• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Hi All, I back again, though it was difficult for people like us who won the lottery but couldn't attend the interview because they did not get to our case number. Any such is life, that is why is not good to rely on some thing. I want to thank every one of you that has been a great contributor to this forum and I pray as you help others may God send helper to you. In this line I will like all that have been great contributor to please show great concerns towards other things pertaining to our country. In this view I will want this great mind to please visit this nigeria forum and post new advice to others.
The new site is www.gumnigerians.com. This is great site to discuss about what is going on in our country both at the federal level and local level. I believe together we can make nigeria proud. ("www.gumnigerians.com" click on the forum to add new post.")A

change of middle name

Good day guys, i hope u all are doing ok. i have come across similar issues in this forum, but i still want to know which line of action is safer. i changed my middle name before obtaining my degree in 2005. i won the lottery with my new middle name and all my documents except my WAEC certificate bear my new middle name. my family name and first name remain unchanged. i have an affidavit of change of name in 2005. please guys, do i need to inform kcc or should i just go for my interview with my supporting documents?:confused:
4real4u and other faithful veterans, i am counting on your wealth of knowledge. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi to everyone in d house. U guys r doing some really good work. Keep it up.
I hv 2 questions that has been bothering me
-Is the evidence of support for everyone or is it just for couples?
-I am an undergraduate but i filled high school no degree in my forms instead of high school diploma as we don't get diploma certificates in nigeria after a secondary school education.
My number is current in dec n so i need help fast.

DV Interview letter

Good day guys, i hope u all are doing ok. i have come across similar issues in this forum, but i still want to know which line of action is safer. i changed my middle name before obtaining my degree in 2005. i won the lottery with my new middle name and all my documents except my WAEC certificate bear my new middle name. my family name and first name remain unchanged. i have an affidavit of change of name in 2005. please guys, do i need to inform kcc or should i just go for my interview with my supporting documents?:confused:
4real4u and other faithful veterans, i am counting on your wealth of knowledge. thanks

Hi,

I'll advice you inform them about it before they point it out on the day of the interview and since you have the documents testifying to the changes, just go ahead and inform them with the supporting documents.

Good Luck

Hi,

I'll advice you inform them about it before they point it out on the day of the interview and since you have the documents testifying to the changes, just go ahead and inform them with the supporting documents.

Good Luck

4real4u, thanks for keeping it real. thumbs up my man. i'll scan my documents and send them a mail. you are the man, no flatter:)

Requirements

Hi to everyone in d house. U guys r doing some really good work. Keep it up.
I hv 2 questions that has been bothering me
-Is the evidence of support for everyone or is it just for couples?
-I am an undergraduate but i filled high school no degree in my forms instead of high school diploma as we don't get diploma certificates in nigeria after a secondary school education.
My number is current in dec n so i need help fast.

Hi,

I think the AOS is a general requirement for DV and for every winner. From what I gathered here, at the interview they don’t ask singles but I still recommend you get one for yourself to be on the safe side. That might be with your own assets or somebody in the US sponsoring you.

As per the educational requirements, all they need is your high school (WAEC) results showing that you have completed 12years of education with honors (you know what I mean). I think they’ll definitely ask you if you have a higher degree or pursuing one. So if you have your high school you should be fine and if you can get your up to date transcript for the interview that will be fantastic too.

I hope that helps?

Good Luck.

Hello ,

I have a vital question to ask people in the room, here goes my question

I mailed back my completed visa application that was sent to me by KCC in May 2008 but to my suprise i receive a copy of the Ds 230 part one page 1 that i have to fill the section #10 containing the name and address where i intend to stay in USA and also the where i want my Green card to be sent to , I was asked to complete it and mail the form back.

But i was thinking i can fill this section on the day of my interview because up till now am still making arrangement for someone who is credible .

Please can someone explain better to me what i have to do because am still with the page one of the form while the remaining pages together with my wife's own and my baby's own are with KCC.

can i still delay the page one of the DS230 form that was mail back to me from KCC till when i will get the full details of my sponsor? i will like to know if they wont be any problem on the delay.

I think you're running out of time. That address can be changed at the interview or at the POE.

Why

Hello ,

I have a vital question to ask people in the room, here goes my question

I mailed back my completed visa application that was sent to me by KCC in May 2008 but to my suprise i receive a copy of the Ds 230 part one page 1 that i have to fill the section #10 containing the name and address where i intend to stay in USA and also the where i want my Green card to be sent to , I was asked to complete it and mail the form back.

But i was thinking i can fill this section on the day of my interview because up till now am still making arrangement for someone who is credible .

Please can someone explain better to me what i have to do because am still with the page one of the form while the remaining pages together with my wife's own and my baby's own are with KCC.

Hi,

Firstly, i didn't see why you sent your forms without putting those details because they are very much essential especially for a family man like you. Had it been you were single they would have only asked you at the interview. So i think you might be running late if you haven’t find yourself a credible sponsor for the past 6months you’ve got the forms and it doesn’t sound to me you’re really interested in pursuing it.

Secondly, you have to remember that they have may be 5months to process your form and with the look of things your number is not been processed yet because you have not completed the form.

I think the best thing for you is to figure out a credible sponsor and send the form back ASAP. You have to consider the fact that your number in not on the very low side and must hurry up, b4 they shut the door on you.

Good Luck.

I believe if you have enough amount of money in your account you should be fine. Remmember sponsoring also include but not limited to accomodation!

Jeometry,where do you come from? I think it's best to get a sponsor at least to accomodate you till you find a suitablejob in the US. That is enough to convince the consular officer.

can i still delay the page one of the DS230 form that was mail back to me from KCC till when i will get the full details of my sponsor? i will like to know if they wont be any problem on the delay.
Sunny Aje,
I will advise you look for a sponsor asap and send back this form to KCC. I believe that all other info are ok on your forms except the sponsor addy and that where you want them to send the GC. I did change mine once when my sponsor was not forthcoming with the docs required.

You can always change your sponsor on the day of the interview and the address where you want them to send the GC at the POE.

All the best, brother !!!

Thanks, but

Thanks for ur answers but the second question was if i did the right thing by filling high school no degree instead of high school diploma.

I think

Thanks for ur answers but the second question was if i did the right thing by filling high school no degree instead of high school diploma.

Hi,

I think they won't crucify you on that. All the same you can inform them b4 the interview that you're in the University 'cos definitely at the interview they might be curious about what you've been doing since leaving high school.

So i suggest you try and inform them prior to the interview and get your up to date transcript ready.

Good Luck.

There is a question i would like to ask . Assuming a married woman who is pregnant and her delivery time falls in the month of her interview and if she gives birth a week after her interview how can she travel with the new born baby .
Or alternatively if she gives birth a week before her interview can she still notify KCC about the inclusion of the baby.
( note she's not the principal applicant)

Fine

There is a question i would like to ask . Assuming a married woman who is pregnant and her delivery time falls in the month of her interview and if she gives birth a week after her interview how can she travel with the new born baby .
Or alternatively if she gives birth a week before her interview can she still notify KCC about the inclusion of the baby.
( note she's not the principal applicant)

Hi,

If you read very well dv2008 threads, a case like this came up. A lady and her husband went for the interview and the lady was asked to come back with the baby's passport for visa after delivery. So it doesn't matter whether it was b4 interview or after interview so far they're notified and you have proofs, they will ask for the baby's passport to give the same status as the parents.

Pls house, i need help fast. My interview has been scheduled for the first week of december but the 2nd NL has not arrived for me to know how to go about the medical interview.
Secondly can i go for the interview without the 2NL in case it does not arrive b/4 time.
Thirdly can someone from nigeria please tell me how long the medical exam process at kamorass takes and how much it costs.