• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

best of luck x2010x. and. 2010forme. We r ready to type a congrats post fot tomorrow for both of ya. Post ur experience!!

best of luck x2010x. and. 2010forme. We r ready to type a congrats post fot tomorrow for both of ya. Post ur experience!!

Thanks nepal2010. Am off to bed now have a BIG DAY tomorrow. Thanks once again everyone on this forum. I truly appreciate all your support !!

Dear guys,
thank you very much for your nice wishes and prayers specially capeolive, nepal2010, new one, Norkira, i2009 and of course everybody else. Here is my interview experience:

I got lost on the road, I had to pass the EZ Tag road without and EZ Tag :D. Whetever I wanted to be there on time. I got to the location half an hour advance. But the officer took me earlier since I was there. he was a white gentleman. he made my way to his office. the building was complicated. he made me take the oath. Then he started to look at my file. he asked for my birthdate, birth place, home address. He asked me if I had been to any other country or left US since I came here. Questions like these. Then he asked me about PhD and my school. I haven't said a word more than he asked. (generally I do :) He asked nothing about finacial documents or sponsorship. he then checked if I applied early or not. He told me people apply for this too early. Then he said I'm good. A few jokes, I smiled. Then he said he will approve me (yay!). But he could not log into his system. He said he will do that today. He didn't want to make me wait anymore. He had other interviwees waiting. He said I should be getting my welcome letter by the end of this week and my greencard within two weeks. He also told me not to leave the country before I get my card in my hand. Then he walked me again to the door. That was it. So smooth and peaceful which makes me a little bit sentimantal :) Thank God.

My congratulations!!!

That's really great interview!!! Now you are approved, it means that from today you're the permanet resident of the USA!!! Yeh!!! Now all you need it to wait for your WL and GC!!! Good luck!!!

Thanks i2009 and new one for the good wishes. Thank you all guys for always helping and answering my questions.
Congratulations jasmine for your successful interview.

I will let you tomorrow how my interview went. I'm a bit anxious, but I think I'm ready for tomorrow.

DV2010EU25XXX (Chicago,IL)
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

Good luck for tomorrow!!! Keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! Waiting for your experience!!!

Hi guys, I promised I'll let you know about my interview.
I don't have an answer yet about my application. I got there at 9. I had my interview appointment at 9.30 but nobody called me. I waited til 10 then I went and talked to the lady in front and asked her what's happening. She said that if they don't call my name til 10.30 , to go back talk to her. I had my interview at 10.45. A lot of waiting. The duration of the interview was less than 10 minutes. The IO vas very nice, but she was also in a big hurry. She was behind with her schedule and said that she's sorry she's rushing me and that everything is common procedures, nothing to worry about. She asked me about date of birth, name of parents, about my status, etc. She didn't ask for affidavit of support, but she said she will review my application, and check my financial information and she will let me know if she needs something from me. She said that everything looked fine. If they need smth, they'll call me.

It looks like I have to wait again.
I'll keep you posted of what will be next. I'm kind of disappointed. I hoped I'll be done with this today.

Hello x2010x,

I am sorry to hear that you didn't get approved right away but I am pretty sure that everything will be fine. Keep a positive attitude. You should receive good news pretty soon!!!!

Thanks for letting us know how your interview went.

Good luck!!!!

Dear guys,
thank you very much for your nice wishes and prayers specially capeolive, nepal2010, new one, Norkira, i2009 and of course everybody else. Here is my interview experience:

I got lost on the road, I had to pass the EZ Tag road without and EZ Tag :D. Whetever I wanted to be there on time. I got to the location half an hour advance. But the officer took me earlier since I was there. he was a white gentleman. he made my way to his office. the building was complicated. he made me take the oath. Then he started to look at my file. he asked for my birthdate, birth place, home address. He asked me if I had been to any other country or left US since I came here. Questions like these. Then he asked me about PhD and my school. I haven't said a word more than he asked. (generally I do :) He asked nothing about finacial documents or sponsorship. he then checked if I applied early or not. He told me people apply for this too early. Then he said I'm good. A few jokes, I smiled. Then he said he will approve me (yay!). But he could not log into his system. He said he will do that today. He didn't want to make me wait anymore. He had other interviwees waiting. He said I should be getting my welcome letter by the end of this week and my greencard within two weeks. He also told me not to leave the country before I get my card in my hand. Then he walked me again to the door. That was it. So smooth and peaceful which makes me a little bit sentimantal :) Thank God.

Congratulations jasmine182!!!
That looks fine to me and I am sure you'll have your green card soon.
I am happy to hear that everything went smooth.

I don't have an answer yet about my application. I got there at 9. I had my interview appointment at 9.30 but nobody called me. I waited til 10 then I went and talked to the lady in front and asked her what's happening. She said that if they don't call my name til 10.30 , to go back talk to her. I had my interview at 10.45. A lot of waiting. The duration of the interview was less than 10 minutes. The IO vas very nice, but she was also in a big hurry. She was behind with her schedule and said that she's sorry she's rushing me and that everything is common procedures, nothing to worry about. She asked me about date of birth, name of parents, about my status, etc. She didn't ask for affidavit of support, but she said she will review my application, and check my financial information and she will let me know if she needs something from me. She said that everything looked fine. If they need smth, they'll call me.

I'll keep you posted of what will be next. I'm kind of disappointed. I hoped I'll be done with this today.

I am sorry to hear that your interview was not so perfect.
Probably it's gonna take a little bit more time to get your card, but I'm sure that everything will be fine on the end.
Good luck and keep us posted.

yes, you interview didn't have the end, but still she said that everything looks fine, this is the best answer she could give! So let's just wait and we'll see. I think everything will be ok!
Did you check your online status??? Has it changed????

hey x2010x,
i dont think that is much a problem to worry about. I knw its always better to get decision ryt away. But everyrthing looks in control to me. Best of luck. Kip checking mailbox.

Hi Guys,

Yes, Yes, Yes its good news! Me and my family (husband & 15 yr old daughter) have received our notice of approval for adjustment of status. Our interview took 40 mins. We should be receiving our GC within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

As promised here is a detailed interview for those interested :

Reached the office at 10am, interview scheduled for 11am. There was a steady flow of people in and out. At sharp 11am our IO called our family name and took us to her office. She asked us for our Drivers License and for my daughter she took her school photo ID. Since we had filed thru a lawyer she wanted to know if we wanted to proceed without the lawyer and made us sign a waiver form each. She started by informing us we need to take the oath and should we not understand her question we can ask again but it is imperative the correct information is given. We proceeded with the oath. She then informed us some of her questions may make us uncomfortable but we need to answer them. We agreed and then she proceeded with the interview. She started with informing us that she has both our adjustment of status files (DV & EB) with her and we can make a decision which one we need to continue with once she finishes with the DV based interview. She asked each one of us to give our full name, date of birth, place of birth, she verified our address, our social security numbers, type of visa used, date and place of entry into the USA. She asked if any of us left the country since we arrived. She then informed me since I was the lucky winner she needed to check if I qualified for the same. She asked to see originals of the following - birth certificate, passport, school certificate, university certificate (but went on to say only the school certificate was the deciding factor) and letter from the employer. She asked me what subject I majored in university and if my work was related to my studies. She told me my papers looked good and now she has to check records for my husband and daughter. She asked to see originals of my daughters birth certificate and my husbands birth and our marriage certificate. She went on to confirm that I had only one child. She told us she would take copies of my daughters birth certificate and our marriage certificate. I apologized for not having a copy on me. She then proceeded to ask the normal background check questions (police, criminal etc.) I guess these were the uncomfortable questions she was refering to.
After all this she said now we need to make a decision which file we want to proceed with as she cannot have both cases open. I asked her which case will be the fastest to this she replied with a smile our DV case will be approved today subject to us withdrawing our EB case. Wow these were the words I was longing to hear. I looked up into the sky thru her high rise window and thanked the Good Lord for his work. We then had to individually sign that we were withdrawing my husbands EB case. And she made the necessary entries into her system. She took all our I-94’s and also asked for our EAD cards as we will no longer be requiring the same. She gave each one of us a notice of approval and informed us within the next 2 to 3 weeks we should receive our GC. She asked if we had any questions for her. She told us within 5 years we can apply for naturalization. She congratulated us and told us to celebrate. The officer was really, really nice. She asked questions about the history of our country and its culture. We thanked her and left. Wow the interview was lengthy I guess because of our EB case but the result was awesome.!!!!!!
Thanks once again for all the support I have received thru this forum and will keep you all posted when my GC arrives.
I wish everyone all the very best. GOD BLESS.

Hi x2010x

Its sad you could not get an answer today itself. From what you have explained it looks like today was just a rush day for the Field Office and they have just rushed thru the appts taken the necessary details and now will go thru each file and send you the good news. I know it means the waiting continues but keep your chin up you will get the news you are waiting for. My best best wishes. Waiting to hear your good news.

Hi Guys,

Yes, Yes, Yes its good news! Me and my family (husband & 15 yr old daughter) have received our notice of approval for adjustment of status. Our interview took 40 mins. We should be receiving our GC within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Yayyy, congrats, that's awesome. So glad to hear everything went so smooth. Best of luck with everything else.

Don't worry, I know your exhausted by now and were hoping to get a more definite answer, but you'll get there soon, trust me. Don't let this bring you down because there's no reason to.
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hi x2010x,

Thank you for posting your experience.
I think IO will approve you when she has
time, hopefully sometime this week.

I hope to get the good news from you soon...

Hi Guys,

Congratulations 2010Forme, I'm so happy for you guys. That's the way it should be.

Congratulations one more time!!!!

Hi 2010forme,

I am very to happy to hear the good news from you guys.
Congratulations on your successful interview and hope
your upcoming status brings your family happiness...

Hi Guys,

Reached the office at 10am, interview scheduled for 11am. There was a steady flow of people in and out. At sharp 11am our IO called our family name and took us to her office. She asked us for our Drivers License and for my daughter she took her school photo ID. Since we had filed thru a lawyer she wanted to know if we wanted to proceed without the lawyer and made us sign a waiver form each. She started by informing us we need to take the oath and should we not understand her question we can ask again but it is imperative the correct information is given. We proceeded with the oath. She then informed us some of her questions may make us uncomfortable but we need to answer them. We agreed and then she proceeded with the interview. She started with informing us that she has both our adjustment of status files (DV & EB) with her and we can make a decision which one we need to continue with once she finishes with the DV based interview. She asked each one of us to give our full name, date of birth, place of birth, she verified our address, our social security numbers, type of visa used, date and place of entry into the USA. She asked if any of us left the country since we arrived. She then informed me since I was the lucky winner she needed to check if I qualified for the same. She asked to see originals of the following - birth certificate, passport, school certificate, university certificate (but went on to say only the school certificate was the deciding factor) and letter from the employer. She asked me what subject I majored in university and if my work was related to my studies. She told me my papers looked good and now she has to check records for my husband and daughter. She asked to see originals of my daughters birth certificate and my husbands birth and our marriage certificate. She went on to confirm that I had only one child. She told us she would take copies of my daughters birth certificate and our marriage certificate. I apologized for not having a copy on me. She then proceeded to ask the normal background check questions (police, criminal etc.) I guess these were the uncomfortable questions she was refering to.
After all this she said now we need to make a decision which file we want to proceed with as she cannot have both cases open. I asked her which case will be the fastest to this she replied with a smile our DV case will be approved today subject to us withdrawing our EB case. Wow these were the words I was longing to hear. I looked up into the sky thru her high rise window and thanked the Good Lord for his work. We then had to individually sign that we were withdrawing my husbands EB case. And she made the necessary entries into her system. She took all our I-94’s and also asked for our EAD cards as we will no longer be requiring the same. She gave each one of us a notice of approval and informed us within the next 2 to 3 weeks we should receive our GC. She asked if we had any questions for her. She told us within 5 years we can apply for naturalization. She congratulated us and told us to celebrate. The officer was really, really nice. She asked questions about the history of our country and its culture. We thanked her and left. Wow the interview was lengthy I guess because of our EB case but the result was awesome.!!!!!!
Thanks once again for all the support I have received thru this forum and will keep you all posted when my GC arrives.

Thank you all guys for encouraging me. My status didn't change yet; still in acceptance. I just hope I won't have to wait too long to hear an answer from USCIS. It looks like I'll move my bed close to the mailbox now. :))
Congratulations 2010FORME on your successful interview.

Hi Guys,

My congratulations to you and your family!!! Your interview was too long)))) but with happy end!!!!!
Today you got your new status - Permanemt Resident!!! Good luck!!!