• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi all. I have some bad news on my side.

I just received a mail that has my application in it with the NOA.

My application was rejected for the following reason:

it says that:

Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of this notice.

The following documents may be provided:
Your original for I-130,(Petition for Alien Relative) if you are filing concurrently; or
Your original Form-I360, (Petition for Ameriasian,Widower) if u are filing concurrently;or
A copy of your form I-797,(Notice of Action) if the petition has already been filed;or
Other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed on your behalf

This is what it says. I have no idea about what the problem was. I have a question though. On the form i-485, Part 2- application type, which option should we pick? I believe i made a mistake on that one. I picked option a) which is "An immigration petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved."

I believe this was the problem. Also My checks are stamped and every single page has the same stamp " AOS 8058** October 27,09 October 29,09 01:52 E1896** 5484*** *"

Please help me with that I am waiting for your replies asap. Thanks

My friend was rejected due forgetting to fill out that box in part 2. She got it back and returned it the same day filling out bos "H"...and stating she applied due to winning the DV lottery 2010 with her case #....Yesterday her check was cashed:)

Also all her papers were stamped on theside just like yours..only the paper with part 2 was already stamped but crossed out...the check was also stamped by Homeland Security....

Just send a new form with a different box filled out for part 2...it is hard it seems like "A" could be fine, but "H" also...to m "H" made more sense since DV winners don't have a GC number available...yet! Only a case#, and later when accepted they get a #. JMO.

Good Luck:)

Hi all. I have some bad news on my side.

I just received a mail that has my application in it with the NOA.

My application was rejected for the following reason:

it says that:

Based on the information you provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of this notice.

The following documents may be provided:
Your original for I-130,(Petition for Alien Relative) if you are filing concurrently; or
Your original Form-I360, (Petition for Ameriasian,Widower) if u are filing concurrently;or
A copy of your form I-797,(Notice of Action) if the petition has already been filed;or
Other evidence that an immigration visa petition has been filed on your behalf

This is what it says. I have no idea about what the problem was. I have a question though. On the form i-485, Part 2- application type, which option should we pick? I believe i made a mistake on that one. I picked option a) which is "An immigration petition giving me an immediately available immigrant visa number that has been approved."

I believe this was the problem. Also My checks are stamped and every single page has the same stamp " AOS 8058** October 27,09 October 29,09 01:52 E1896** 5484*** *"

Please help me with that I am waiting for your replies asap. Thanks

Hello hek123,

I am sorry to hear that your package was returned. I filled in option A (because the DV selection made an Immigrant Visa available for me) and my package was accepted. People have been filling in options A and H and it seems to be alright.

Did you attach copy of your notification letter as a DV2010 selectee? The rejection notice makes me think that they could not establish that your application was a DV case.

I mailed a Cover Letter explaining the reason of my application and I wrote (with pencil) my Case Number at the top right hand side of every page in the I-485.

Good luck!

Hello hek123,

I am sorry to hear that your package was returned. I filled in option A (because the DV selection made an Immigrant Visa available for me) and my package was accepted. People have been filling in options A and H and it seems to be alright.

Did you attach copy of your notification letter as a DV2010 selectee? The rejection notice makes me think that they could not establish that your application was a DV case.

I mailed a Cover Letter explaining the reason of my application and I wrote (with pencil) my Case Number at the top right hand side of every page in the I-485.

Good luck!

The same did my friend...on all papers the case #, as well as on the enveloppe, + the barcode copy + all letters from KCC stating she was a winner. Even though not necessary...you better send too much than too little.

I agree "A" is a possiblity as well as "H", but to me "H" sounds more reliable due to 100.000 people have received a NL and not 100.000 people are made an immigrant visa available for, + you don't have an aasigned visa # number given at this point, just a case #. JMO

The same did my friend...on all papers the case #, as well as on the enveloppe, + the barcode copy + all letters from KCC stating she was a winner. Even though not necessary...you better send too much than too little.

I agree "A" is a possiblity as well as "H", but to me "H" sounds more reliable due to 100.000 people have received a NL and not 100.000 people are made an immigrant visa available for, + you don't have an aasigned visa # number given at this point, just a case #. JMO

I agree, A or H are ok. The DV program makes an immigrant visa available for the selected applicants "when the cut-off number is current" (that's the trick).

Also, this is from the Diversity Visa Program web site:

Overview

The Congressionally mandated Diversity Immigrant Visa Program makes available 50,000 diversity visas (DV) annually, drawn from random selection among all entries to persons who meet strict eligibility requirements from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.

Note: that an immigrant visa is available does not mean that you will get a Green Card, the same happens with a family or employment based application. You apply when the immigrant visa is available (in those cases when your priority date is current) but then there is the AOS process and conditions that need to be met.

Does it make sense?

Congratulations Blue T41 and Daima for your interview letters. Linda555, I guess we will have to wait because we are in NY( very busy offices). I am in NYC.
I hope everything goes well for ya.

Hi, Do you have any idea how long we have to wait to get an interview.
I am in NYC also. And i have done my biometrics on 11/5/2009.

First of all, I would like to thank you guys for your immediate responses.

I am agree with i2009 and others. I think the officer wasn't able to decide that my case is a DV case. This seems like the only reason. In my application package. I included the page from NL1 which has the barcode and my case number on it. I thought that this would be enough for a person to understand that its a DV case. I think they want more than that.

From your posts: My understanding is that i need to add some more document stating that i am a dv winner. This is what i am going to do

1. I ll add the whole winner package that was sent to me from KCC.
2. I ll write a letter about which conditions i am currently in and TELL THEM THAT I AM A DV WINNER.
3. I ll write my case number on every page.
4. Fill out a new i-485 form and pick option h) "DV lottery winner case # ***"

The question is should i prepare a totaly new package ( fill out al forms again, prepare a copy of all documents again) or I just need to add the above documents along with the package that they returned to me.

Thanks.

hek,

Don't write your case number on every page. A cover letter explaining the basis of your application and listing all the documents you include in your package, and selection of option (h) "DV 2010 winner, case number such and such" should be enough. This is my opinion.

Good luck!

I am agree with i2009 and others. I think the officer wasn't able to decide that my case is a DV case. This seems like the only reason. In my application package. I included the page from NL1 which has the barcode and my case number on it. I thought that this would be enough for a person to understand that its a DV case. I think they want more than that.

From your posts: My understanding is that i need to add some more document stating that i am a dv winner. This is what i am going to do

2. I ll write a letter about which conditions i am currently in and TELL THEM THAT I AM A DV WINNER.

The question is should i prepare a totaly new package ( fill out al forms again, prepare a copy of all documents again) or I just need to add the above documents along with the package that they returned to me.

Thanks.

Hello heck123,

There is an example of a cover letter in this link (in case that you want to use it as a template) http://forums.immigration.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17897&d=1241333451

I am sorry but I don't know if you need to prepare a new set of forms, I would think that you don't need to do it but I hope someone else could give you a better answer to that. Does the rejection note say that you need to include the rejection note on top of everything when you re-submit your package?

Good luck!

Hi Hek123,

I am sorry to hear that.
Did you put NL2 from KCC which says that " USCIS will handle your case..."
When you send barcode to KCC, you should notice them that you will go AOS.

When I sent my package to Chicago, I attached NL1, Barcode, Receipt from DOS which is DV fee, NL2.

Double check this too so you can find out right reason why they send your package back.

My package returned two times, the reason was too early (before 01/10/2009)
I made all new package and we didn't include notice pages(NOA).
First time when it was rejected, we went to local USCIS and asked them what we need to do.
They answered just send package again, no need to make a new package and no need to include front rejection notice(NOA).

Good luck

Thanks.

One of Bentlebee's friend got into the same problem. I asked if s/he knows how did his/her friend sent back the application.

Thanks for your advises. I am preparing a cover letter now. If i get the answer from Bentlebee today i ll send it right away.

Btw, in the back of the Refected NOA it says that i need the provide a copy of this notice if i apply again. But there is no indication about sending the application back as it is plus the additional docs.

Hi Hek123,

I am sorry to hear that.
Did you put NL2 from KCC which says that " USCIS will handle your case..."
When you send barcode to KCC, you should notice them that you will go AOS.

When I sent my package to Chicago, I attached NL1, Barcode, Receipt from DOS which is DV fee, NL2.

Double check this too so you can find out right reason why they send your package back.

My package returned two times, the reason was too early (before 01/10/2009)
I made all new package and you don't have to include notice pages(NOA).
First time when it was rejected, we went to local USCIS and asked them what we need to do.
They answered just send package again, no need to make a new package just send it again.

Good luck

I did not receive NL2 from kcc yet, at the time of application i just added the barcode sheet. Right noew i have the DV fee receipt, NL1, only. Do you think i should wait for the NL2.

So you are saying that just use the documents that they sent back to me , put them in order , add additional documents, adjust the I-485, do not add a copy of the refected NOA and send it back to them.

In this case, what should i answer to this question on th form i 485
Q: Have you ever been applied for permanent resident status in the US.
A: yes or no ? if yes ( give date and place of filing and final disposition)

Thanks

One of Bentlebee's friend got into the same problem. I asked if s/he knows how did his/her friend sent back the application.

Thanks for your advises. I am preparing a cover letter now. If i get the answer from Bentlebee today i ll send it right away.

Btw, in the back of the Refected NOA it says that i need the provide a copy of this notice if i apply again. But there is no indication about sending the application back as it is plus the additional docs.

Sorry to hear that. I think the key is to have a cover letter which clearly states that you have won the lottery. I had it even on the package itself. I would highly recommend reading the USCIS tips for assembling an application http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

I did not receive NL2 from kcc yet, at the time of application i just added the barcode sheet. Right noew i have the DV fee receipt, NL1, only. Do you think i should wait for the NL2.

So you are saying that just use the documents that they sent back to me , put them in order , add additional documents, adjust the I-485, do not add a copy of the refected NOA and send it back to them.

In this case, what should i answer to this question on th form i 485
Q: Have you ever been applied for permanent resident status in the US.
A: yes or no ? if yes ( give date and place of filing and final disposition)

Thanks

Hello hek123,

You should answer "NO" to that question unless, of course, you had had applied for another AOS before.

"I did not receive NL2 from kcc yet..."

Then you have no right to send your publication yet. Wait for NL2 before you send your application to USCIS.

"I did not receive NL2 from kcc yet..."

Then you have no right to send your publication yet. Wait for NL2 before you send your application to USCIS.

No that's not true. In the moment that kentucky Recieves his application they do not contact him anymore. He just have to send what he has to chicago and he will be fine. I don't know how true this is ...i read this in the 2009 aos topic.