• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

Hi All,

Let me first apologize for my inability to touch base with you since i got to the states. Today, 2nd Aug, 2010 is exactly my 1 yr of stay in the USA. It has not been easy but the Lord has always been faithful. Most of us arrived at a time the US economy was begging for support. Most jobs did not hire, even if they did it was either part time or seasonal (this could be for a month or two)

I had my social security card in two weeks and green card in a month (had these two docs in one month)
Was employed by the world's largest home improvement company as a seasonal associate from Sept - Dec 2009. I did work hard and they rehired me full time (permanent) Feb this year. The pay is good. I have a lot of hours including overtime. Stayed with my host for one month, later joined 3 other colleagues to rent a 4 bedroom house. In June this year i moved on to rent my own one bedroom apartment. It's a beautiful place and I love it.

Preparing to write my GMAT soon and go to graduate school. This is how far the LORD has brought me.
To all who are yet to receive their visas, know that we serve a LIVING GOD and impossible certainly is not and cannot be the WORD! Our God reigns!!!.
[/QUOTE]

Kwame,

You couldn't have said it better than this " we serve a LIVING GOD and impossible certainly is not and cannot be the WORD" indeed our God reigns!
I read your post at 5am GMT and couldn't sleep again. Thank you for sharing your expirence with us, i know this will go a long way to give some of us confidence regardless of the current economic condition.
Just to be sure did you go to the social security office to apply for your card or it came automatic as a result of your ticking in the visa application forms.

By checking the box means you should have the SSC sent directly to your address. But i've heard people say this is not the case in reality(unconfirmed though) I went to the social security office to apply, i had it within two weeks.