• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Does anyone know?Are the DV lottery wins still going out?Pls put me in prayers to win this year.AMEN

wuz everybody,
you guys have really being helpful, i've really gained so much from this forum. Im Yemi, i got my first NL on May 08, i sent it back within a week. i got the 2nd letter in May this year. I've completed my meds and police report. My interview date is in June, less than a week. Im actually praying now, not for myself alone but for everybody cuz all the money and the efforts we put in this should not be in vain. My only concern is my name. On my ssce certificate, my name is shortened as Yemi while on my birth certificate it is Oluyemi. would that be a problem cus I hear that those people at the embassy take those little things seriously.

wuz everybody,
you guys have really being helpful, i've really gained so much from this forum. Im Yemi, i got my first NL on May 08, i sent it back within a week. i got the 2nd letter in May this year. I've completed my meds and police report. My interview date is in June, less than a week. Im actually praying now, not for myself alone but for everybody cuz all the money and the efforts we put in this should not be in vain. My only concern is my name. On my ssce certificate, my name is shortened as Yemi while on my birth certificate it is Oluyemi. would that be a problem cus I hear that those people at the embassy take those little things seriously.

wuz everybody,

congratulation and we wish u all d best in ur interview.
as 4 d name stuff don't worry urself 2much. it's not a problem at all

Hello bammyrichie, could see you are online now.
I'm a new member and glad to be part of this. Pls help me out on this, my case will be current in July, I've not gotten my 2nd NL, please can i call or mail KCC?

Hi Guys,

i entered the US with my family yesterday, thanks to all the people who have contributed to this success and those waiting i pray that God will do.

Hi Guys,

i entered the US with my family yesterday, thanks to all the people who have contributed to this success and those waiting i pray that God will do.

congrats to you and your family.I guess you are from nigeria.Please i just have few questions to ask you.

1 in your signature you noted that kcc confirmed receipt of your mail after 2wks.Plz was is the case that you sent mail to confirm whether they received it or not because i am a dv2010 winner and have longed sent my form back to them.Is it advisable i contact kcc to know whether they have received it or not?

2 when your number became current in Feb, did you mail kcc to know whether you had been scheduled for interview even before the arrival of your second leeter?

3 i guess your you took your AOS to mean AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT, if that is the case, is it really COMPULSORY for the interview?

4 lastly, what took you so much time to leave the country since you already got your visa back in Feb?

plz explicit answers would be highly appreciated.Congrats once again.I wish you and your family happy stay in the US.

you guys have really being helpful, i've really gained so much from this forum. Im segun by name.My wife got a NL from KCC with C/N 2010AF000008XX since may 1st of may 2009.We are yet to fill the forms and return them because of some issues which we don't know how to clarify.
1. the entry was filled a friend.the friend is not too sure of the date of birth she filled if it was 23rd of dec or 24th of dec.Is there any way we can cross check this information with kcc for verification on what was actually filled.
2. on here ssce result she only made 4 papers.in addition she did a 2 year course in secretariat studies at women education model center, ministry of education Benin (a program designed to empower women).She later did a diploma course in accounting from rufus giwa polythecnic.My fear is since she did not make up to 5 credit at ssce level,we she have any problem during interview.

i have been skeptical because the fees required by them is much considering i have to pay for her, myself and our little baby hence i have been delaying in filling and returning the forms.
Any advise from the house will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

you guys have really being helpful, i've really gained so much from this forum. Im segun by name.My wife got a NL from KCC with C/N 2010AF000008XX since may 1st of may 2009.We are yet to fill the forms and return them because of some issues which we don't know how to clarify.
1. the entry was filled a friend.the friend is not too sure of the date of birth she filled if it was 23rd of dec or 24th of dec.Is there any way we can cross check this information with kcc for verification on what was actually filled.
2. on here ssce result she only made 4 papers.in addition she did a 2 year course in secretariat studies at women education model center, ministry of education Benin (a program designed to empower women).She later did a diploma course in accounting from rufus giwa polythecnic.My fear is since she did not make up to 5 credit at ssce level,we she have any problem during interview.

i have been skeptical because the fees required by them is much considering i have to pay for her, myself and our little baby hence i have been delaying in filling and returning the forms.
Any advise from the house will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

unclesege,to the best of my knowledge concerning dv lottery,the date of birth you used to apply online must be the same on the form that would be returned to kcc.you will be disqualified if there is a variance.it is an intergrity issue.
on the issue of ssce, kcc has made it clear that the basic requirement is 5 credits at ssce. all other qualification are added advantage..

unclesege,to the best of my knowledge concerning dv lottery,the date of birth you used to apply online must be the same on the form that would be returned to kcc.you will be disqualified if there is a variance.it is an intergrity issue.
on the issue of ssce, kcc has made it clear that the basic requirement is 5 credits at ssce. all other qualification are added advantage..

thanks for your response; but is it possible to find out the original date of birth that was filled in by her friend from kcc in order for us to us that date when filling the forms.also since we have ND from a polytechnic don't you think that over weights the 4 credit in ssce.thanks once again

thanks for your response; but is it possible to find out the original date of birth that was filled in by her friend from kcc in order for us to us that date when filling the forms.also since we have ND from a polytechnic don't you think that over weights the 4 credit in ssce.thanks once again

Hi,

Gbengaoosa's told you the requirements all you need do now is to see how you can work towards getting the results settled may be by registering for another exam. If you don't have WAEC which the minimum if you like have BSc i don't think it solves it 'cos you do not have the required minimum qualification.

Secondly, the date of birth is very important for you to progress and contact kcc. I'll suggest to have your way round it just send an email to kcc just to request something with one of the date of birth may be her real one 23rd or 24th, if they respond to it, it means it is the right one but if they say no info matches that, it most likely will be the second one.

Good luck with it.

Is there any difference between name check and background cheak? and in which case and how they do background cheak?

Hi,

To the best of my knowledge they are both same thing 'cos a name check cannot be done just to confirm your name but to find out what the name's been doing for sometime which to me is checking the background of that name and likewise a background check cannot be done on an anonimous name but a particular name.

The way this is done depends on what you want to use it for may be criminal records or for purchases of may be house or getting a loan. For criminal record it must be done through your local police and for purchases it must be done by the society involved may be banks/lender via experian and other credit search bodies.

I hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently received my NL which has been filled and sent back to KCC,i am therefore awaiting the second letter,my CN-2010AF00016XXX. I will be grateful to know when my second letter may come and when likely will i be call for interview,moreover is my CN high or low.many thanks in anticipation of your kind assistance and to every contributors on these thread keep up the good work, God Bless You All.

Your case no is high and you shouldn't expect anything soon. Most likely around this time next year you should be current. All you need to do now is to see what requirements they want and see if you met it or not and also try to get info prior to getting called for interview.

Relax

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello bammyrichie, could see you are online now.
I'm a new member and glad to be part of this. Pls help me out on this, my case will be current in July, I've not gotten my 2nd NL, please can i call or mail KCC?

If you don't get it exactly one month to your interview date email them and ask them to send it to you via email.

Good luck.

i am grateful for your reply 4real4u, as a matter of fact i am in the process of organising my documents,most especially WAEC & GCE results.Is it possible to combine both results meaning 5 Credits@ 2 sittings.The second issue is that i did not remmember if there was an aliases column in the EDV i filled online but in the DS form i filled in my aliases,due to the fact that i have changed my surname, although my new surname is the one i used in the EDV form, but my certificates bear my former surname,what will be your take on these? please help.