess,Simple man,Cooldude who also are on F1 and who already got the GC, what document from school did you bring to the interview ? (official grade transcripts ? I-20 ? certificate of enrollment from school ? other ? )

thanks for giving advice

People how many pictures should be sent?
I-485 asks for 2
I-765 asks for 2...

Should I send 2 photos or 4 photos?

Thanks Cooldude, I see you are also on F1, I have a question: did you have your transcripts from school with you for the interview ? and did the officer ask them ?

Hi happy,

I was not asked to bring anything in the interview letter other than the usual: the interview letter itself, Passport, state ID, I-20, evidence of high school education, with the only thing not usual being an affidavit from employer attesting to my experience being equal to at least 2 years experience ...

Although when i prepared my documents i took extra items. Here is how i organized.

1) DV related docs i.e. NL1 and NL2 from KCC along with the proof of payment.
2) Birth certificate, Passport, I-20, I-94, official transcripts, certification of current enrollment (from registrar's office) [I actually took all my expired passport too since i came to the US as they had the first F1 visa issued to me to show i entered legally.]
3) Educational degrees: High school, B.S, M.S
4) Evidence of financial support: I-20 (first page mentioning assistant ship offered at the university), employer letter verifying pay and time i have been working and occupation (i got it from my department), five most recent bank statements and my resume.

I also had in addition to that police report from my county along with police reports from overseas (just in case).

I also had the I-134 forms signed with all the proofs required in case I needed it. (It included bank statements of sponsor for one year, his GC and DL copy, tax returns for 3 years, and a letter from the bank showing opening date of account and stuff)

I am sorry if i overwhelmed you ... but i was planning on taking no chance :) and thank God, it was easy as i was not asked to show anything except the ID, passport and I-94.

Good luck on your interview.

Thanks CoolDude for your answer.
You have a point, since last year's my number became current in August, I am wondering if doing AOS is the smartest way since it leaves USCIS about 60 days to process my case...
Now, I am just thinking about switching to CP and maybe my chances to get a second letter might be higher?
Also, something that KCC seems to refuse to answer is when they send this second letter via CP? Do they also refer to the Visa Bulletin or is it just in order it was received?
If you have any input on that, I'd like to know!!!
Thanks again

I think CP will be less riskier in your case. I do not have knowledge of how the KCC gives interview slots for CP. Maybe somebody else can share their knowledge on this issue, although i don't think it has anything to do with the visa bulletin.

I received the same advise as you did from my local USCIS office and also from my lawyer. So, I did the same as you: sent my payment to the DOS but did not send any other forms.
After sending the payment I did receive the second NL from KCC acknowledging that I opted for AOS, so I didn't worry about it anymore. If you also received the second letter then I wouldn't expect any problems or delays.

I already had the interview last week and received the welcome letter and the CPO for the green card (I will update my signature later), so based on my experience you should be fine.

well i did recieve a letter from kcc on 11/27/09. it thanked me for informing them of my intention to aos (i had sent the visa fee 11/19/09). the rest of the letter explained how i should continue with the process blah blah blah. my question is "is this my second letter?"

well i did recieve a letter from kcc on 11/27/09. it thanked me for informing them of my intention to aos (i had sent the visa fee 11/19/09). the rest of the letter explained how i should continue with the process blah blah blah. my question is "is this my second letter?"

That is the second letter. The first letter is the one which informed that you are a winner of the DV lottery.

I received the same advise as you did from my local USCIS office and also from my lawyer. So, I did the same as you: sent my payment to the DOS but did not send any other forms.
After sending the payment I did receive the second NL from KCC acknowledging that I opted for AOS, so I didn't worry about it anymore. If you also received the second letter then I wouldn't expect any problems or delays.

I already had the interview last week and received the welcome letter and the CPO for the green card (I will update my signature later), so based on my experience you should be fine.

Can you please mention which field office was yours? "kakaco" who got his GC for the DV 2009 had a terrible time for not filing those papers. His field office was Albany, NYC. You may read his posts in the DV 2009 AOS forum.

hey i am just curious; what does your signature say about the continent? is it FL? what region is that? i never heard of it.
yes there is one person from nyc who has already done with the interview, his name is june620. but i am still waiting too for the interview letter.

That was a mistake itls AF. and thanks for your answer. Yea now it's the wait time

My field office is Boston, MA.

I don't doubt other people like "kakaco" may have had different experiences and I did notice that most of the people that post in the forum sends back the DSP-122+barcode and experience no problems.

However I added my experience for sogdian reference and maybe peace of mind. My second letter was just like the one he is describing where kcc thanked me for informing them of my intention to aos.

Hi happy,

I was not asked to bring anything in the interview letter other than the usual: the interview letter itself, Passport, state ID, I-20, evidence of high school education, with the only thing not usual being an affidavit from employer attesting to my experience being equal to at least 2 years experience ...

Although when i prepared my documents i took extra items. Here is how i organized.

1) DV related docs i.e. NL1 and NL2 from KCC along with the proof of payment.
2) Birth certificate, Passport, I-20, I-94, official transcripts, certification of current enrollment (from registrar's office) [I actually took all my expired passport too since i came to the US as they had the first F1 visa issued to me to show i entered legally.]
3) Educational degrees: High school, B.S, M.S
4) Evidence of financial support: I-20 (first page mentioning assistant ship offered at the university), employer letter verifying pay and time i have been working and occupation (i got it from my department), five most recent bank statements and my resume.

I also had in addition to that police report from my county along with police reports from overseas (just in case).

I also had the I-134 forms signed with all the proofs required in case I needed it. (It included bank statements of sponsor for one year, his GC and DL copy, tax returns for 3 years, and a letter from the bank showing opening date of account and stuff)

I am sorry if i overwhelmed you ... but i was planning on taking no chance :) and thank God, it was easy as i was not asked to show anything except the ID, passport and I-94.

Good luck on your interview.

Cooldude, Thank you very much for taking time with your deep and complete answer to my question. I see that you were more than overloaded about the documents.It really shows that you were more than prepared, which is very good.I am trying to follow your path...
Thanks again.

Cooldude, Thank you very much for taking time with your deep and complete answer to my question. I see that you were more than overloaded about the documents.It really shows that you were more than prepared, which is very good.I am trying to follow your path...
Thanks again.

you are welcome happy.

Thanks to CCS3840 for the update on the field office. Its true sometimes things go your way ... other times they just don't. So better to make sure the ball is in your court rather than the other side.

I think CP will be less riskier in your case. I do not have knowledge of how the KCC gives interview slots for CP. Maybe somebody else can share their knowledge on this issue, although i don't think it has anything to do with the visa bulletin.

I started a new thread dedicated to high case number... Hopefully there will be few cases of high case number doing CP and that have already received the interview letter!
It's really hard to have an idea because the great majority of the people posting are the ones with low case numbers almost all already current!

Boston Interview experiance

Hi CCS3840
Congratulation for your GC
I’m in Boston Also
Please could you give me some details about your interview\?

Thanks
houselight75