• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

am a ghanaian living in italy. i won dv 2010 and my cn is 2010af0006xxxx. will like to know where the interview will be scheduled, ie, in ghana or italy. tanx

am a ghanaian living in italy. i won dv 2010 and my cn is 2010af0006xxxx. will like to know where the interview will be scheduled, ie, in ghana or italy. tanx

It's up to you to decide where you want your interview to be. You have a choice of doing the interview in Ghana or Italy (provided you live there legally). Have you completed and returned the forms DSP-122, DSS-230 and the barcode sheet to KCC? The reason is that if you have sent these forms to KCC, then it means you have already indicated which country you want your interview.

yes, i have already filled and sent the various forms back to kcc. i suggested to that question that i want the interview in milan (italy), however a friend said being a ghanaian, the kcc will definitely schedule the interview in accra. i must say am living legally in italy. tanx bro

yes, i have already filled and sent the various forms back to kcc. i suggested to that question that i want the interview in milan (italy), however a friend said being a ghanaian, the kcc will definitely schedule the interview in accra. i must say am living legally in italy. tanx bro

I think your friend has wrong information. You can make it in Italy.

I think your friend has wrong information. You can make it in Italy.

That is true. Once you are legally resident in Italy, you can have your interview in the American Embassy in Rome. I live in the UK and I'm gonna have my interview in London, though I'm a Ghanaian.

That is true. Once you are legally resident in Italy, you can have your interview in the American Embassy in Rome. I live in the UK and I'm gonna have my interview in London, though I'm a Ghanaian.

Same as my friend who is Sudanese, but is indicated in the form that he wants the interview in the UK.

Best of luck you guys

Hi guys.Thanks so much for your contributions in this forum. You guys make me so proud to be Ghanaian. Kwamepoku77, Vinesoft, Nanaagyeman, King Barnabas and all others not mentioned, may God bless you.
After much struggle with getting signed up, I finally succeeded. So here I am for the first time. Congrats to all who've been successful so far. It's all by God's grace and we thank Him.
I'm due for my first (and hopefully the only)interview with my family on 25Sep2009. My case number is 66***, and I'd appreciate some advice: As the Pricipal Applicant, I have my police cert. But do my spouse and children need to have that too? Thanks in advance.

Hi guys.Thanks so much for your contributions in this forum. You guys make me so proud to be Ghanaian. Kwamepoku77, Vinesoft, Nanaagyeman, King Barnabas and all others not mentioned, may God bless you.
After much struggle with getting signed up, I finally succeeded. So here I am for the first time. Congrats to all who've been successful so far. It's all by God's grace and we thank Him.
I'm due for my first (and hopefully the only)interview with my family on 25Sep2009. My case number is 66***, and I'd appreciate some advice: As the Pricipal Applicant, I have my police cert. But do my spouse and children need to have that too? Thanks in advance.

Anyone above the age of 16 years included in your application must have a police certificate from any country where they have previously lived.

The medical is compulsory for all applicant and their dependants.

Hello Friends, I got all my documents ready to relocate to USA. Thus, am a family man and I want to leave 2wks before my family join me and also, my point of entry is TEXAS.

My question is....... can I leave to Texas while my family fly direct to minnesota?

I need your opinions.

Regards

Godblesschuks

Hello Friends, I got all my documents ready to relocate to USA. Thus, am a family man and I want to leave 2wks before my family join me and also, my point of entry is TEXAS.

My question is....... can I leave to Texas while my family fly direct to minnesota?

I need your opinions.

Regards

Godblesschuks

Once you activate the GC, your dependants can come anytime and to any state within the 6 months validity of their visa.

so so sorry guys i have been away for some time now,but good to be back anyways.i had to sought out a few things outside town...By His Grace,i picked up my visa on the 7th august and am soo grateful to God. am looking at travelling late next month.All the best to all those yet to go for their interviews for DV2009 and all DV2010 winners.will always try to be around to share my thoughts.Just remember the good lord that has broght you this far will surely see you through to the end.AMEN

You definitely can have your CP in Milan,Italy.I wish you all the best in your preparations

Hi,
Am a Ghanaian and has been selected for further processing for the DV2010,my case number is AF00014***. I have a problem. I am a student at the university in my third year and will be graduating in June 2011. For all I know the DV lottery gives permanent resident status in the USA. If am granted the green card would that mean I would have to forgo my education. Can I also complete my university education before moving to the US.What are my options? Someone should please help.

I wrote the Private SSCE in 2006.Like I said earlier am a 3rd year student at uni. I have received the statement of results(provisional results) from WAEC but have not yet received my Certificate. I made inquiries at WAEC and was told my Certificate would be ready 4 years after taking the examinations, which means I might get my cert somewhere in 2010 or 2011. Can I therefore use the statement of results or what do I do

I have another issue. From the current visa bulletin it looks like I might become current in November. my number is Af000140**. I hear when the interview is successful you will be given a six months visa. Which means I might have up until May to leave the country. My uni also vacates around the first week in July. Now my question is can the 6months visa be post dated so that it expires around the ending of July or do I have to request a change of date when my interview is due in November.

I have another issue. From the current visa bulletin it looks like I might become current in November. my number is Af000140**. I hear when the interview is successful you will be given a six months visa. Which means I might have up until May to leave the country. My uni also vacates around the first week in July. Now my question is can the 6months visa be post dated so that it expires around the ending of July or do I have to request a change of date when my interview is due in November.

I think the best thing to do is to reschedule the interview to around feb or march so that you can complete your studies before your visa expires. When your number becomes current and have receive your interview date, you can contact the Embassy to reschedule your interview for you.

Hi,
Am a Ghanaian and has been selected for further processing for the DV2010,my case number is AF00014***. I have a problem. I am a student at the university in my third year and will be graduating in June 2011. For all I know the DV lottery gives permanent resident status in the USA. If am granted the green card would that mean I would have to forgo my education. Can I also complete my university education before moving to the US.What are my options? Someone should please help.
No you dont have to forfeit your education.What you have to do is to go for your interview when you become current by Nov or Dec,and travel during the vacations in Dec.your green card and SSN would be delivered before school re-opens.You can come back to school after you have received your GC and SSN.You only have to make sure you go there on vacations till you graduate.hope this helps

I wrote the Private SSCE in 2006.Like I said earlier am a 3rd year student at uni. I have received the statement of results(provisional results) from WAEC but have not yet received my Certificate. I made inquiries at WAEC and was told my Certificate would be ready 4 years after taking the examinations, which means I might get my cert somewhere in 2010 or 2011. Can I therefore use the statement of results or what do I do
i dont really know much about private WAEC,but i believe you just need to submit your results slip and the embassy would make their verifications if they so wish

The visa expires within six months,thats right.But as i said earlier on,you just need to travel within the six months and receive your GC and SSN,after which there is no expiration date.The only thing is that,you dont have to be out of the US for more than six months at a certain point in time.hope this helps.All the best