• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

Never mind

Thanks 4real4u, i was worried that the consular might make refernece to my old form with the mistake and that might hinder my chances.I feel more comfortable now with your contribution.Lets hope for the best.God is in control.

Never mind Ogologomma. My question to the house goes thus:

I was born around 197x and with birth certificate from the Hospital will i have to get the NPC affidavit or not?

Ogologomma, u can consider that 2 so as to be on the safe side.

Good luck to everybody.

Hi Ogologomma,
To your 1st question i'd want to ask; DO U HAVE AN ORIGINAL BIRTH CERT for 1980? If u do, u dont have any probs at all.
Then for the 2nd question, just go to WAEC office, yaba for verification of your result and go with the receipt u get from waec and the other docs u mentioned above to d interview and i feel u are cool! wish u all d best.

PLs am interested in knowing if any one have an idea of when my CN 2009AF000065XX is likely to be schedule for an interview.

Thanks Sarahjoe,
I dont have any birth certificate but i plan on geting the NPC certificate cos that is what most people on this forum have been using.
I will go straight to the WAEC office and do the verification of result.
God is in control.....

police report

hi all

please where do i get police report? must it be from lagos or can i get it from other state police head quater. I got one when I was coming to germany from Oyo state police headquater , Iyaganku , Ibadan last year. However I do not know if I can get another one for the DV Interview from the same place.
secondly, if one have a degree from a nigerian university, and ones WAEC certificate ,do one also need to verify WAEC result ?
please advice

Hello , i will like to know if its true that only the marriage certificate issued by federal registries where a marriage registry is done is only accepted while those registry done in the state Government registry is not accepted. Please i will like some one to tell me something more about the marriage registry.

I think

hi all

please where do i get police report? must it be from lagos or can i get it from other state police head quater. I got one when I was coming to germany from Oyo state police headquater , Iyaganku , Ibadan last year. However I do not know if I can get another one for the DV Interview from the same place.
secondly, if one have a degree from a nigerian university, and ones WAEC certificate ,do one also need to verify WAEC result ?
please advice

Guy, i'll suggest you contact the Nigeria High Commission in Germany to apply for Nigeria police certificate. You'll print and fill an application with a fee to be payed online. They'll then ask you go to the german police yard for finger printing in the presence of a police officer. You'll then send the finger prints to Alagbon in Lagos for the police certificate (PC).I stay in the UK and that is the procedure here, so i guess if you are based in Germany it might be the same procedure to get the certificate but what i am not sure though is whether you'll have to send your PC application to London UK or not. Meanwhile, if you have been in Germany for more than 6months, you'll have to get the germany PC too.

See link below for the UK PC processing.

http://www.nigeriahc.org.uk/info.html

You can also call the high commission with address below for further details:

Berlin (GERMANY)
Embassy of the Fed. Rep. of Nigeria
Plantanenstrasse 1100, Berlin, 13156.
Postal : Postfach 650 630,13306 Berlin
GERMANY
Tel: Chancery (+49-30) 477 2555

As per the WAEC since you have your certificate already, you don't have to do any verification, all you need do is to get a scratch card with your certificate so that they can use it to check your WAEC result online on the interview day.

You can get people to do all the runnings for you in Nigeria, i mean to help you get scratch card and also get your PC for you in Lagos when you send the finger print to him/her.

Good luck.

An issue

Thanks Sarahjoe,
I dont have any birth certificate but i plan on geting the NPC certificate cos that is what most people on this forum have been using.
I will go straight to the WAEC office and do the verification of result.
God is in control.....

I am not sure if that will be an issue or not since you don't have an original birth certificate dated 1980 which you'll back up with NPC affidavit. Had it been there was no mistake and you go with the NPC affidavit that would have been perfect but since we have a mistake here to prove yourself right you might have to provide the two to convince them. Just pray hard man and we'll join you in prayers.

Good Luck.

4real4u, do u think there would still be an issue since i have corrected the mistake on the new form that was sent to KCC and the form has been delivered.I just hope everything goes well.I am puting my trust in God.Thanks.

I dont have any birth certificate
That can make big problems. You told us you gave them your correct DOB in the origin entry and make a mistake in DS-230. Maybe someone have the idea you send multiple entries for the lottery.

police certificate

hi,

thanks for your response.
a little more clarification. when I collected a police character certificate last year, I had my finger print taken at Ibadan which was sent to lagos for verification. the police officer then told me that i only need to send the finger print paper next time I need another police certificate. my initial plan was to send this down to my wife ( the actual selectee) to use it to request for another police certificate on my behalf.
what I dont know is if all police certificate for DV MUST be from Alagbon.
please advice

Police certificate

hi,

thanks for your response.
a little more clarification. when I collected a police character certificate last year, I had my finger print taken at Ibadan which was sent to lagos for verification. the police officer then told me that i only need to send the finger print paper next time I need another police certificate. my initial plan was to send this down to my wife ( the actual selectee) to use it to request for another police certificate on my behalf.
what I dont know is if all police certificate for DV MUST be from Alagbon.
please advice

Ok, if you still have that you can send it to her but she should get the PC from Alagbon. The reason why i am saying this is bcos at the US embassy they must have been used to the PC from Alagbon, so if you go with a PC stating another address, it might look dubious or fake to them depending on the interviewer. It's better to be safe than to be sorry, spend the little time or money to save yourself some sorry from us.

Tell your wife to get from alagbon too 'cos i don't know how the o ne from Ibadan looks like.

Enjoy and Good Luck.

Tazmania

That can make big problems. You told us you gave them your correct DOB in the origin entry and make a mistake in DS-230. Maybe someone have the idea you send multiple entries for the lottery.

Hi Tazmania, could you help Samko with how you got your PC both the NIgeria and the german one.

Thanks

Let's jut pray

4real4u, do u think there would still be an issue since i have corrected the mistake on the new form that was sent to KCC and the form has been delivered.I just hope everything goes well.I am puting my trust in God.Thanks.

Let's just pray things go on well 'cos it will sound somehow if you can't proof the mistake with both the original BC and the NPC affidavit which i'm sure you'll be getting any moment from now. I am not even looking at the angle of Tazmanias', though we cannot rule that out too. My guy, it is well in Jesus name when that time comes they won't even raise it. Just get your papers together and prepare for the interview.

Has anybody got his 2nd NL, if so what are the contents?

Pls respond

Hello everybody,
I am a DV 2009 winner.I have 2 issues that have been giving me sleepless nights concerning my case.

1. I made a mistake on my form DS-230, i filled in the wrong DOB ( 1982 ) but i actually played the lottery with 1980.After noticing this mistake,i called KCC and i was instructed to fill a new Form DS-230 with all the correct info and attach a small note stating that there was a mistake in my first form.I have filled the new Form and sent it back to KCC using fedex about 2 months ago.
I want to know if this would pose any problems for me during my interview.Please help me out with any advice u can give me .

2.Secondly,i have lost my original waec certificate.I went to WAEC office to get a new one but i was told that it can only be issued once.I was palnning on going with the statement of result from my secondary school and a WAEC scratch card on the day of my interview.I would also get an affidavit stating that my original certificate is missing. Please let me know what you think and if u have any other suggestion for me.

Thanks. Please respond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please respond with more ideas !

There are no more ideas for you to consider. It is as everyone who has responded to your question. Just relax

Worry not

Please respond with more ideas !

Don't worry, things will work out fine for you. Just be calm and make enough preparation, get more than enough documents to prove your points to them. Have you got your 2nd newsletter and what is the content, if you care to disclose?.

Good Luck.

Idea

There are no more ideas for you to consider. It is as everyone who has responded to your question. Just relax

Medpharm,

I was born 197x and i have birth certificate issued from the hospital. Do you have an idea if i'll be needing NPC certificate?