• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi BlueT41, I actually have another question (i hope there is a simple answer to this). Since we both live in the states we decided to go with the AOS. Is there any condition that doing CP would be more advantageous. I read somewhere that it might depend on case number. But aren't the people who are doing the CP still have to wait for their number to be current? I just want to make sure that i am doing the right thing to go with the AOS. If CP would be easier/quicker, i would do that instead of AOS. Any ideas on this? Why did you choose AOS (or those who live in the states always choose AOS?) Thanks!

Hello cm1979,

Here's a link that I think may help.
AOS vs CP
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustment-of-status-vs-consular-processing.html

AOS information- helpful link
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html

Help

I received my Letter on May 18 sent back DS122 to KCC last week. I am applying for AOS for me along with my wife. I reviewed the blogs and from what I understand I will have to send DV fee to the DOS.
My question is that is there any form that I should fill out for $375 fee and Would this fee cover me and my wife both or do I have to pay twice of that amount?
For answers I thank you in advance

2010EU00012XXX

I received my Letter on May 18 sent back DS122 to KCC last week. I am applying for AOS for me along with my wife. I reviewed the blogs and from what I understand I will have to send DV fee to the DOS.
My question is that is there any form that I should fill out for $375 fee and Would this fee cover me and my wife both or do I have to pay twice of that amount?
For answers I thank you in advance

2010EU00012XXX

There is a form included in the documents that you received with the NL. It has the DOS address that you need to send the DV fee to. You need to fill that and send it along with the check and a self stamped envelope.

I dont know the answer to whether you need to send $375x2 or not. Someone else would probably answer that easily.

Hello cm1979,

AOS vs CP

Thanks BlueT41. I think AOS is a better option for me, sounds like it has less headache such as not having to go back to country etc. Also, my number is supposed to be current before the end of the year (based on last year though, so you never know).

Hi all, I am a DV winner as well, got my NL on June 2nd. I am going AOS route.
Called KCC today - yes, you only need to send DS122. DS230 is optional. After that they put freeze on your KCC processing and transfer your case to USCIS.
I guess after that we need to wait until cases are up on DOS website. I was told by KCC that this will happen in August.

BTW, BlueT41 - fantastic posts, very helpful. Thanks for that. Hope I will be able contribute to the community as well.

Called KCC today - yes, you only need to send DS122. DS230 is optional. After that they put freeze on your KCC processing and transfer your case to USCIS.
I guess after that we need to wait until cases are up on DOS website. I was told by KCC that this will happen in August.

BTW, BlueT41 - fantastic posts, very helpful. Thanks for that. Hope I will be able contribute to the community as well.

That is nice ,congr where you are at ? what is your number ...........little hope for some

BlueT41 - great posts, very informative.

cm1979 - I am on an H1B and waiting on my AOS through sponsorship (EB3), the wait is imposible to bear. This green card lottery program is like a breathe of fresh air.

Here's an update,

4/17/09: NL from KCC 2010SA000004xx
5/13/09: Sent DSP122 (only) + barcode sheet to KCC
5/14/09: Sent $375 DV fee + form to DOS (in St. Louis)
6/04/09: Received stamped form (for $375 DV fee) from DOS

Thanks,

Jlaw

BlueT41 - great posts, very informative.

cm1979 - I am on an H1B and waiting on my AOS through sponsorship (EB3), the wait is imposible to bear. This green card lottery program is like a breathe of fresh air.

Here's an update,

4/17/09: NL from KCC 2010SA000004xx
5/13/09: Sent DSP122 (only) + barcode sheet to KCC
5/14/09: Sent $375 DV fee + form to DOS (in St. Louis)
6/04/09: Received stamped form (for $375 DV fee) from DOS

Thanks,

Jlaw

Same here Jlaw. I applied through EB3 as well, god knows when EB3s would be current. I am so lucky to receive the DV NL. Hope everything goes smooth and we all get the gcs soon. It sucks to depend on the employer, especially in such a bad economy.

There is a form included in the documents that you received with the NL. It has the DOS address that you need to send the DV fee to. You need to fill that and send it along with the check and a self stamped envelope.

I dont know the answer to whether you need to send $375x2 or not. Someone else would probably answer that easily.

Thanks for your answer about the fee and address.

Anyone knows the answer if I need to send obly $375 for me and my wife together or pay that fee for each of us?
Thanks

Hello,

I am a DV-2010 winner (actually my wife is a winner ) and after reading all the DV-#### AOS only threads (which are extremely usefull, thanks everybody for sharing own experience) I still have some questions to the last years DV winners regarding AOS package preparation:
1) did you use stamples to keep togeter pages of the ONE form (e.g. I-485) or original document's copy and its translation? There is a recomentdation on USCIS not to use heavy-duty stamples but I believe it means not to stample the whole package by one heavy-duty stample, so stampling 2-3 pages of the one form should be OK. Am I right?
2) did you print AOS forms as single-side page or double-side page?

Thank you and good luck everybody who are in the last stages of DV-2009.

Hello,

I am a DV-2010 winner (actually my wife is a winner ) and after reading all the DV-#### AOS only threads (which are extremely usefull, thanks everybody for sharing own experience) I still have some questions to the last years DV winners regarding AOS package preparation:
1) did you use stamples to keep togeter pages of the ONE form (e.g. I-485) or original document's copy and its translation? There is a recomentdation on USCIS not to use heavy-duty stamples but I believe it means not to stample the whole package by one heavy-duty stample, so stampling 2-3 pages of the one form should be OK. Am I right?
2) did you print AOS forms as single-side page or double-side page?

Thank you and good luck everybody who are in the last stages of DV-2009.

Hello AgentSmith,

I did not know there was a protocol on assembling the documents, but here is my two cents. Staple related pages together, then use a clip to hold all the docs together using a binder clip. I personally prefer single sided printed pages. Call USCIS to confirm.I don't really think it's matters too much. Good luck!

Here's a link that may help. Scroll down to the section called "Assembling the Application".
http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html

Hello cm1979,

AOS vs CP

Thanks BlueT41. I think AOS is a better option for me, sounds like it has less headache such as not having to go back to country etc. Also, my number is supposed to be current before the end of the year (based on last year though, so you never know).

You're welcome cm1979! Awesome. I think AOS is better too. Keep us posted! -BlueT41

Thanks for your answer about the fee and address.

Anyone knows the answer if I need to send obly $375 for me and my wife together or pay that fee for each of us?
Thanks

Hello ayataf,
You have to send in $375 for each person. You and your wife would be 375 x 2=$750. The form AOS payment form that came with your notification letter instructs you to multiply the DV amount by the number of persons filing. This fee goes to a separate address listed on the DV payment form. I think you have to fill out a separate DSP122 for your wife as well if I am not mistaken. Call Department of State to confirm.

Glad to help. FYI. DV2010 does not start till October 2009. The bulletin is usually posted a month in advance. I would recommend waiting for the month your case is actually current. Just my 2 cents. Congratualtions!!:)

Hi guys.. Congrats to all the winners!!

In my case I'm not sure what to do... I've been calling KCC and asking almost the same question all the time... When should I pay the fees they tell about on the 1st NL.

They always answer me that not yet, that I have to wait until I get the 2nd NL and it should be paid before the interview.

But now after all I've read in the forum it seems that you have to pay a different fee if you are doing AOS or do I have to pay the $375 plus another fee for USCIS?

Wow, this is really confusing, but I'm afraid on paying the fee now and then losing it, they say that once you pay it and something is wrong with your application you lose that money...

Case 2010SA00000XXX
04/21/09 1st NL received
05/04/09 Forms sent
05/06/09 Confirmation of forms received

I recently received NL and the forms DS 230 part I & part II, and DSP 122 but when I called the kentucy consular center they said me to mail just the DSP 122 form, pic and the barcode if I want to adjust my status in the united states. I have seen in this post the some folks mentioned about the $375.00 amount send to USCIS as I am confused do I have to send that amount and what that amount is for? when do have to do AOS and how long does it take usually as my number is around 26000 is it better for me to do consular processing and go back to my country. please jot down your thoughts & thank you very much....

do we need to mail $375.00 and mail all the forms or just DSP 122 if I want to do AOS here in the usa and how long does it take.