• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 winners from Ghana meet here

Hi Nanaagyeman
I am in a private uni and we go on holidays in February and in July. The holidays in February normally last up to a month and that of July up to three months. from some of the threads I have read it takes about 2 months to get the Green card once you land in the USA. That's why I was considering going during the July holidays. Please advice me on this.

I think the best thing to do is to reschedule the interview to around feb or march so that you can complete your studies before your visa expires. When your number becomes current and have receive your interview date, you can contact the Embassy to reschedule your interview for you.

Hi Ammeck09
Thanks for the response.Your advice has been taken in good faith.

I have another issue. From the current visa bulletin it looks like I might become current in November. my number is Af000140**. I hear when the interview is successful you will be given a six months visa. Which means I might have up until May to leave the country. My uni also vacates around the first week in July. Now my question is can the 6months visa be post dated so that it expires around the ending of July or do I have to request a change of date when my interview is due in November.
The visa expires within six months,thats right.But as i said earlier on,you just need to travel within the six months and receive your GC and SSN,after which there is no expiration date.The only thing is that,you dont have to be out of the US for more than six months at a certain point in time.hope this helps.All the best

The visa expires within six months,thats right.But as i said earlier on,you just need to travel within the six months and receive your GC and SSN,after which there is no expiration date.The only thing is that,you dont have to be out of the US for more than six months at a certain point in time.hope this helps.All the best

Thanks

Hi Nanaagyeman
I am in a private uni and we go on holidays in February and in July. The holidays in February normally last up to a month and that of July up to three months. from some of the threads I have read it takes about 2 months to get the Green card once you land in the USA. That's why I was considering going during the July holidays. Please advice me on this.
Oh ok,thats fine then.i suggest you write to the Accra embassy to reshedule your interview when your number becomes current.hopefully,you will get a date in around feb or march so that you can travel during the long vac.

Hi
I sent a mail to KCC trying to confirm if my forms has been delivered and are being processed. The sent me a reply saying

Thank you for your inquiry.
Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow two to four weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.

It's been over 2 months since I submitted my forms. I forgot to write my case number on upper right hand corner on each form. Does anyone think this might have caused the delay in my forms being processed.

Hi
I sent a mail to KCC trying to confirm if my forms has been delivered and are being processed. The sent me a reply saying

Due to the large volume of mail processed at KCC on a daily basis, confirmation of receiving your correspondence may not be feasible at this time. If you have submitted your forms, please allow two to four weeks after the mailing of your forms before inquiring about delivery confirmation. If you have not submitted your forms, please do so to ensure that your case can begin processing. Mail is processed in the order of the date received, thus the importance of submitting your forms in a timely manner.

It's been over 2 months since I submitted my forms. I forgot to write my case number on upper right hand corner on each form. Does anyone think this might have caused the delay in my forms being processed.

If you are really anxious to know, then you will have to call kcc

I sent KCC another mail yeasterday and they sent me this reply today.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Interviews for the DV 2010 program will begin in October 2009 and conclude on September 30, 2010. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2009, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122.

I sent KCC another mail yeasterday and they sent me this reply today.

Your forms have been received and are acceptable for the continuation of your visa processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to locate the current numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.
Interviews for the DV 2010 program will begin in October 2009 and conclude on September 30, 2010. KCC cannot provide information as to when an interview date may become available for your case. Appointments are scheduled numerically according to assigned case numbers. The Department of State designates how many interviews will be scheduled each month according to visa availability. After August 15, 2009, you may refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov for the list of current numbers being processed. This information is updated on the 15th day of each month thereafter. If you are scheduled for an interview, KCC will send a notification letter via the address you provided on question three of the DSP 122.

I hope you can now relax and wait for your 2nd letter.

Hello my "Seniors" in DV processing. Two other questions please: I am the PA and I intend to travel with my spouse and children. My sponsor was wondering if it was necessary to fill another Form I-134 for spouse and children. I told him one Form I-134, filled with all our details is all that's required. Am I right?

The other issue is, a relation (also DV)has been to a 1st interview where the relation was given a blue sheet requesting for some additional documents. Then there was a 2nd interview and was given a white sheet with a new appointment date for a third interview. No other document was required. They only underlined "Administrative processing" What does this mean please? Thanks again in advance.

Hello my "Seniors" in DV processing. Two other questions please: I am the PA and I intend to travel with my spouse and children. My sponsor was wondering if it was necessary to fill another Form I-134 for spouse and children. I told him one Form I-134, filled with all our details is all that's required. Am I right?

Hi,

In regards to the I-34 question, you only need one form for the whole family.

According to KCC, you need one completed I-134 for each person on the application, but I know some people who used only one affidafit for the whole family.

The other issue is, a relation (also DV)has been to a 1st interview where the relation was given a blue sheet requesting for some additional documents. Then there was a 2nd interview and was given a white sheet with a new appointment date for a third interview. No other document was required. They only underlined "Administrative processing" What does this mean please? Thanks again in advance.
They are still not clear about something, so they needed more time to do their investigation.

Hi all.
The Lord has done it again! After the long wait, because of our case number (2009AF00066***), we have been successful and we expect to pick up our visas on Friday. Indeed, our earlier scheduled appointment was rescheduled and I received the (3rd) letter a day before the appointment date. What it took to raise the money for the whole family (GHC4,650.00) will forever remain a testimony of faith.

Anyway, we went for the first interview without one medical report and a police certificate. All they sought to do at this interview was establish the relationships. They must have been satisfied with our answers. So we were given a date to return with the outstanding documents.

At the second interview, the officer only asked for the passports and requested documents, asked if I had brought every other document, as he went through my file. I said yes. Then said, "ok, you may come back on Friday to pick up your visas.". and handed me the blue slip with "Visa Collection Ticket" written on it. That was a sweet end to a year of anxiety! And I'm grateful to God for that.

So, here is encouragement for all those with high case numbers like me: don't be discouraged. Just be ready with all your documents, even if your 2nd letter has delayed. Don't wait for it before you get your documents because you may only have one week to show up at the window for your interview. I'm sure you don't want to put yourself under that kind of pressure.
All the best, people. And thanks to all you who contribute to this forum. God bless. Meantime, I'm getting my bags packed...

Hi all.
The Lord has done it again! After the long wait, because of our case number (2009AF00066***), we have been successful and we expect to pick up our visas on Friday. Indeed, our earlier scheduled appointment was rescheduled and I received the (3rd) letter a day before the appointment date. What it took to raise the money for the whole family (GHC4,650.00) will forever remain a testimony of faith.

Anyway, we went for the first interview without one medical report and a police certificate. All they sought to do at this interview was establish the relationships. They must have been satisfied with our answers. So we were given a date to return with the outstanding documents.

At the second interview, the officer only asked for the passports and requested documents, asked if I had brought every other document, as he went through my file. I said yes. Then said, "ok, you may come back on Friday to pick up your visas.". and handed me the blue slip with "Visa Collection Ticket" written on it. That was a sweet end to a year of anxiety! And I'm grateful to God for that.

So, here is encouragement for all those with high case numbers like me: don't be discouraged. Just be ready with all your documents, even if your 2nd letter has delayed. Don't wait for it before you get your documents because you may only have one week to show up at the window for your interview. I'm sure you don't want to put yourself under that kind of pressure.
All the best, people. And thanks to all you who contribute to this forum. God bless. Meantime, I'm getting my bags packed...

I'm really happy for you and your family. I know in the end you will prevail. Thanks be to God, I'm certain He will take you through the rest of the journey.

Hi I am a winner of 2011 dv lottery but I really don’t know how to start the process. I had my letter from kcc as far back as May 11. Please advice me if it’s too late and the number is 2011AF00029XXX. I have read a lot from this site and I will be please if I could meet one on one with ammeck09 or anyone who is willing to help. Please can someone give me the site to check on my number? thankx

Hi I am a winner of 2011 dv lottery but I really don’t know how to start the process. I had my letter from kcc as far back as May 11. Please advice me if it’s too late and the number is 2011AF00029XXX. I have read a lot from this site and I will be please if I could meet one on one with ammeck09 or anyone who is willing to help. Please can someone give me the site to check on my number? thankx

Hi man,

Please check the 2010 and 2011 Ghana thread and you will get more information. To start with, download the visa application form from the website that was stated in your notification letter asap. Kindly fill them and add your bar code and 2*2inch passport size picture(2 copies) to and post to KCC. Looking at your number, it's likely you will be current in Feb or March 2010 so do well to send the forms asap. Also when posting, use EMS and not the normal post. All the best and congrats.

thanks alexee
I wonder how Lutherosei couldn't post in either dv-2010 or 2011 but rather uprooted dv2009 from the archives.

Hi all.

Your signature and your testimony imparts some faith, hope and assurance in me. Looking at your signature my CN is very close to your CN in 2009. It means I have a chance to appear before the CO to defend my case. God richly bless you for posting this.

Hi All,

Let me first apologize for my inability to touch base with you since i got to the states. Today, 2nd Aug, 2010 is exactly my 1 yr of stay in the USA. It has not been easy but the Lord has always been faithful. Most of us arrived at a time the US economy was begging for support. Most jobs did not hire, even if they did it was either part time or seasonal (this could be for a month or two)

I had my social security card in two weeks and green card in a month (had these two docs in one month)
Was employed by the world's largest home improvement company as a seasonal associate from Sept - Dec 2009. I did work hard and they rehired me full time (permanent) Feb this year. The pay is good. I have a lot of hours including overtime. Stayed with my host for one month, later joined 3 other colleagues to rent a 4 bedroom house. In June this year i moved on to rent my own one bedroom apartment. It's a beautiful place and I love it.

Preparing to write my GMAT soon and go to graduate school. This is how far the LORD has brought me.
To all who are yet to receive their visas, know that we serve a LIVING GOD and impossible certainly is not and cannot be the WORD! Our God reigns!!!.

CN#2009AF00019***
NL 5/5/08
Sent forms by fedex 26/5/08
Delivery date 28/5/08
Awaiting 2NL
Started police report & Medicals 2/01/09
Collected police report 7/01/09
2nd letter received 10/01/09
Med ready last week in Jan, but collection date was 5/2/09
Successful interview 12/2/09, 2007 IRS Transcript requested.
Submitted tax returns on 18/2/09, W-2 requested
Submitted W-2 on 4/3/09
W-2 accepted, visa collection date - 13th March
VISA COLLECTED - Friday, 13th March 2009
To God Alone be ALL Glory![/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator: