• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

I think you should be fine

I congratulate evryone that has won the 2009.

Pls i'll need clarification for some of us that has long names, but have slight discrepances in our degree certificates & other certificates. eg.

wats the difference between

Olugbenga James Adepoju
Gbenga James Adepoju

or

Olaoluwa David Adeoye
Ola David Adeoye

please will the embassy complaim about this differences.

thanks

Guy, i think you should be fine, only pray that your case won't be a bad exception 'cos if you go through DV2008 threads you'll see people with the same issue but was never raised at the interview. Moreso, they know we have long names in Nigeria with prefix and suffix and which we can decide to shorthen anytime without notice to anybody.

All will be fine just keep praying as i have said.

Good Luck

passport

hey guys, please i need help. isent in my passport to nigerian embassy at berlin for my child's endorsement but its been one month and nobody has sent my passport back. i enclosed a self address return envelop but no return . i have called their number for over a thousand times but no one has ever picked up the phone. i need to use my passport. please help me guys. what can i do to get my passport back or do you guys have any alternate number that i cancall to be able to speakwith someone. thank a million . God bless you.

hey guys, please i need help. i sent in my passport to nigerian embassy at berlin for my child's endorsement but its been one month and nobody has sent my passport back. i enclosed a self address return envelop but no return . i have called their number for over a thousand times but no one has ever picked up the phone. i need to use my passport. please help me guys. what can i do to get my passport back or do you guys have any alternate number that i can call to be able to speak with someone. thanks a million . God bless you.

You're welcome. All you'll need do is click on USER CP, then go to signature to put your signature like mine below. Copy and edit it, so that we can know a little more about you.

Thanks

hello 4real4u,
tanx for ur response.i will update my profile soon.meanwhile,do i need a sponsor?since i am single?also i dont not have any contact in the USA,how then do i receive my Greencard,when i succeed with my interview?

telephone number

hey guys, please i need help. i sent in my passport to nigerian embassy at berlin for my child's endorsement but its been one month and nobody has sent my passport back. i enclosed a self address return envelop but no return . i have called their number for over a thousand times but no one has ever picked up the phone. i need to use my passport. please help me guys. what can i do to get my passport back or do you guys have any alternate number that i can call to be able to speak with someone. thanks a million . God bless you.

hi,

try this number, 49-(030) 21230-0.
i spoke with the embassy on this number this week.

hello samko, thanks for that number. the problem is that when i call that number and ask them for my passport , they direct me to the passport office with ext 113 and 161. Nobody ever pick up those two number. i dont know what else to do. please help guys.

birth certificate

hi all,

I have read many posts on this forum on the issue of birth certificate, but the more posts on this I read the more confused I am especially with respect to the NPC birth certificate.
I was born in 1972, and my wife 1978. we both have original birth certificates issued by the then local government authorities. my son(2007) has a birth certificate issued by university college hospital ,Ibadan
this are what we have been using since birth, with mine showing some sign of wear and tear. my question is , do we need to obtain NPC certificate in this situations or not? I mean by virtue of date of birth , does any of us need NPC certificate?
someone knowledgable about this should please help clarify
thanks

Why not

Guy, why not go there physically if you stay in Germany since all other avenue's not working out for you.

That is my advice for you.

Good Luck.

No crime

hi all,

I have read many posts on this forum on the issue of birth certificate, but the more posts on this I read the more confused I am especially with respect to the NPC birth certificate.
I was born in 1972, and my wife 1978. we both have original birth certificates issued by the then local government authorities. my son(2007) has a birth certificate issued by university college hospital ,Ibadan
this are what we have been using since birth, with mine showing some sign of wear and tear. my question is , do we need to obtain NPC certificate in this situations or not? I mean by virtue of date of birth , does any of us need NPC certificate?
someone knowledgable about this should please help clarify
thanks

To me i see no reason why you shouldn't get it along with your original birth certificate, it is no crime for you and it doesn't cost much. When you get there and they say they don't need it, fine. I have the same issue with you and i am getting it to be on the safe side.

Good Luck.

birth certificate

hi,

please read this piece I copied from the nigerian US embassy document section.

Birth and Death Certificates
Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960’s at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship.

I will appreciate if people who have had interview in Nigeria contribute also.
thanks, 4real4u

hi,

please read this piece I copied from the nigerian US embassy document section.

Birth and Death Certificates
Generally available, particularly for events occurring after 1970. Registration of births and deaths is compulsory in Lagos. The National Population Commission issues birth certificates for births after 1992.

For Lagos records, certified copies of records for dates ending with 1979 can be obtained at the Lagos State Ministry of Health, Old Secretariat, Ikeja, Lagos. For records after 1979, contact the local government that issued the original certificate directly. Most births and deaths outside of Lagos are also registered at the time of the event. Applicants can obtain certified true copies of certificates directly from the local government. Alternatively, acceptable identity/parentage documents are infant baptismal certificates and hospital or maternity clinic records of birth. Home births are rare in Nigeria and medical records are available in most cases. Affidavits may be acceptable as substitutes for documents for those born outside Lagos prior to 1960 or born in the eastern part of Nigeria in the 1960’s at the time of the Biafran War, when presented in combination with convincing secondary evidence of relationship.

I will appreciate if people who have had interview in Nigeria contribute also.
thanks, 4real4u

Samko, this is not a matter of experience or not. I have been at the US embassy three times and to me all they think of is denying you visa at any slightest mistake. Let me tell you my own experience with them for 6years now, though not DV.
In 2002, i got a scholarship to study in US with all docs from the school in US and my school in Nigeria, i did GRE and TOEFL with very high scores. I also went to the extent of getting to read the requirements on their website. On the interview day i answered every questions very correctly and the last thing the lady asked me was my Primary school leaving certificate, which i actually have but not with me that very day. On that basis i was denied the visa despite having all other docs correctly.
After that i decided to check UK which i got eventually for my MSc. In 2005, i went back to the US embassy in London for a visa to attend OTC (Offshore Technology Conference). You won’t believe the unnecessary docs they were asking from me but since i’ve been there b4 i over prepared for them. He was asking me one doc after the other and i was bringing everything out after the other, so i was given 6months visa. I went to the US and came back and went back for another one with my wife in 2005 they didn’t even consider the fact that i was there earlier for just 2weeks and came back they started asking for different stupid docs again, i was prepared also and gave them all they asked for, so i got 2years visa which i used for 4times with my wife and expired last year.
That same last year i went there again and they repeated same thing asking for stupid docs that normally you might not consider taking for an interview, but i gave them all, so we got another 2years which will expire end of 2009.
What am i saying ‘’To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail’’, try prepare for the worst condition and if it comes out ok then you’ll know you have prepared but if it gets tough on the day you have all the docs to prove your points or show them.
NPC certificate is only about 5000NGN (£20)at most and it doesn’t take time to get it, just get it and stop worrying yourself if it is required or not ‘cos you never can assume based on another person’s DV interview in the past just prepare for yours using others as a guide.

Good Luck to everyone.

birth certificate

hi,

thanks 4real4u. where do I get the NPC certificate. Do I have to go to my state of origin? then is it at the NPC office?
then about the medicals, is it possible to do anything with respect to that withouth the second letter from KCC?
thanks

Mine

hi,

thanks 4real4u. where do I get the NPC certificate. Do I have to go to my state of origin? then is it at the NPC office?
then about the medicals, is it possible to do anything with respect to that withouth the second letter from KCC?
thanks

I did mine in my state of origin which is Oyo state. My sister-in-law did it for me, not sure where she got it but i guess you can do it at any NPC office, if you know anybody in Ibadan it is around Governor's house not sure of the location in Lagos.

As per the medicals, i think in the UK you can start doing it b4 you get your 2nd NL 'cos i saw somewhere that if you do it b4 time it might save you a lot of processing time. I'll check the website and send it again.

I quite agree with all 4real4u has said above, there is no need to take anything for granted cos having gone the various posts in the DV2007 and DV2008 thread, a lot of things has been said about the NPC attestation letter for Birth certificate, so why take chances and don't get one to be on the safe side.
Personally, i have been to the US embassy six times between 1996 and 2005 for B1/B2 visa and each time i was successful, yet I will not become overconfident and let my guards down by ignoring any little or useful tips gotten through the internet from others who has successfully completed the DV process in the past.
So, NPC birth certificate is the in thing used by most winners at the US embassy in Lagos, then so be it.

Medicals

hi,

thanks

To know more about medicals for your area follow the link below

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html#Preparing_for_med_exam

Choose your area e.g for London choose LND and click on panel physicist to show what it takes for your area and if LAGOS choose LGS and so on. If you follow LONDON last paragraph on page 2 you'll see why i think one can start medicals early here. I have called the knighsbridge doctors and they said i should come up with a date i want to do my medicals and get back to them even without having 2nd NL, so far i have a case number from the 1st NL and i know i meet the minimum requirement which won't allow them not to send 2nd NL to me.

birth certificate

I did mine in my state of origin which is Oyo state. My sister-in-law did it for me, not sure where she got it but i guess you can do it at any NPC office, if you know anybody in Ibadan it is around Governor's house not sure of the location in Lagos.

As per the medicals, i think in the UK you can start doing it b4 you get your 2nd NL 'cos i saw somewhere that if you do it b4 time it might save you a lot of processing time. I'll check the website and send it again.

thanks,

I am from Ondo state, but lived almost all my live till last year in Ibadan,
I will ask my wife to check the NPC office tommorow and see if it can be issued ,despite being born in another state. my wife and son were born in ibadan so no problem.
does one have to show ones older birth certificate at NPC office?
thanks

yes

thanks,

I am from Ondo state, but lived almost all my live till last year in Ibadan,
I will ask my wife to check the NPC office tommorow and see if it can be issued ,despite being born in another state. my wife and son were born in ibadan so no problem.
does one have to show ones older birth certificate at NPC office?
thanks

You'll go along with your birth certificate and they'll issue the NPC cert., if you don't they'll ask her to go do affidavit of birth and come with it, which is double money so ask her to go with it.

You have to get somebody

hello 4real4u,
tanx for ur response.i will update my profile soon.meanwhile,do i need a sponsor?since i am single?also i dont not have any contact in the USA,how then do i receive my Greencard,when i succeed with my interview?

I think you'll have to have somebody at least if not as a sponsor but to send all other docs like welcome letter, green card to and where to stay for few weeks b4 you'll find your level.

hello 4real4u,

A friend introduced me to this forum,and since then i had been writting to you people but no reply. Please the letter i received from KCC ,the item no10 and11 i couldnt filled it because i dont know any body in US. And content of the letter said a place in US where i want my permanent home street address, inclouding the ZIPCODE,name of the person who curently lives there.Item no11 said a place where i want my GREENCARD to be mailled streetaddress inclouding the person who currently lives there.Please i want to know what i will do in this case.thanks for your concern.am waiting to know your reply.BYE. ?

This is in response to you e-mail sent to the forum administrator and /or moderators: As far as I can see you have been doing well on this forum, you seem to be opening a conversation with other users.

As far as needing an address in the USA, your options are to contact a lawyer in the USA, (the host of this forum Rajiv Khanna), or contact the US Embassy for further counsel on this matter.

Unfortunately, no one will give their address int he USA and a sponsor is not someone you can buy or get with money. The US laws are very strict and no one will break them, contrary to what it might seem to you.

My best advice is, if you are a lottery winner, and you have qualifications to get a Green Card, any good company will take you in as a worker.

Good Luck.-

Hello everyone,
I have another issue to share with you guys. I played the Dv lottery with my names as written below
Family Name: OLANIYAN,
Middle Name: DELE
First name; TAIWO

on my WAEC certificate and birth certificate,my name is written as OLANIYAN DELE TAIWO,

and on my international passport,my name is written as below
Surname: OLANIYAN, Other names: DELE TAIWO.

But in my first NL my name was written as OLANIYAN TAIWO DELE and TAIWO DELE OLANIYAN.

Do u think this would pose any problems for me when i go for my interview ?? Please respond