• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi kyttaylor,

You should clarify your question. There is no education based AOS.
Basically there are 3 types of AOS:
1. Family Based
2. Employment Based
3. Diversity Visa Based
This forum is about fiscal year 2010 DV Based AOS.
In general proving financial sufficiency is required for
all applicants regardless of their current status.

Please provide your case number and location in your future postings...

I've got a question. For those of you who applied for education-based AOS and successfully adjusted their status from an F-1 visa, were you ever asked to submit or show tax returns if you are just a single student who never got married ??? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what they say about green card holders:

"Everybody is equal, but some people are more equal"

I thought you just moved to an upper cast or something
when I haven't seen you around for sometime. In case
you decide to leave the forum one day please don't leave
without saying goodbye. Yes, you are "more equal"...

Congrats gdh, it's all down the hill from now on :)

You know what they say about green card holders:

"Everybody is equal, but some people are more equal"

I thought you just moved to an upper cast or something
when I haven't seen you around for sometime. In case
you decide to leave the forum one day please don't leave
without saying goodbye. Yes, you are "more equal"...

I'm around, I'm not not going anywhere :)

I Can't WAIT for you all to get the green cards so we can then talk about life after green card, things we deal with etc. I'll patiently await for y'all :)

Thank you New One. I can't believe it, but we just got our welcome letters today! I guess my IO either succeeded in transferring my file or realized that there is no file to transfer. Either way I'm HAPPY! :)

Curiously, I didn't get an email about it but I checked online and the status did change.

We're sending another thank you card to the IO to let her know how much we appreciate her help. And here's a virtual thank you card for all of you guys. :)

THANK YOU!

That's a great news!!!!!! My congratulations!!!! When I saw the green sign I thought that you already got your GCs))))) but the welcome letters, it' s also great, because it means that your cards on their ways!!!! Check your online status, when it's changed to Post-decision, it will mean that they sent your GCs! It was in my case)

Good luck!!!

Thank you New One. I can't believe it, but we just got our welcome letters today! I guess my IO either succeeded in transferring my file or realized that there is no file to transfer. Either way I'm HAPPY! :)

Curiously, I didn't get an email about it but I checked online and the status did change.

We're sending another thank you card to the IO to let her know how much we appreciate her help. And here's a virtual thank you card for all of you guys. :)

THANK YOU!

Congratulations gdh !!!!!!

That Infopass did the job ! Am so glad you went for it. Now just relax and the GC will be in your mail box soooooooon!!!!!! All the very best in the USA !

I Can't WAIT for you all to get the green cards so we can then talk about life after green card, things we deal with etc. I'll patiently await for y'all :)

Hey Norkira,
I like your idea. It will be so cool for us all to hang out on this site sharing how each one of us are progressing after GC !! I hope the others too on this forum will feel the same about your suggestion.

Hi eenya,

If you get an I-134 you should take it with you
to the interview but do not present it unless
specifically asked for it. If it is not submitted
the sponsor won't be under obligation for
so many years...

Latest number for Asia is 19550 in Advanced Notifications
for June. So your number would be current in July or August.
Which means you can apply around 50 Days in advance.
The time frame is very narrow. You can just get enough time
for the whole process. You should be very careful not to miss
anything in your AOS package. Good luck in your process.

I would mention this though: Do you have an option of doing CP
(Consular Processing Overseas) You can switch between AOS and
CP by calling KCC. Let's say your number becomes current in
September. If you do CP you'll get interview at a US consulate
in September for sure. But with AOS in US you just may not
have enough time. When you do AOS in US if you are current
in certain month does not mean that you'll get interviewed
the same month. If you check the signatures of the people
you will see that most of the people getting interviewed
0-4 months after they become current.

If I were you I would check the June visa Bulletin around
May 10 and see where the cut-off numbers for Asia going,
then decide between AOS and CP.

Thanks a lot for the valuable advises and suggestions. Actually i am waiting for the next visa bulletin to decide about the future steps.

Hey guys,
little late just wanted to update my journey... I recieved my welcome letter on april 14th :) and finally my card on 23rd april :).
My journey from june 2009 to April 2010 ended with ups and downs but leading to happy ending.

I know guys, many of you are on the same path. Trust yourself and god... everyone can make it.

THANK YOU!

Congratulations gdh!!!!
You are on the end of this journey.....
I wish you all the best, and good life with new status!!!

I've got a question. For those of you who applied for education-based AOS and successfully adjusted their status from an F-1 visa, were you ever asked to submit or show tax returns if you are just a single student who never got married ??? Thanks

Hi kyttaylor,

If you meant that you are DV winner with F1 status......
I think that you should do a taxes, just to file them, even if you didn't work.
But if you didn't file them shouldn't not be a problem.
But bring your bank statements, because they will ask for them, for sure (if you looked on this forum you'll see that they asked F1 applicants).
And prepare affidavit of support, you will need it.

Hey guys,
little late just wanted to update my journey... I recieved my welcome letter on april 14th :) and finally my card on 23rd april :).
My journey from june 2009 to April 2010 ended with ups and downs but leading to happy ending.

I know guys, many of you are on the same path. Trust yourself and god... everyone can make it.

my congratulations!!!! Good luck to you with your new status!!!! I hope you are happy now)))

Hey guys,

Congratulations antar45,

Congratulations!!!!
I'm sooo happy for all of you that finished this journey.
All the best!!!
Enjoy in your new status and new life!

Hi Norkira,
That's a good idea that we stay in touch and share experience after we get GCs.

Hey guys,

Congrats antar45. All the best for the rest of your life.

Hi antar45,

Congratulations on your card and new status.
I hope your new status brings happiness to you...

Hey guys,

Hey guys,

Congratulations antar45. All the very best with your GC !!!

Good Morning every body

i hope you all had a wonderful weekend............i just wishes all my best and for Jasmine182 and 2010Forme who going have interview this week have a bless week

And......Congrats to gdh and antar45 for thier GC

Thank you middle.com

I have been waiting for years for this, I think I can wait little longer.

Just 19 Days, 16 Hours, 25 Minutes and 41 Seconds More! (This was a joke!)

Capeolive, everything will be alright and you will reunite with your family soon. In no time you'll be celebrating your new status. We are all here crossing our fingers for you.

Hi new one,
they don't explicitly ask for medical report or bank statements, they just mentioned as "all related DV documents". I wanted to be assured that I have what I can. As far as the bank statements, they don't ask for them either. Just in case.

Thank you so much capeolive, you have been so helpful for me and the forum. I am so waiting for the time to give a big size "Thank you" to all.

Hello jasmine182,

They ask to bring the medical exam only if the applicant did not submit it in the AOS package, if they lost it, or if they are just sending a standard interview letter. I don't think you need it. Don't worry about it, you'll be fine. As for the bank statement, sometime they ask for it to prove that a married couple live together or as an evidence of your address. If you have it, bring it to the interview. I would suggest that you bring everything that can help you support your current status, address, financial, etc. but only show them if the Officer asks for it.

Best of luck to you tomorrow in your interview, I hope that your interview goes smoothly. Please, let us know how it went when you got the chance.