• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi shariifka,

I am glad to hear that you had a successful
interview. If requested your file would be
transferred to your field office within a week.
Then they will just approve it. I hope you
get your card soon...

Hello Good People,

I had a very interesting interview today . . . My IO has got to be the nicest lady ever, for real! She was very friendly, courteous and talked more about other things than my case!!! As I was expecting and had earlier expressed, the field office processing my case didn't know what to do with my case. Apparently the DV experts were no longer there and for a while they were trying to figure out how my file got there. They couldn't understand why I filed my application way before (33 days) my number was current so I had to explain it and they ended up agreeing with me after they looked it up. She told me I was her first DV case ever and that the field office very rarely processes such cases. Anyway, she then asked me some questions from my I-485 (parents' name/address/the many questions on page 3 etc.). She then detached my I-94 from my passport and was set to approve my case but the KCC file was not there, which wasn't a surprise. She assured me that she would request it as soon as she walked me out of the interviewing section and called me after a few minutes telling me that she had requested the file and that she would approve the case as soon as she gets the file on Monday . . . and she said not to worry about a thing and that I should expect the GC in my mail in two weeks or so ! No I-134, Tax Returns . . . hopefully I'll have more good news sometime next week.

Hang in there people, were almost there.

God Bless!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi shariifka,

I am glad to hear that you had a successful
interview. If requested our file would be
transferred to your field office within a week.
Then they will just approve it. I hope you
get your card soon...

Thanks a lot Capeolive! I hope so too. I guess I'm a little anxious . . . so close, yet . . . . . . . you know what I mean.

Wish you and your family all the best.

Hi chance1,

Welcome to the forum.

After sending the AOS package to Chicago
they forward it to NBC in MS. Then for biometrics
appointment they send a notice to the applicant.
It is called "ASC Appointment Notice" it is
usually set for 2-4 weeks later. What you can do
is take this notice and go to the specified ASC for
walk-in biometrics earlier.

Sometimes they don't ask anything, sometimes they do.
A reason could be you have to travel "soon". May be
somebody is sick but due to your application you cannot
leave etc. etc.

Due to your number most likely you will be able to apply
when the cut-off numbers for Asia become current. So
it will be very important for you to do all the tricks there
are. Like "early filing" and "walk-in biometrics" etc.

The more important thing is to educate yourself in the DV AOS
process. More you learn you'll see that there are much more details
to learn. I would advice you to read this "DV 2010 AOS Only"
thread from the first page, take notes, have a file in your computer.

There is a treasure hidden within, may be you will find it...

Hi capeolive,

Which documents do we need to have for walking-in biometric and where is it done ? What kind of reason could be convincing in case of walk in bio? Is infopass needed for it?

I appreciate your guidances

HEY GUYS,
I got approved today. I am typing it from my cell so I will update you guys after I get back home...thanks for all your warm wishes and support..

sharifka and summet,
congrats on your successful interviews.
sharifka - don't worry, your file will be there. you will get your approval and green card!
summet - it's almost over. relax and just wait for the process to take its course.

i received my green card in the mail today.
that's it ... it's finally here ... the piece of plastic that we all waited a whole year for! but it was worth it.

Congrats..leongsce finally got your card!!
And I just realized that the "grean card" are not in green color...lol

Congrats..leongsce finally got your card!!
And I just realized that the "grean card" are not in green color...lol

zuno,
the new one is more green than the old one. the background is white but the borders and the statue of liberty is green. it's 'green' enough :)
yours is on the way too!

chooti,
you should be getting yours any day now, since our timeline is pretty close.

Thanks a lot guys for ur wishes,
@leongsce thanks for a lot and congrulation for ur green card
@Shariiifka thanks for ur wishes, I am sure that u will have ur case update with positive result.

Hey guys, sorry I am late to post my interview experience but I was out the whole day and had no access to internet. However, I am still awake to write this post coz I am very excited to let all you guys know what happened.
I had my interview scheduled for 2:00pm however I got in at 1:30 just after staying there for 5 mins, there was a lady asking every body if she can help. then she came to me and asked who I am waiting on, I told her that I was waiting for a offer telling her the name of the officer and she just answered, thats me.. follow me. I followed her to her office.At first I was a bit nervous because she looked very serious but when we were in the office, she started talking very frank and I started being comfortable. We started the conversation after the oath. She just asked me to put the documents asked in the interview letter to put in the front. So i gave her my passport, I94, I20, dv letter my temporary DL and Receipt of dv letter paid. She just looked at it and then asked me my full name my DOB my mom's name , dad's name my current address, my previous address, the last time I entered United states, the major I am doing and the first school I attended. when I was answering them question, she asked me what my major is, I jjust said its microbiology and then she smiled saying, so u are the smart sciene student, I replied saying that I think my subject is lot easier to the other people who study accounting and other majors. She again smiled and answered that she appreciate the comment and answered that I think her major which happen to be accounting was worth that much.After that she went through the bunch of No question from I485. She did showed her pity of what my lawyer did to me and my previous case being denied telling me that she was the one to deny the case coz it was filed early however she was happy that I had enough time to reapply again. I then told her that from todays date I will aknowledge people about this process.then she just told me that my my file looks good and since she has everything she will approve my case and smiling she told me that from 25th of august 2010, you are the legal permanent reside of United States Of America. saying that she gave me all my document and assured me i will get my card soon but till then not to go out of states. however she didnt gave me nothing on written or stamped my passport. I thought i was supposed to get a paper saying I am approved but I got nothing and when i asked if i have to get any docs she answers thats it and not to worry coz i will be getting my card in few weeks. after that she once again congrulated me and walked me to the door. GUys it was so easy, i didnt have to show no I134, or any other documents. Thanks for all ur support and warm wishes. How I am waiting to see my green... card...

@zuno, thats a lot for ur wises,
@skul, thanx a lot for ur wishes

hi guys...
I successfully got my case approved:)...and it's surprisely smooth ^_^Y.
I got no traffic to downtown in 10 mins, then got only 25 mins on interview with a very nice lady, approve my doc after few questions. then print out a approved receipt. tell me I'll get my card about 2~4 weeks.:):):)
I checked the status online this afternoon....my I-131 is on Initial Review and I-765 are in the CDP step, but I-485 still on Acceptance, anyone know why?!

thanks again for whom have been help me out in this forum..

@...Summet you are the next one who will get that approved receipt, have a nice sleep tho. Good luck!!

Congratulations zuno! Enjoy your new status, your card should arrive soon...

Congrats Summet and Shariifka!!! So happy for you guys...we all should be thankful to this forum for making our AOS processes lot easier...