• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

4real4u and onyii

There is something I need clarified. When we say CN xxxxx, what are we actually talking about?
My number for instance is 2009AF000090xx and the cut off number for November is:

AFRICA 12,500
Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

Does it mean I am included because of: AFRICA 12,500 or excluded because of: Nigeria 6,000?

I need really need to know so I can start preparing ahead of time and not be caught unawares.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Thanks again

4real4u and onyii

There is something I need clarified. When we say CN xxxxx, what are we actually talking about?
My number for instance is 2009AF000090xx and the cut off number for November is:

AFRICA 12,500
Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

Does it mean I am included because of: AFRICA 12,500 or excluded because of: Nigeria 6,000?

I need really need to know so I can start preparing ahead of time and not be caught unawares.

Thanks again

Eyel, if you are from Nigeria than you should refer to the Nigeria cut-off that which for November is 6000. Thus per your case number (CN) of 90xx, you are not current as yet.

If your single you dont need Affidavit. But if your are married you need Affidavit kid or no kid. By the grace of God Dv 2009 will not be cancelled.

I don't side with you saying if you're single you don't need affidavit of support! According to the rule ( simple but strict) DV winner needs to get sponsor from the state to prevent the winner from becoming PUBLIC CHARGE so now you know it doesn't matter about your marital status.

CN#2009AF000063XX
AWAITING FOR 2ND NL.
CURRENT IN OCRT.2008:eek:

Explanation

4real4u and onyii

AFRICA 12,500
Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

Thanks again

Hi,

If you're from Nigeria, Ethiopia and Egypt, the maximum number considered for November interview are the ones shown but if you're from other regions in Africa and you have a case number of 90xx you're definitely in for the November interview.

Looking at your signature, on the 28th of August KCC asked you to call back 8week's time it means you will most likely be current for December08/January09.

I hope it helps?

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
police certificate

hi all,

please what do one need to take along to get police report at Alagbon, and how much does it cost.
my wife will be going there the coming week to collect for both of us.
thanks

Read

hi all,

please what do one need to take along to get police report at Alagbon, and how much does it cost.
my wife will be going there the coming week to collect for both of us.
thanks

Hi,
Read the message below and also the link for further info.

Police Records
Available, including for those living abroad. The Nigerian police force no longer accepts requests made through the American Embassy. Requests should be addressed to The Deputy Inspector General, Criminal Investigation Department, Nigerian Police Force, Alagbon Close, Ikoyi, Lagos, Nigeria. Fee should be in the form of an international bank draft payable to the Deputy Inspector General of Police, Fingerprint Section, Nigerian Police Force.

The applicant's letter must state full name, place and date of birth, nationality, passport number, date and place of issuance (for current passport or passport used during applicant's stay in Nigeria), exact periods of residence in Nigeria and addresses where applicant resided. Each applicant 16 years of age and over must enclose (1) a copy of the first three data pages of his or her passport, (2) the pages containing Nigerian visas, entry and departure stamps and (3) a complete set of fingerprints taken by the police in the district where the applicant resides.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciprocity/reciprocity_3640.html

I think for the fingerprinting, it can be done at alagbon that same day if you're based in Nigeria. If not just get that from a district police where you reside.

As per cost, i'm not sure again but i think at most you'll pay 10,000NGN. I'm not sure she can collect for both of you unless she has your fingerprint with her.

I hope it helps

Got interview date

Hi everyone,i just called KCC and i was told my interview have been scheduled for the 12th of November.Please pray for me .

Thanks

hello Every1,
i just want to inform the house that we completed our medicals today......and it was successful....no complications what so ever!!!!
what is left now is prayers!!!!I WILL KEEP U POSTED

Congrats

Hi everyone,i just called KCC and i was told my interview have been scheduled for the 12th of November.Please pray for me .

Thanks

Congrats and wish you the very best of luck. Just called now too and it is last week of November 08.

Good luck to everyone.

Good to know

hello Every1,
i just want to inform the house that we completed our medicals today......and it was successful....no complications what so ever!!!!
what is left now is prayers!!!!I WILL KEEP U POSTED

My guy, it is good to know you have completed your medicals without hazzles. Considering the hurdles crossed, it is a finished case, don't worry urself.

I'll call you later.

hellooo my people

l just came across this forum and wish to be identified with you people. ln hope lam welcome?

please every body , lets make this thread great

l want to use this opportunity to implore to all winners in nigeria, to help in making a success out of this thread. for it will indeed benefit all and sundry. lets emulate the 2007,2008 winners. they deed a great job during their time and it is still speaking for them till date. lets hold hands together and achieve a resounding success that will be benecial to our fellow nigerians that will win in the years to come. cheeeerio my people

Hi,
Pls I,m a new user,I just emailed KCC on the 11th Sept 08,I am a DV winner 2009AF00002XXX,pls how long does it take KCC to reply and I have already done my police report yesterday 15th b4 I noticed it expires after 3mths pls my question is it possible for me to still meet up i.e does KCC reply on time.Thanks

Welcome

Hi,
Pls I,m a new user,I just emailed KCC on the 11th Sept 08,I am a DV winner 2009AF00002XXX,pls how long does it take KCC to reply and I have already done my police report yesterday 15th b4 I noticed it expires after 3mths pls my question is it possible for me to still meet up i.e does KCC reply on time.Thanks

Hi,

Welcome on board. It takes 2-3working days to get a reply from KCC. One quick question after sending the email to them did you get an auto reply, if not your email didn't get there, therefore try use another email. If so, try mail them again with the same query.

As per Police certificate, since your case no is 2xxx then your interview should be pretty soon and you shouldn't worry about the expiration of police cert.

Good Luck.

evidence of support

hi all,

from various comments as regard the issue of evidence of support, its seems the only thing accepted in US embassy in lagos is affidavit of support.
what happen if a familly can prove to have enough personal resources (cash, stocks, landed properties) but no sponsor ? will they be denied visa?
has anyone been in this situation at Lagos US embassy CP?
please help clarify

Fyi

Hi,

Hi,

I sent an email to KCC on Monday with my yahoo and i received the reply today. So it is 2 working days.

Good Luck

second letter.

hi all,

My wife picked up the second letter today in Nigeria. she will be starting her medical tommorow.

You can

hi all,

from various comments as regard the issue of evidence of support, its seems the only thing accepted in US embassy in lagos is affidavit of support.
what happen if a familly can prove to have enough personal resources (cash, stocks, landed properties) but no sponsor ? will they be denied visa?
has anyone been in this situation at Lagos US embassy CP?
please help clarify

Hi,

If you can sponsor yourself, no problems, so far you meet the requirements. A friend of mine based in the US sponsored himself last year and no problems. He was in Nigeria for his interview too.