• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2009 Winners from EUROPE

How many days did it take to get the response from KCC

How many days did it take him (or you) to get the response from KCC? I have mailed to KCC too, because my CN is current on October 2008. Five days have past and I have no response yet, only the automated generated message that my inquiry was received. What do you suggest me?

Thank you and good luck

NL sent from KCC on 8 April 2009
NL received on 25 April 2009
CN EU00001xxx
Application mailed back on 9 May 2009
Delivered confirmation from KCC
Wating for 2d package

Many thanks to all people of this forum

Thank you ivanmladek!
As a coincidence I just today received the E-Mail response from KCC. My interview is scheduled on 30 October 2008.A notification letter was sent to me on August 28, 2008.
Thanks to all people of this forum for their help and good luck to all of them.

CN EU00001xxx
Wating for 2d package

Hi everyone
I have received the first package from KCC on 3 June 2008 and sent forms back on 9 June 2008.
My case no. is 2009EU00003***
When to expect the second package from embassy? How can I deduct this date from my case number?
TIA

Hi everyone
I have received the first package from KCC on 3 June 2008 and sent forms back on 9 June 2008.
My case no. is 2009EU00003***
When to expect the second package from embassy? How can I deduct this date from my case number?
TIA

Why don't you call KCC and ask them if they have an interview date for you. Saves all the worry. Good luck:)

Affidavit of Support not mentioned at all

My 2d packing arrived yesterday. Mostly details on medicals exam is new in compare with 1st letters. As for Affidavit of Support that all people in this forum have discussed widely, it is not mentioned at all.
Greeting to all of you!

CN EU00001xxx
2d package sent from KCC on 28 August 2008
2d package received on 9 September 2008
Interview date on 30 October 2008

Thats true, thanks for the advice. I think I'll just leave it as is then and just explain it to them if it comes up.

About the education / employment side of things, do you think I'll have any problem with that side of things?

Thanks again :)

Hi Kingweasel,
My last name in the birth certificate also different with my passport. In my passport I have the additional letter "H". What I did back in Australia was to get a certificate from the BDM registry that can proof that the person whose surname is xxxx and xxHx is the same person which is me. You will be fine I'm sure, the officer didnt even check that thorough when he approved my GC.

Hope that helps..

Hi Kingweasel,
My last name in the birth certificate also different with my passport. In my passport I have the additional letter "H". What I did back in Australia was to get a certificate from the BDM registry that can proof that the person whose surname is xxxx and xxHx is the same person which is me. You will be fine I'm sure, the officer didnt even check that thorough when he approved my GC.

Hope that helps..

Hi Glistenpearls,

Thanks for that. This particular thing is really worrying me having read up on it a bit. Do you mean you got your birth cert reissued with the BDM registry with the correct spelling on it? Or just a cert to say that xxxx and xxHx are the same person and used your original... birth cert?

Thanks again for the reply :)

^^ Nope, nothing change in my birth certificate, it is still with the wrong spelling to date. They issued me a certificate that explain name in my BC, and name in passport = me. Lastly, at the end of the certificate it explained the name that I want to use from now on (and I have elected for the name in my passport to be used). It is a pain in the butt in a way, because I have to keep enclosing the certificate every time ppl asked me to show both BC and passport--but so far no problem caused by using the certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Nope, nothing change in my birth certificate, it is still with the wrong spelling to date. They issued me a certificate that explain name in my BC, and name in passport = me. Lastly, at the end of the certificate it explained the name that I want to use from now on (and I have elected for the name in my passport to be used). It is a pain in the butt in a way, because I have to keep enclosing the certificate every time ppl asked me to show both BC and passport--but so far no problem caused by using the certificate.

Interesting. I'll have to look into getting such a certificate to explain this incase it becomes an issue and to just ease my worry.

I'm EU00014xxx so judging by the bulletins from the last few years I'm guessing my interview should be some time around February or March, do you this this is accurate?

Thanks again Glistenpearls for explaining about the certificate :)

Hi

Could you please tell us where is your second package posted from ?(the stamp on envelope)

Also do we need the 2nd package in order to start medicals ? is there any form in it ?

Thanks
Hossein

Hi

Could you please tell us where is your second package posted from ?(the stamp on envelope)

As far as I know from reading through various posts on this forum the second package comes from the KCC and also informs you that your case has been sent to your local US embassy, the one you chose for your interview.

Hope that helps a bit :)

Chao hossein

2d package comes from Kentucky Consular Center 3505 N. Highway 25W Williamsburg, Ky 40769. It comes through Sweden, a stamp on the envelope show that. Maybe this is for European countries only.
As for medical exam you can do nothing without second letters. First because they include a special form you have to fill it and second because you can’t see the doctor earlier than two weeks before the interview day.

CN EU00001xxx
2d package received on 8 September 2008

2d package comes from Kentucky Consular Center 3505 N. Highway 25W Williamsburg, Ky 40769. It comes through Sweden, a stamp on the envelope show that. Maybe this is for European countries only.
As for medical exam you can do nothing without second letters. First because they include a special form you have to fill it and second because you can’t see the doctor earlier than two weeks before the interview day.

CN EU00001xxx
2d package received on 8 September 2008

It is not true. I did my the medical examination after i received my first package because i had the same form in first package as i have in the second one. I called US embassy in Brussels and asked for how long the medical examination result is valid and they said for one year! (if no serious sickness happens in between)...So you can do it months before your interview:)

Hi everybody!

I've just found this thread and read it through. Very helpfull.

Can anybody tell me what are my chances?
Is my number current? I couldn't figure out the cut of thing.
How much money is enough on my bank account to gualify me for the visa without sponsorship or job offer? I am 27 and single.

2009EU00023xxx, close to 24xxx.
County of origin - Estonia.

Thank you.