• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

No that's not true. In the moment that kentucky Recieves his application they do not contact him anymore. He just have to send what he has to chicago and he will be fine. I don't know how true this is ...i read this in the 2009 aos topic.

I believe Linda is right.

Hello hek123,

You should answer "NO" to that question unless, of course, you had had applied for another AOS before.

I was just not sure about would they consider this rejection as an application?
i believe not though.

Hi Hek123,

Someone suggest you about cover letter. I don't think cover letter was the problem. When I send my package, I didn't mension anything that we are winner. we just listed what we actually attached.

" Dear sir/madam,
we send our application for adjustment of status according to the package we received from UCSIC Tucson office. The package includes the following attachements.
- copy of the cover letter
- copy of case number, confirmation letter of adjustment of status from KCC, Notification letter of DV-2010 winner from KCC, DV fee receipt from DOS.
-Marriage certification
- 2 photos, checks, I-693 sealed
- I-485, I-485 supplement,G-325 and supporting documents for me and my husband
- I-765 for me and my husband

Ours was something like that.
In my opinion, naybe only one thing you did differenly then others in this forum is that you didn't send NL2. I suggest to receive NL2 and send NL1, NL2, Barcode, DV fee, all four of them.

You said you will send all package from KCC, I think it doesn't make sense to do so.

When we sent our package first time, we didn't do anything. We just filled out I485 that is what Tucson USCIS suggested to us. Of course it was rejected and returned. We found this forum and we found out that we need to send DS-122 and barcode to KCC and DV-fee to DOS. After that, we received NL2 which is mensioned "KCC is not doing anything and trasfer your case to USCIS". We thought we need this letter before send our package to Chicago otherwise they won't reconize the dv-winner. Honestly, I dont' know whether it is really true or not, just my guessing based on the NL2.

Since you send barcode and DS-122 to KCC, then wait until you receive NL2 and and submit your package to Chicago. I guess, NL2 takes two weeks around.

According to your question, say "No". Your case was not really filed. They stamped on it but it means they received it, doesn't mean it was processed. When I got two times rejection, we said "no". Tucson UCSIC officer also told us to say "No".

Good luck.

I did not receive NL2 from kcc yet, at the time of application i just added the barcode sheet. Right noew i have the DV fee receipt, NL1, only. Do you think i should wait for the NL2.

So you are saying that just use the documents that they sent back to me , put them in order , add additional documents, adjust the I-485, do not add a copy of the refected NOA and send it back to them.

In this case, what should i answer to this question on th form i 485
Q: Have you ever been applied for permanent resident status in the US.
A: yes or no ? if yes ( give date and place of filing and final disposition)

Thanks

No that's not true. In the moment that kentucky Recieves his application they do not contact him anymore. He just have to send what he has to chicago and he will be fine. I don't know how true this is ...i read this in the 2009 aos topic.
Linda,

Anyone of us who submitted the application to Chicago, did so after receiving NL2 from KCC. One can not submit AOS package without the 2nd letter from the DOS acknowledging his/her willingness to do AOS. Why are you confusing hek?

Hek, contact KCC and ask them for your NL2 IF YOU REALLY HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE.

Linda,

Anyone of us who submitted the application to Chicago, did so after receiving NL2 from KCC. One can not submit AOS package without the 2nd letter from the DOS acknowledging his/her willingness to do AOS. Why are you confusing hek?

Hek, contact KCC and ask them for your NL2 IF YOU REALLY HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE.

I sent my package ] to Chicago without the NL2 from KCC or the payment to dos and i got aproved! So....?

I am not trying to confuse him.... or any of you I am trying to help you guys as you helped me. ANyways

Good luck.

The more proof you have the better...If you have the receipt for paying to do AOS, than incl. it in the package.

Make a nice cover letter stating what is in your package and the best thing is to write on every single paper your case number and on the enveloppe.

All this info came actually from previous winners...I even copied for my friend (she doesn't have much time being in Colllege doing a double major) a cover letter that some one had put on this forum a while back.... and he had it from some one else, so Chicago probably is used to that cover letter ...:D:D:D

My understanding of the case is that the officials got confused. They might have thought that it was a regular case instead of DV lottery case.
Writing case no on each of your documents is not necessary because I did not do that at all. But it might still help.
I also think that as long as you don't have any mistakes in you form you should be able to submit the same form. Make sure you go through your forms and check for errors.
Just my thought.

I agree with simple man that it could have been a misunderstanding and that's why I like Bentlebee's idea of submitting a cover letter and writing the case number in every page of the form so there are less chances of misunderstandings.

As Bentlebee, I also read in previous years posts that it is common to submit the package with a Cover Letter and writing the case number in the I-485 form so that's what I did.

I don't know about the NL2 but I thought that it was not required. I heard that there were people that did not receive the NL2 at all and their cases were approved.

Even the civil surgeon stated clearly that you nevr want to submit any paper on which something is crossed out and written over...just through out the paper to avoid confusion and to come across as a person who knows what they are doing, even if it takes you 3 or 4 form to do so...

The civil surgeon printed my friends paper and she had made a small error and through it out, than she had the same thing as others have had on a different form, when you fill out a date and it does show up but unreadable...she again through the paper away and did it all over and again stating how errors can delay a case and she clearly stated papers that aren't filled out in a neat way can cause delays, confusion and can give them a different look on a person than when they receive a package that is completed in a neat way....to me it made sense and we were glad she gave that advise.

Hello Daima,

Have you done your biometrics? Where you able to get both biometrics today? I hope so.

Hi Hek,
sorry about what happened. It looks like it wasn't clear that your package was an AOS case. I also suggest you write a cover letter stating you are a DV winner along with your case number, then list all the supporting documents. We didn't write the case number on each page neither we included the second NL, so I can't say if it's necessary or not. But I don't think it will hurt if you do.

Good luck and don't worry, it's just a small delay.

Update: Biometrics completed.

Hi guys,
We are on our way back home from taking our Biometrics. We got there an hour before time and they took our Biometrics without a problem. It was two ladies who were very nice, they even wondered why we got two notices, so they stapled them and put a stamp of completion.

The lady who took my fingerprints said something very interesting, that we could've done our fingerprints on the interview day because it only takes 30 min for them to know if they are good or not, and that would've saved us another 3 hr drive.

Anyway, now we are just waiting for the interview.

Good luck to every1, you guys rock!

Thanks for the replies a thousand times, I felt really bad when i got the notice. Thank God that I am in this forum and I know you guys. Thanks again.

I just called KCC and they said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for NL2 to process. I do not have chance to wait for NL2 anyway. What i am going to do is the following:

1. Prepare a cover letter stating that i am a DV winner and so on.
2. Prepare a new i 485 and mark option h) " dv 2010 winner case # ......"
3. I ll include a copy of the DV receipt and NL1 and the barcode
4. i ll make a copy of the original required documents again, write a new check, prepare a new application

And send them to USCIS.

I think it would be better if i prepare a new application. Bcs the NOA says rejected, it doesn't say additional info required. And all of documents has stamp on it. I do not want the next officer to get confused and reject again.

What do u guys say to this ? Do you think its Ok?

Thanks for the replies a thousand times, I felt really bad when i got the notice. Thank God that I am in this forum and I know you guys. Thanks again.

I just called KCC and they said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for NL2 to process. I do not have chance to wait for NL2 anyway. What i am going to do is the following:

1. Prepare a cover letter stating that i am a DV winner and so on.
2. Prepare a new i 485 and mark option h) " dv 2010 winner case # ......"
3. I ll include a copy of the DV receipt and NL1 and the barcode
4. i ll make a copy of the original required documents again, write a new check, prepare a new application

And send them to USCIS.

I think it would be better if i prepare a new application. Bcs the NOA says rejected, it doesn't say additional info required. And all of documents has stamp on it. I do not want the next officer to get confused and reject again.

What do u guys say to this ? Do you think its Ok?

Hello hek,

I think that what you are going to do is correct. I hope everything goes well from now on with your application.

Best of luck!

Update: Biometrics completed.

Hi guys,
We are on our way back home from taking our Biometrics. We got there an hour before time and they took our Biometrics without a problem. It was two ladies who were very nice, they even wonders why we got two notices, so they stapled them and put a stamp of completion.

The lady who took my fingerprints said something very interesting, that we could've done our fingerprints on the interview day because it only takes 30 min for them to know if they are good or not, and that would've saved us another 3 hr drive.

Anyway, now we are just waiting for the interview.

Good luck to every1, you guys rock!

Way to go! now the not so long wait for your interview. All the best!

hek123, I think you are doing a great job and don't get frustrated:)

Don't forget your medical sealed enveloppe!:)

Good Luck and keep all of us posted on the rest of your journey!

hek123, I think you are doing a great job and don't get frustrated:)

Don't forget your medical sealed enveloppe!:)

Good Luck and keep all of us posted on the rest of your journey!

I ll make sure that i wont forget anything this time:)

Thank you so much. I hope to give u guys good news soon :)

This is my first entry in this blog. i m a dv lottery winner from asia with cn 126**. I submitted my initial forms to KCC and received a letter from KCC few days ago. I wonder if this is the second letter you guys are talking about or not? Or it is anything other coz my case is not current yet.
Let me say what does the letter say:
Thank You for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with department of Homeland security..............................................................................................
And at last it says:
Please do not contact the KCC regarding your case or that of your family. The KCC has now completed its processing of your case, any further inquiries should be addressed to the USCIS.
Guys please read the 2nd NL as you said n inform me if u got the same as mine or different.
and i got the question , since i got this letter can i go ahead n file for aos or i need to wait until my case gets current. thnks yall.....kip ur fingers crossed for that magic card!!!!