• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Hello everyone i am getting confused now.Do i have to do the medicals before the second letter arrives to me.secondly i believe my case no is a bit high AF0001XXXXX.Is ther any chance for an interview for me soon.Are the case numbers nos assigned an interview date on ascending or descending order.

It depends

Hello everyone i am getting confused now.Do i have to do the medicals before the second letter arrives to me.secondly i believe my case no is a bit high AF0001XXXXX.Is ther any chance for an interview for me soon.Are the case numbers nos assigned an interview date on ascending or descending order.

Hi,

Doing medicals before your 2nd NL depends on your region and your number been current. If you're based in the UK, you can do your medicals before your number becomes current but if you're in some regions in Africa you'll have to wait till your number becomes current and get confirmation from KCC if you don't have your 2nd NL yet. That will enable you start your medicals on time.

Meanwhile, don't tell us your number is 100,000+ bcos your case number shows 1xxxxx?. Infact, the digits are too much. Let us know your actual number putting xx on the last 2 digits and we'll be able to advice you accordingly. You get assigned interview in ascending order and submission of your 1st NL.

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Did you call or mail them and they said they're processing forms till July or you just assumed? I think what you should do is send them an email to ask when your interview is and if they reply with a definite date then you can print that out, download the medical form and call Kamoras to start your medicals if you're from Nigeria.

Don't bother urself about making it or not, just mail them to find out about your interview and they will advice you accordingly. That will save you a lot of worrying and people telling you different things here.

I hope it helps.

Thanks. i actually called kcc 2 days ago. the response was that they were still processing forms recieved in july. what will happen if my forms are not processed b4 interviews are scheduled for november bearing in mind that i'll be current then.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi good people.
I need some advice.the signature that i have used for my marriage cert n passport is different from the one i used while filling in ma forms.I had to change ma signature as i had some problems with that signature which made me to change it.will this difference have a problem with ma case.

wishing all current the best

hi good people.
I need some advice.the signature that i have used for my marriage cert n passport is different from the one i used while filling in ma forms.I had to change ma signature as i had some problems with that signature which made me to change it.will this difference have a problem with ma case.

wishing all current the best

Get a Certified True copy of your marriage certificate (CTC) from the Federal Marriage Registry, Kingsway Road, Ikoyi Lagos.
It is equally acceptable at the embassy, at least that is what i submitted for my interview

I dont no what is happening, my sponsor in newyork sent this mail below to me......

....."You may have to look for a local sponsor as time is not on your side.I had it rough while processing my family dv some years.My account was questioned? It's no big deal locally."......

My question is that can i use a sponsor residing in Nigeria who is a deputy manager in one of these banks and he is married with a child or my sponsor must be in the state. Please any other advice will be appreciated. Thanks all with love.

Please can i get my Affidafit of support from Nigeria. I should be current soon. Thanks

I think

Thanks. i actually called kcc 2 days ago. the response was that they were still processing forms recieved in july. what will happen if my forms are not processed b4 interviews are scheduled for november bearing in mind that i'll be current then.

Hi,

I think if your case no is not treated for the November time which you happen to be current you'll be sent your 2nd NL stating the time your interview will be which could fall with August candidate processing.

May be by December08 or January09 at the most you should have your interview, if they couldn't get slot for November for you.

Enjoy.

Please can i get my Affidafit of support from Nigeria. I should be current soon. Thanks

No, the person has to be a Greencard holder or US citizen with residence in the USA. Get a copy of I-134 form and read the instruction, it is clearly stated.

Hello,everyone my case no is AF00016XXX.(NIGERIA).I currently reside in the united kingdom.Could i go ahead with my medicals now before my second NL arrives.Secondly does anyone have any idea when my no would be current?

thanks a lot

thanks alot my case no is AF00016XXX.I currently reside in the united kingdom.secondly when do you project my number could become current?regards
Hi,

Doing medicals before your 2nd NL depends on your region and your number been current. If you're based in the UK, you can do your medicals before your number becomes current but if you're in some regions in Africa you'll have to wait till your number becomes current and get confirmation from KCC if you don't have your 2nd NL yet. That will enable you start your medicals on time.

Meanwhile, don't tell us your number is 100,000+ bcos your case number shows 1xxxxx?. Infact, the digits are too much. Let us know your actual number putting xx on the last 2 digits and we'll be able to advice you accordingly. You get assigned interview in ascending order and submission of your 1st NL.

Enjoy

London Medical Details

thanks alot my case no is AF00016XXX.I currently reside in the united kingdom.secondly when do you project my number could become current?regards

Hi,

You can do it now, but i reckon you wait till like January 08. The hospital details are on http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp phone no is 020 7486 7822.

I think you should be current for may be April/May09. Please when next you come online try put your signature by going through USER CP at top left hand corner of this page, click on signature and edit like mine below. This will help us know more about you and easily give advice.

Thanks

Hi,

I think if your case no is not treated for the November time which you happen to be current you'll be sent your 2nd NL stating the time your interview will be which could fall with August candidate processing.

May be by December08 or January09 at the most you should have your interview, if they couldn't get slot for November for you.

Enjoy.

thanks a lot. i really appreciate ur response. i am in a bit of a fix. i intend to travel out of the country com

Documents from Sponsor

Hi,

No shakes. You're good to go anywhere now.

Hi,

I just got my AOS docs from my sponsor in the US. He is a family friend with the under listed. I think the docs are alright or what do you guys reckon?

Received

1. I-134 filled and notorised
2. Permanent Resident Card copy
3. Letter from his employer stating when he started with the company (2000) and his earnings to date
4. Income tax return dated back to 2000 when he started working in US + W2
5. Bank Statement (Savings and Current accounts)

Other Details

Annual Income - $115,000 but employer letter stated $118,000 per annum
Deposit in savings - $3,000
Other Personal Property - $30,000
Stocks and Bonds - $2,000 (Fell due to crisis in US)
Cash Surrender (from Stocks & Bonds) - $2,000
Life Insurance – Nil
Own real estate valued - $1,000,000
Encumbrance - $6,000
Extent of Support – Furnish flat for for 6months
Previously submitted AOS for person(s) – None
Visa petition in the past – None
No of dependants – 3 children

The tax return states the husband and wife's name and the properties showed the same.

Wife also working but not listed as dependant and salary not added how does that affect my case?.

Please advice.

Thanks

You are good. More than you needed.

Hi,

I just got my AOS docs from my sponsor in the US. He is a family friend with the under listed. I think the docs are alright or what do you guys reckon?

Received

1. I-134 filled and notorised
2. Permanent Resident Card copy
3. Letter from his employer stating when he started with the company (2000) and his earnings to date
4. Income tax return dated back to 2000 when he started working in US + W2
5. Bank Statement (Savings and Current accounts)

Other Details

Annual Income - $115,000 but employer letter stated $118,000 per annum
Deposit in savings - $3,000
Other Personal Property - $30,000
Stocks and Bonds - $2,000 (Fell due to crisis in US)
Cash Surrender (from Stocks & Bonds) - $2,000
Life Insurance – Nil
Own real estate valued - $1,000,000
Encumbrance - $6,000
Extent of Support – Furnish flat for for 6months
Previously submitted AOS for person(s) – None
Visa petition in the past – None
No of dependants – 3 children

The tax return states the husband and wife's name and the properties showed the same.

Wife also working but not listed as dependant and salary not added how does that affect my case?.

Please advice.

Thanks

Hi all, need help on this.
My friend got a sponsor who sent her an AOS. He is single, works and earns 21.000 annually and dat was the only think he indicated in the AOS. He however included his tax returns and employment letter from the employer. Is that going to be problematic.

DECEMBER VISA BULLETIN IS OUT

SEE DETAILS BELOW

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN DECEMBER

For December, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 15,100

Egypt 8,700
Ethiopia 7,900
Nigeria 6,700
ASIA 6,850
EUROPE 12,900
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4
OCEANIA 440
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 750

PS:
Not much movement for Nigeria similar to the last bulletin

SEE LINK BELOW FOR REFERENCE = http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4371.html

ALL CURRENT SHOULD START PREPARATION.

Hello house,

it's nice being here again after a long time. You guys are just doing wonderfully well.
Congrats to those that have received their visas and those that are current, the Lord will see you through in Jesus name. Just have faith in God and He will perfect all that concern you. God is too faithful to fail. He brought you this far, He cant abandon you.

Please my case number is 9xxx. when do you think i will be active?
secondly, my partner is in the UK and his visa needs to be extended sometimes in May and he might need to send his passport to the UK home office in April. Our CN activity will determine to a greater extent whether to come home or stay back.

Please what do you advise i should do here. Though, i so much believe that our case would be current before then so that he can travel back to the UK to finish what he's doing there before the visa expires.

Please advise.

God bless you.

Teebaby

I am not going to comment on when your case number will be current. But on the passport, i believe one of the requirements is your passport must be valid and not expire with 6 months. So you may want to renew your passport sooner than later.

Hello house,

it's nice being here again after a long time. You guys are just doing wonderfully well.
Congrats to those that have received their visas and those that are current, the Lord will see you through in Jesus name. Just have faith in God and He will perfect all that concern you. God is too faithful to fail. He brought you this far, He cant abandon you.

Please my case number is 9xxx. when do you think i will be active?
secondly, my partner is in the UK and his visa needs to be extended sometimes in May and he might need to send his passport to the UK home office in April. Our CN activity will determine to a greater extent whether to come home or stay back.

Please what do you advise i should do here. Though, i so much believe that our case would be current before then so that he can travel back to the UK to finish what he's doing there before the visa expires.

Please advise.

God bless you.

Teebaby