• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Biometrics completed

Hello Yaku,

Sorry to hear about your address issue. Amazing that they commit these kind of mistakes.

I would suggest to take an InfoPass and see if they can take your biometrics during your wife's appointment.

I have heard a lot exactly what you said about calling the USCIS and that they don't give more information than what you can see online.

Good luck

My wife was scheduled for biometrics today 11am and I went earlier to the local office (w/InfoPass) to check what happened with my biometrics appointment (it never arrived). The officer just verified in the system and re-printed my appointment which was for TODAY @ 12pm !!.
Thanks one million times i2009.!!!

For everyone who have good reason to think that his appointment is lost in the mail..... InfoPass.!!

If I remember well the person did CP...if he was alreeady in this country and did AOS, I assume his English would have been okay.

Does Chicago denies you or the immigration office near you at the day of interview because as far as i have seen all the application that are sent to chicago are sent for fingerprinting...now im confuse do they transfer your case to your local office or do they still keep it...i did the fingerprinting but now i don;t know where my files are....i am waiting for an interview but is not coming...so so so confused!:(:(

i am wondering for those who got the interview letter already.
What is the status of the USCIS website?
Since i have done my biometric last Thursday but the I-765 got approved
but my I-485 are still in acceptance without any move...

Can anyone share the experience? Should i do info pass at NYC??

I received the interview letter. For I-485 it says "Acceptance", for I-765 it says "Initial review". It said that even before i did my biometrics yesterday. After the biometrics yesterday, the date of the "Last Update" was changed for both applications to yesterdays date. Interesting to see if somebody had a different experience on the USCIS website!

I received the interview letter. For I-485 it says "Acceptance", for I-765 it says "Initial review". It said that even before i did my biometrics yesterday. After the biometrics yesterday, the date of the "Last Update" was changed for both applications to yesterdays date. Interesting to see if somebody had a different experience on the USCIS website!

My last update date was updated after the biometrics was done.
I was wondering which local USCIS office will handle your case....
Thank you for your reply

My wife was scheduled for biometrics today 11am and I went earlier to the local office (w/InfoPass) to check what happened with my biometrics appointment (it never arrived). The officer just verified in the system and re-printed my appointment which was for TODAY @ 12pm !!.
Thanks one million times i2009.!!!

For everyone who have good reason to think that his appointment is lost in the mail..... InfoPass.!!

You're welcome Yaku. I am glad to hear that you could get your biometrics done. Good luck with the rest of your process!

Does Chicago denies you or the immigration office near you at the day of interview because as far as i have seen all the application that are sent to chicago are sent for fingerprinting...now im confuse do they transfer your case to your local office or do they still keep it...i did the fingerprinting but now i don;t know where my files are....i am waiting for an interview but is not coming...so so so confused!:(:(

Hello linda,

I understand that the interview is schedule by the field office and not by Chicago. I can imagine how stressed you are because of the interview appointment. My field office is Philadelphia and it is another busy office so I am getting ready for the long wait. It is not easy.

I hope that you get your interview appointment soon.

Good luck!!!!!

We did our Biometrics on Friday, Nov 6th and we received our Interview letters, but last update on the USCIS site is 10/19! Nothing has changed, it's been like that ever since I signed up for updates. So I'm not even relying on that.

Need expert AOS advice.
This is for my Girlfriend.

She is a freshman in college.

Let's say she enters DV-2011 lottery. (She meets all the qualifications)

Two possibilities.

She ends up not winning the lottery. End of story.

She ends up winning the lottery.

Now let's say she gets a low Case Number. Then she will go ahead and apply for the Immigrant Visa.

Now if she gets a high Case Number, she is not going to apply.

I wanna know if she is putting her F1 status at risk just by winning the lottery(but not filing for an IV)?

And what about going home on summer breaks? Will that be risky if she had won the lottery?

Basically, should she take the risk of entering the lottery? The benefits are better Financial Aid, better job opportunities after graduating. The downside is risking her F1 status.

She is going to get a GC anyway, but there is quite some time before I become a citizen.

Thank you.

Hello linda,

I understand that the interview is schedule by the field office and not by Chicago. I can imagine how stressed you are because of the interview appointment. My field office is Philadelphia and it is another busy office so I am getting ready for the long wait. It is not easy.

I hope that you get your interview appointment soon.

Good luck!!!!!

I don't understand what is the role of chicago...is it the office which decides you are approved or not?

Today my family in my country received the 2nd letter from Kentucky....Is it rare that they sent it there instead of sending the paper here ....?

I don't understand what is the role of chicago...is it the office which decides you are approved or not?

I think that Chicago checks if all your papers are filled out and everything USCIS will need is in the package. They might check if you eligible by country, or maybe some other eligibility thing, but if they have checked that all your papers are ready they will forward it to the field office and at the interview you will either pass or be denied.

Maybe Chicago only checks the papers, because if the check to much and you wouldn't be eligible by country, they won't be able to receive your money and maybe you are eligible due to another country which they can figure out during the interview...and the $ 1010.- is better for them to recieve than to reject if you know what I'm saying...but they need to check if all papers are send in.

Does any one know if you can just walk in for your biometrics? What if your appointment isn't a convenient date and time for you...

Hello linda,

There is a document for the I-485 Standard Operating Procedure here. I wasn't able to find a newer version of the SOP but it still gives me an idea of the throughout procedure.

It seems to me that the Chicago Lockbox acts as the mailroom and is in charge of the following steps:
1. Opening Mail
2. Setting up Mail
3. Reviewing for Eligibility/Penalty Fee
- Reviewing for Correct Fee
- Reviewing for 245(i) Penalty Fee
- Reviewing for Proper Signature
- Reviewing for Appropriate Basis for Eligibility
- Reviewing for Visa Availability
- Reviewing for Jurisdiction
4. Opening the I-693
5. Reviewing the I-765 and I-131
6. Preparing the File for Data Entry
7. Identifying Expedites

Then, they send the packages to the Field Office for their final processing and interview.

Again, this is what I understand from reading that document dated on 2001 and might not be current now.

I would suggest that you call the USCIS and, if they don't give you a good answer, then schedule an infopass. The DV cases are supposed to be expedited, maybe an infopass helps to move your case.

Best of luck to you!

We did our Biometrics on Friday, Nov 6th and we received our Interview letters, but last update on the USCIS site is 10/19! Nothing has changed, it's been like that ever since I signed up for updates. So I'm not even relying on that.

Oh i see. I am wonder which local USCIS office arrange your interview

Hi linda555,

My original application for DV was in Germany.
We actually through the agency, they applied for us every year.
We paid little fee. Even though we put our current U. S.ddress, first package arrived in Germany and second letter also arrived in Germany.
The agency sent the first package to us and they scan the NL2 and sent us by email. Since you don't have to use original copy for AOS, we print it out and included it to our AOS package.

Today my family in my country received the 2nd letter from Kentucky....Is it rare that they sent it there instead of sending the paper here ....?

Hi June620,

How do you know that I765 was approved?

I have done my biometrics and I checked my status in USCIS website.
I saw the last update was changed like 11/06/2009 ( I took biometrics on 11/05/2009)

Please let me know where to check this status. Thanks.

My I765 was approved right after the biometric appointment and
My I131 was approved a week after i file.

But i am still waiting for mt interview.