• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Thank you

Guy,

You're so lucky and i tell you you're in the right place to get information.

The 1st thing you'll have to do is fill in the form accurately without mincing words but quickly, so that you can return it to KCC by courier early next week. This will enable you get an interview for may be April/May09. Had it been you saw it earlier you would have been preparing for you interview by now 'cos your number is already current for November interview, c the link below. Please, do not 4get to make photocopy of the form for your record purposes.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html

2ndly, i suppose you used the new surname for the DV. If so you shouldn't have a problem so far you have the docs backing the change of name up. I think all you need to do is inform KCC ASAP of the details and get the scanned copy of the docs to them via email before your interview will be scheduled.

To email KCC use kccdv@state.gov

I hope that helps?

Once again congrats and Good Luck.

Thanks so much for your reply,I really appreciate it. Yes I used the new surname for the DV application.I will contact KCC as you have advised.
Thanks once again!

thanks a lot

Hi,

Thanks for not taking offence.

If you check the link below you'll see a chart of Vaccine versus Age. All you need do is trace your age to every vaccine and you'll see yes or no, to tell you which one you'll have to take.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/vaccinechart.html

For your case, i assumed you're an adult (18-64yrs), so you just need MMR and TDAP. I don't know how it's done in Nigeria but i think for the X-ray and general medical check up and even vaccinations you'll have to do everything at Kamorass, unless you see the vaccinations cheaper elsewhere.

So when you're current and you have ur 2nd NL or confirmation via email from KCC if you ask them for the time you're current via email, you can call Kamorass up for an appointment.

I hope it helps?

Good Luck

thanks. you are the man. all the best in Nov. sweet Nov

May god be with you.

thanks livewire,

nearly missed your response amidst the numerous posts. I have made adjustment in my travelling plan. looking through the dates in members profile most completed the medical in 3 weeks. so I will travel to nigeria either 4th or 5th october.the interview is 27th october. the medical test should not actually take that long, wonder what the problem is at kamorass. these are things that should not take three days if well planned.
please does kamorass work and atttend to DV applicant on saturday as indicated a document posted on the forum? does one need a special booked appointment to start the medical at Kamorass?
Ogulism , how far have you gone with the medicals? and please lets know what you are going through with respect to the medical.
Hello Samko,

I know today 27th Oct. is your interview, May God be with you and your family on the d-day. Am wishing you a successful interview.
Just put all hope on God almighty ,the way God did it for others during their interview yours too be be a success.
Dont forget to communicate to the house about your interview experience and questions that was asked.
Goodluck

Hello,
Thanks for ur comment.i have previously allied for a student Visa many years ago.i am very sure that i did not lie in my application or during the interview[there was no reason to do that].i will look into the immigration lawyer option.i truly appreciate ur concern.....pls everyone,feel free to say ur views/comments

Hi,

How far have you gone, i will like you to update me. Just feel free to communicate with me , am also trying to get the page where i saw such case.

Travel agent

My dear people,
This is not an advert, however, I beleive that the forum is meant to advice/suggest and help one another during and after the interview.

It is based on these that I am posting this Travel Agent's address that I have personnally used on Oct 23, 2008. They will be helpful to all-would-be immigrant to USA.

Below is the agent that I used:
ADETOM TRAVELS & TOURS LTD
14 ODUYEMI STREET,
ANIFOWOSHE. IKEJA
LAGOS

TEL: 7937971; 08033060702; 08054015276

They are good, I recommend them to you. though you are not obliged to use them.

Thanks
Navigator

had interview today

Hello Samko,

I know today 27th Oct. is your interview, May God be with you and your family on the d-day. Am wishing you a successful interview.
Just put all hope on God almighty ,the way God did it for others during their interview yours too be be a success.
Dont forget to communicate to the house about your interview experience and questions that was asked.
Goodluck

hi all,

had successful interview today. About 6 minutes and 5- 6 questions in all. All questions directed to my wife,the selectee. to pick passport up next monday. I thanks all the forum members for their advice. there is nothing peculiar about our interview, this forum has been more than enough.
thanks all. how was ogulism interview

Congrats

hi all,

had successful interview today. About 6 minutes and 5- 6 questions in all. All questions directed to my wife,the selectee. to pick passport up next monday. I thanks all the forum members for their advice. there is nothing peculiar about our interview, this forum has been more than enough.

Hi,

Let me be the 1st to say congrats to you and ur family. Was the issue of your wife having her NPC certificate as her maiden name raised?

I wish everybody the very best of luck.

congratulation :

I am very happy for you , let me know the questions and answers that your wife were asked and answerd because i will have the same situation in the last november .

hi all,

Hello congratulation in your successful in the interview.

I picked my NL (Case No:2009AF000056XX) from the post office on the 23rd October 2008(2 days ago). I guess it has been lying in the post office for a while because it is dated April 03,2008.

My questions:

1.I hope its not too late to start processing it?

2.Can I return the forms to KCC by courier?

3.My immediate family effected a change of surname in 1996 due to an extended family issue,hence my WAEC results bear a diferernt surname from my degree certificates,I have all the change of name documents. Will this bring any complications?

Hello all,
Regarding question No 3 of my earlier post,I was wondering if I should include the change of name documents when returning the forms or should I just scan and mail them later?
Prompt response will be appreciated.
Thanks

Email later

Hello all,
Regarding question No 3 of my earlier post,I was wondering if I should include the change of name documents when returning the forms or should I just scan and mail them later?
Prompt response will be appreciated.
Thanks

Hi,

I think you should e-mail it to them later bcos they only expected you to return only the filled form initially without any other supporting documents. So just send the forms alone for now and when you call/email later to find out if the docs got there, thereafter you can email other supporting docs.

I hope it helps?

Hi,

I think you should e-mail it to them later bcos they only expected you to return only the filled form initially without any other supporting documents. So just send the forms alone for now and when you call/email later to find out if the docs got there, thereafter you can email other supporting docs.

I hope it helps?

Yeah it does.
I hope to help others answer their own questions like you have done for me here, just need to handle these initial KCC issues.Thanks a lot

Exactly

Yeah it does.
I hope to help others answer their own questions like you have done for me here, just need to handle these initial KCC issues.Thanks a lot

Hi,

Just do exactly that and the rest will follow accordingly. Guy, make it snappy and send the docs but mistake free.

Good Luck.

Hi,

Let me be the 1st to say congrats to you and ur family. Was the issue of your wife having her NPC certificate as her maiden name raised?

I wish everybody the very best of luck.

hi all,

I got another one in my name i.e her married name and that was what she submitted. there was no issue raised on that.

Affidavit of support

hi all,

need your advice with respect to my sponsors profile.
I received the affidavit of support this week, but I am a bit worried about what it contains.
my sponsor income is about $37,000 annually salary plus $5000 salary differential. he owned about $500,000 worth home, but with about $460,000 of mortgage encumberance. the family is 4 in number and we are three. the wife also work, thus he indicated that she was partially dependent on him.
he also had sponsored a family 2 years ago.
also he did not fill the income directly on the affidavit form, however the leter from the employer detailed the income.
now with his family we are seven, not sure wether his own income is enough for seven people according to the poverty guildeline. not also sure what the implication of omitting his income in affidavit can be, although the employer letter detailled that. Also do not understand what the $5000 salary differential mean. Even though the wife works ,nothing in the affidavit refered to that , athough they the tax return was filled together as indicated by the tax return form he sent.
please advice me.

Was the affidavit of support collected or checked ?. Also kindly tell us some of the questions that was asked during your interview most especially the one they ask your wife who is the principal winner.

Was the affidavit of support collected or checked ?. Also kindly tell us some of the questions that was asked during your interview most especially the one they ask your wife who is the principal winner.

hi all,

The affidavit of support was not specifically asked for, but the man who collected our documents after asking for our certificates and the medical reports noticed that some documents were still in our hands ,so he asked us to hand it over to him. I then show him also evidence of our own resources( bank statements , stocks statements ) but he said that he did not need that.
no reference was made to the AOS at the interview proper, i did not even notice it with woman who interviewed us.

questions.

Officer: good morning
we: morning
officer: u are here because u were selected for DV processing
we: yes
officer: u promise to speak the truth
we: yes ,we will speak the truth
she acquired our finger prints
officer: what is ur name
my wife: bla bla bla
officer: when and where were u born
my wife: xxxxxxxx
officer: what did u study
my wife:xxxxxxxx
officer: so u are a xxxx
my wife : yes
officer: where do you work
my wife: xxxxxxxxx
officer: when did u get married and where
my wife: xxxxxxxxxx
officer: can I see ur pictures
I: showed wedding album
officer: baby
I: showed baby album
officer: excuse me.
Officer: congratulation.

hi all,

The affidavit of support was not specifically asked for, but the man who collected our documents after asking for our certificates and the medical reports noticed that some documents were still in our hands ,so he asked us to hand it over to him. I then show him also evidence of our own resources( bank statements , stocks statements ) but he said that he did not need that.
no reference was made to the AOS at the interview proper, i did not even notice it with woman who interviewed us.

questions.

Officer: good morning
we: morning
officer: u are here because u were selected for DV processing
we: yes
officer: u promise to speak the truth
we: yes ,we will speak the truth
she acquired our finger prints
officer: what is ur name
my wife: bla bla bla
officer: when and where were u born
my wife: xxxxxxxx