• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009 Winners from EUROPE

medical exam in Prague

Interesting (not new) information about medical examination in Prague. There are three doctors listed in 2nd NL, but definitly: Dr Klezlova is abroad so Poliklinika Narodni and Health Clinic are only choices. It is strange.. I have read in older post (posted 2,3, 4 years ago) on other forums that one doctor (Klezlova) listed in KCC 2nd NL is away. Why they give contact to her again and again every year? Even information about charge for medical is not clear, I got another info than other winner from Slovakia (I have called he has wrote an email). Hospital Narodni provides info about two charges: It is 2500CZK/100.44 EUR with own RTG or 3300CZK/132.58EUR with own RTG. We will see the truth soon. Health clinic is almost 2x more expensive, maybe more pro.
aktualization: Charge for Medical exam in Narodni Trida is 3300 czk/132.58EUR - it is 2500 + 800 fo HIV test

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I want to say this, you guys are doing a very good job. I'm really happy the way nigerians are discussing issues concerning.This is what we need to build our nation and help our neighbours. I will like to draw our attention further, there are lots of people out there that have various issues and they look for answer from people that have similiar experience.
Please Like we all know that this forum is mainly for immigration,visa and lottery. But there are other areas in our life that need a great change.
Lot of people are out there that looking for advice on health , education. business etc. For this purpose www.gumnigerians.com is created to give nigerians the great priviledge to dicuss about issues affect people, industries, religions and the nation herself. I will encourage every great participants in this forum to join and build a forum where nigerians can get answer for their problems.
Please take few minutes to visit the site and click on any image to get to the forum and please feel free to add any question and reply to any post.
Together we can make great Nation

Interesting (not new) information about medical examination in Prague. There are three doctors listed in 2nd NL, but definitly: Dr Klezlova is abroad so Poliklinika Narodni and Health Clinic are only choices. It is strange.. I have read in older post (posted 2,3, 4 years ago) on other forums that one doctor (Klezlova) listed in KCC 2nd NL is away. Why they give contact to her again and again every year? Even information about charge for medical is not clear, I got another info than other winner from Slovakia (I have called he has wrote an email). Hospital Narodni provides info about two charges: It is 2500CZK/100.44 EUR with own RTG or 3300CZK/132.58EUR with own RTG. We will see the truth soon. Health clinic is almost 2x more expensive, maybe more pro.

Did you know which vaccinations you had to get since the Department of State has posted new requirements on here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html ?

Thanks

Two years home residence requirment-HELP

I am an Egyptian study in italy. I am currently in US with a J1 exchange visitor visa. The US embassy in italy surprised me when called to schedule an interview in Dec, which is making me in rush of time. MY MAIN CONCERN, is that i am subjected to the (212e) two years home residence requirement due to international fund. I have applied for the waiver at the department of state on Aug under the ground of no objection statement. My status still pending because they didn’t receive yet the No objection statement from my home country embassy in Washington. Do you guys think that i still can get the approval for my visa, or i need to get my waiver first ?
what if i must get the waiver first, can i reschedule my interview ?
please help me
Thank you in advance

I am an Egyptian study in italy. I am currently in US with a J1 exchange visitor visa. The US embassy in italy surprised me when called to schedule an interview in Dec, which is making me in rush of time. MY MAIN CONCERN, is that i am subjected to the (212e) two years home residence requirement due to international fund. I have applied for the waiver at the department of state on Aug under the ground of no objection statement. My status still pending because they didn’t receive yet the No objection statement from my home country embassy in Washington. Do you guys think that i still can get the approval for my visa, or i need to get my waiver first ?
what if i must get the waiver first, can i reschedule my interview ?
please help me
Thank you in advance

Hi Sherif,

I am in the same predicament. I am no longer on J1 but I sent my old 2002 IAP-66 for opinion to the Dept of State whether I am subject to the 212e home residency requirement and so far I have gotten no answer.

I am not sure what I would do in your situation. First call your Egyptian embassy in DC and ask to speak to the ambassador and see if you can get ts straightened out.

Then call the Dept of State on http://169.253.2.79/ and call Public Inquiries at 202-663-1225.

Then call the US embassy in Italy asking for post-ponment of the interview as you are very unlikely to get the DV visa without the waiver.

Interview in Montreal for European candidate

Hello all,

I had my interview in Montreal on Nov. 7.

Everything happened just as described on the forum: I handed over the documents, payed, and waited for the interview.

Regarding the fee: they have a very bad exchange rate, even if you pay with a credit card. I thought they would charge in US $ and let the credit card company convert the currency. However, they charge in local currency using their ridiculous exchange rate - probably they want to make a nice profit from this.

The interview was really easy - the officer asked only 3 questions, and I answered "yes" to all of them. He didn't want detailed responses, and was happy just with yes, although I tried to give a little more details.
The questions were:
- have you ever been to the US before?
- do you intend to go to California first (the address that I want my GC delivered to)?
- have you ever been arrested?

As I mentioned, he was happy with short answers.
Then, he said everything looks OK, and they will give me the visa, but they can stamp it only in my Canadian passport, which I didn't have with me.
When I sent my forms in May, I didn't have a Canadian passport, and I went through a lot of trouble to renew my European passport. Meanwhile, I became a Canadian citizen. I went to the interview with my European passport only, and they didn't want to stamp the visa in it. They asked me to send my Canadian passport, and they will put the DV visa in it.

My advice to people going to interview in Montreal:
- don't pay with credit card or CAD, pay with $ US in cash
- if you have dual citizenship, you MUST bring your Canadian passport

Good luck to all!

Did you know which vaccinations you had to get since the Department of State has posted new requirements on here http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html ?

Thanks

"Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations of immigrant visa applicants are required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met the vaccination requirements, or that it is medically inappropriate for the visa applicant to receive one or more of the listed vaccinations"

My number might become current in May, June 2009. When should I get the sponsorship form filled in? Could it be in December 2008? Basically how many months in advance should I have it complete? How old the form could be?

Thank you very much. Still didn't ge the second package. The number is pretty high, 2009EU00023xxx.

I am in Esotnia. Does anybody knows what country should I go for an inreview and physical? Maybe Finland?
Thaks.

My number might become current in May, June 2009. When should I get the sponsorship form filled in? Could it be in December 2008? Basically how many months in advance should I have it complete? How old the form could be?

Thank you very much. Still didn't ge the second package. The number is pretty high, 2009EU00023xxx.

I am in Esotnia. Does anybody knows what country should I go for an inreview and physical? Maybe Finland?
Thaks.

I dont know much about how old form should be. If you want affidavid, important is the person who will fill in. So if you know someone, you are cool and you have time to manage it then. I have interview on December 23 and affidavid will be sent to me next week. And it is not clear if they need it.
As I see on site of Estonian embassy, processing of U.S. immigrant in Helsinki is being phased out, so you have chance to make interview home. My embassy in Bratislava does not process immigrant visas, so I have to travel to Prague.
23xxx may be high, but I heard about succesfull winners with higher numbers than this.

what about europe?

No new experiences or winners from Europe? I know one other Slovak with family that has interview on january 8. I will know everything possible about interview in Prague then - including experience of almost all ages.

change of date for interview

As I first saw the date of interview for my family in Prague - 23 december - I knew it would be problem. Not from my side - I did everything neccesary to make it. But today (18 December) we had call from embassy. They are sorry but they got "technical pause" or something stupid like this. I am angry now, It seems same like in comunism. I hope that techical problem is not about christmas shopping (hah) - I had train tickets, accomodation, and everything AND THEY ARE SORRY. I was able to travel through whole former Czechoslovakia with two kids, but in Prague, they have holidays. What is the worst, I have to stay calm now. So I just write here to be cool. And I am happy they were so nice and call me three days before travel. I was asking three times if the date is ok. So just about communication with embassy in Prague.

Judgement day

I had my interview tuesday the 23rd of december and it went very well.

Appointment was scheduled for 1PM at the Paris consulate. I was there at 12:30pm but the gates open at 12:45pm. I waited 15 mn and they called my number for the first time and I went and paid the $775.
Then I waited 30 min before they called me again. A french woman asked me to give her a couple of documents: passport, birth certificate, police records, 1 picture, chronopost enveloppe, diplomas, medical enveloppe, notified letter of employment. Since I am already working in the US under a J1 visa she didn't asked for an affidavit of support (sponsorship). I had all financial documents ready but only my letter of employment was necessary. Then I waited another 15mn and I talked to an english speaking woman who asked me only one question: "what are you doing in the US?" She told me that my interview was positive and I should receive my passport very soon.
I spent 1:30H total at the US consulate.

Today, december 26 I received my passport in the mail with the holy stamp in it. looks like it was not so bad after all having my interview so late into the year.:)

I had my interview tuesday the 23rd of december and it went very well.

Appointment was scheduled for 1PM at the Paris consulate. I was there at 12:30pm but the gates open at 12:45pm. I waited 15 mn and they called my number for the first time and I went and paid the $775.
Then I waited 30 min before they called me again. A french woman asked me to give her a couple of documents: passport, birth certificate, police records, 1 picture, chronopost enveloppe, diplomas, medical enveloppe, notified letter of employment. Since I am already working in the US under a J1 visa she didn't asked for an affidavit of support (sponsorship). I had all financial documents ready but only my letter of employment was necessary. Then I waited another 15mn and I talked to an english speaking woman who asked me only one question: "what are you doing in the US?" She told me that my interview was positive and I should receive my passport very soon.
I spent 1:30H total at the US consulate.

Today, december 26 I received my passport in the mail with the holy stamp in it. looks like it was not so bad after all having my interview so late into the year.:)

Congrats kenjidnb :)

Interview experience in Prague

I arrived from Prague yesterday. We were two families there. So just briefly:

Dr. Benes is absolutely OK (so the information that he is kind of bad guy is definitly NOT TRUE). Medical examination takes 1 hour for 4-members family, and they are pros. Results were ready instantly. It is not true they dont accept Slovak dokumentation. It is important to have properly prepared vaccination records (photocopy of page with vaccinations from personal health card is OK). If some of vaccination is missing, they will do - not for free of course. It is not hard to find Dr Benes, just look for adress, not policlinics (Poliklinika na Narodni ) - actually, it is not classic policlinic (office I would say), they just call it so.

Interview on embassy is not big problem. Arrive on time (no need to hurry - security wont let you in if you will arrive earlier). We spent some 2 and half hour there (two families) - but it is not so bad. We got 5 children there and we made it - free internet, magazines, books (for little kids water automat - pushing the button for an hour may be big fun :))
If you are prepared - I mean papers and everything - you mainly just wait. Interview itself is short. My wife answered one question, other family some three questions (czech language ok). The lady there is nice so dont have stress.

And that is all. Visas were next day (I think it could be that day if we had interview morning).

Congratulations, I am looking forward to deal with that doctor then and hopefully the embassy staff will be as nice as they were to you.