• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

oh my GOD ! this is really bad. this shows no naija winner is current in september or what?
aywire, 4real4u, livewire007 is gud to have u guyz on board wit us.
on behalf of my humble self and d rest of d members here, we want 2 say thank u.
await my testimony, am on my way 2 lagos to start my medical and police report.
kamorass number is not going 01- 2612799

Lucky you. I wish you a successful interview.

thank you very much for your informations . I said it because the medical test and the fees for 2 persons are too expensive .

u can go without ur wife but u have little chance of success and if u do this meaning u will separated frm ur wife for solid 5yrs b4 ur wife can come and join u.

This is a sad news and difficult to believe. It shows more Nigerians are moving into the US.

I urge everybody expecting 2nd letter to expedite it by mailing and calling kcc to send it to them by email before they say visas are no longer available and they will stylishly collect ya money by inviting you for an interview just to be denied based on frivolous reasons.

Now, we've come to the end of 2009 fiscal year and i wish everybody that got the visa a happy stay in the USA and those coming behind good luck with there interview.

Byeeeeeeeeeee

Please i am yet to understand you guys.Is is the case that they are not going to call those whose case numbers are higher than 15650 for interview?

please can somebody explain this to me.The 6006 for nigeria in the column,is it the number of persons selected for further processing in nigeria for 2010? Or the number from nigeria that registered during the EDV.

The following is the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2010 program:

AFRICA

ALGERIA 1,957 ETHIOPIA 5,200 NIGER 56
ANGOLA 46 GABON 19 NIGERIA 6,006
BENIN 369 GAMBIA, THE 108 RWANDA 178
BOTSWANA 23 GHANA 8,752 SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE 0
BURKINA FASO 184 GUINEA 737 SENEGAL 520
BURUNDI 83 GUINEA-BISSAU 8 SEYCHELLES 4
CAMEROON 3,719 KENYA 4,619 SIERRA LEONE 3,898
CAPE VERDE 6 LESOTHO 2 SOMALIA 229
CENTRAL AFRICAN REP. 20 LIBERIA 2,172 SOUTH AFRICA 863
CHAD 27 LIBYA 152 SUDAN 1,084
COMOROS 9 MADAGASCAR 31 SWAZILAND 11
CONGO 92 MALAWI 50 TANZANIA 221
CONGO, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE 1,817 MALI 129 TOGO 827
COTE D'IVOIRE 658 MAURITANIA 20 TUNISIA 164
DJIBOUTI 33 MAURITIUS 78 UGANDA 396
EGYPT 4,201 MOROCCO 3,124 WESTERN SAHARA 0
EQUATORIAL GUINEA 15 MOZAMBIQUE 8 ZAMBIA 93
ERITREA 799 NAMIBIA 16 ZIMBABWE 170

Please i am yet to understand you guys.Is is the case that they are not going to call those whose case numbers are higher than 15650 for interview?

Am afraid to say YES that is exactly what it means. I cannot but commesurate with those that did not make, LIFE!

Last edited by a moderator:
please can somebody explain this to me.The 6006 for nigeria in the column,is it the number of persons selected for further processing in nigeria for 2010? Or the number from nigeria that registered during the EDV.

The following is the statistical breakdown by foreign-state chargeability of those registered for the DV-2010 program:

AFRICA

ALGERIA 1,957 ETHIOPIA 5,200 NIGER 56
ANGOLA 46 GABON 19 NIGERIA 6,006
BENIN 369 GAMBIA, THE 108 RWANDA 178
BOTSWANA 23 GHANA 8,752 SAO TOME AND PRINCIPE 0
BURKINA FASO 184 GUINEA 737 SENEGAL 520
BURUNDI 83 GUINEA-BISSAU 8 SEYCHELLES 4
CAMEROON 3,719 KENYA 4,619 SIERRA LEONE 3,898
CAPE VERDE 6 LESOTHO 2 SOMALIA 229
CENTRAL AFRICAN REP. 20 LIBERIA 2,172 SOUTH AFRICA 863
CHAD 27 LIBYA 152 SUDAN 1,084
COMOROS 9 MADAGASCAR 31 SWAZILAND 11
CONGO 92 MALAWI 50 TANZANIA 221
CONGO, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE 1,817 MALI 129 TOGO 827
COTE D'IVOIRE 658 MAURITANIA 20 TUNISIA 164
DJIBOUTI 33 MAURITIUS 78 UGANDA 396
EGYPT 4,201 MOROCCO 3,124 WESTERN SAHARA 0
EQUATORIAL GUINEA 15 MOZAMBIQUE 8 ZAMBIA 93
ERITREA 799 NAMIBIA 16 ZIMBABWE 170

My brother you are right again, 6006 of us Nigerians were selected out of all the several thousands if not millions application received from 9ja for further processing in the DV-2010 Program

It is well

4real4u, hi
my interview is 4th august.

In Nigeria August signifies a visitation of importance, as we use to say 'AUGUST VISITOR',that your interview is schedule for August means God will visit you, when you turn up that day Heaven will have gone b4 u with favour,my brother it is well,:).

Gasper2000, you shouldn't give yourself a cardiac arrest. The september visa bulletin is actually very good for Nigerian selectees for DV-2009 b/c all African CNs [including all Nigerian selectees], with the exception of Egyptian & Ethiopian selectees, are gonna be 'current' in September. In sum, irrespective of the case numbers, all Nigerians are gonna be scheduled for an interview come sptember 2009. Whether your CN is 2009AF00015650 or 2009AF00060xxx or higher, every Nigerian or African selectee, except for Egypt & Ethiopia who have their own cut-offs for september, are certainly gonna be interviewed.
So folks, start getting your documents together in view of the impending interview in september. I wish y'all Godspeed.

4real4u, hi
my interview is 4th august.

Bammy, my guy. I wish you the very best during your interview on the 4th of august. You're gonna depart the embassy/consulate with a huge smile on your smile while singing praises to the Lord. Your day of glory is at hand.
Do not forget to give the members of this honorable house an insight into what transpired during the interview.
Go in the name of the Most High. Hinge your faith on the Lord & He'll never let you down.

Thanks very much.I have a first degree.What of if i get an IT(information technology) certification before i travel to the US, would that be an advantage? And what range do you think such a person stand?

gasper 2000, am sorry for d late reply, I am not sure how IT certification would help in your Job search when you get to the US. I am not in that field. What i can say is that find out what US employers in that field is looking for and try to have those handy when looking for a job. joining Linkedin would also help in networking and preparations. You can meet people who would tell you exactly what kind of certification would be useful or if you should wait to get to the US before getting further training, so you can get a well recognized certification.

Back to matters of today, visa bulletin for September. I don't know what to think if this is good or bad news, I hope it is good news like RichieD just mentioned. Hopefully we will have people come here with case numbers higher than 15650 getting their visas in september. I really hope it is good news.

The visa bulletin also shows that 8752 people from Ghana got selected for dv 2010, why are they not shortlisted like other countries with high numbers of people winning?

Am afraid to say YES that is exactly what it means. I cannot but commesurate with those that did not make, LIFE!

i am particularly worried over it because a friend of mine's case number number is just a bit close to 157xx and is mad over the whole thing now considering how much he had put into the whole thing.

Gasper2000, you shouldn't give yourself a cardiac arrest. The september visa bulletin is actually very good for Nigerian selectees for DV-2009 b/c all African CNs [including all Nigerian selectees], with the exception of Egyptian & Ethiopian selectees, are gonna be 'current' in September. In sum, irrespective of the case numbers, all Nigerians are gonna be scheduled for an interview come sptember 2009. Whether your CN is 2009AF00015650 or 2009AF00060xxx or higher, every Nigerian or African selectee, except for Egypt & Ethiopia who have their own cut-offs for september, are certainly gonna be interviewed.
So folks, start getting your documents together in view of the impending interview in september. I wish y'all Godspeed.

I am getting confused the more because we are all having different views and interpretation about the bulletin.4real4u, livewire and Bammyrichie earlier were lamenting over the bulletin that it was a sad news.

gasper 2000, am sorry for d late reply, I am not sure how IT certification would help in your Job search when you get to the US. I am not in that field. What i can say is that find out what US employers in that field is looking for and try to have those handy when looking for a job. joining Linkedin would also help in networking and preparations. You can meet people who would tell you exactly what kind of certification would be useful or if you should wait to get to the US before getting further training, so you can get a well recognized certification.

Back to matters of today, visa bulletin for September. I don't know what to think if this is good or bad news, I hope it is good news like RichieD just mentioned. Hopefully we will have people come here with case numbers higher than 15650 getting their visas in september. I really hope it is good news.

The visa bulletin also shows that 8752 people from Ghana got selected for dv 2010, why are they not shortlisted like other countries with high numbers of people winning?

thanks for the reply.I will begin to make inquiry as regards the certification because i learnt they are well paid over there.As for the bulletin, i just hope RichieD is right.All the best.

I am getting confused the more because we are all having different views and interpretation about the bulletin.4real4u, livewire and Bammyrichie earlier were lamenting over the bulletin that it was a sad news.

Gasper2000, why are you confused ? Don't you look forward to being scheduled for an interview ? I wouldn't consider the possibility of an interview in september as something negative or sad. Better late than never. Afterall, being scheduled for an interview is a precursor to being granted a diversity immigrant visa. The fact that all Nigerian selectees are going to be given the chance to face the consular officer shouldn't be something to belly ache about. Give praises to God & go out there and try to convince the CO that you deserve a visa.
All the best.

dotman, thank u very much. i'll definately feed d entire house wit my gud news afta my interview. just keep d candle burning.
for d issue of seletee 4 sept. visa bulletin kcc knows what they are doing. it is a bad news b'cos i guess they know d number of visa still remaining for naija but b'cos they want 2use us 2 generate money so they want many 2 pay 4d visa and disqualified them base on small mistake or exuses and since it is non-refundable if deny.
i pray dat such thing will not be our portion in jesus name amen.

pls don't b discourage.
start gathering ur document togather and keep mailing kcc so as fix ur interview early and they send ur 2nd letter via ur email so as to avoid any delay. 1luv

U better call KCC cos by now u ought to have completed ur Medicals, so do not mind the amount give them a call on the number they included in ur first package which if correct should be (606) 526-7500
Good luck!

they will definetely reschedule it but my fears is that they don't give u a date close to the closing of the DV 2010 in Sept.

Hi, thanks very much for your concern. I have called them and they have sent the appointment letter to me through mail and they also asked me to go to the embassy for reschedulling. I went to the embassy on friday but I was asked to come back on Monday, is like they don't attend to the public on Friday. So i will be going there by Monday now and I just pray that the date they will give me will favour me by the special grace of God.
Thanks very much and God bless you all.