• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 Lucky winners from Nigeria

ok thanks

No they do not pay for anything. All they need to show is the necessary documents detailing their financial strength. It is a testatment to the authorities that the petitioner will not be a public charge. That is all...

See the attachmet..

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

Ok, thanks. I've gone through that severally but i still can't figure out why somebody told me the sponsor we'll be paying 'cos i can't find that onthe form. Anyways, thats what this forum is for, to clarify things.

Thanks again.

mail

hi guys,played the lottery last year in lagos,Nigeria.I now reside in the u.k on the highly skilled migrant visa.I have informed kcc of this and i requested to have my interview in london,England.i moved to london before the notification letters were sent.Do u think this would count against me?

if you don't mind try mail me on anjibobo@yahoo.com so dat we can get to know each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy, i think you'll have to go with your wife or your wife might have to appear at one point and if they find out it might lead to disqualification, even after you've been giving the visa in the absence of your wife. But i'll advice you to think about it b4 you go ahead and also know impossible is nothing with God.

Good Luck.

Thanks buddy for your thought but she is out of status if i go with her our case will be rejected. dont know what to do!

hi 4real4u,
thanks for ur response.i actually meant to write October,not August...my mistake..i will put a call to them immediately and let the house know how it went....Cheers

Hello 4REAL4U,
tanx once again for ur response..u have been of a great help to all members of the House.i read somewhere on this Forum that one can rent a mailing P.O Box[i hope i got the info right]over at the States ,where the welcome letter,Greencard..etc can be mailed to?kindly,put more light on this and the procedure to do so.hope to hear from u soon.keep doing the good work

affidafit of support

hi,

Guys, Im am still in search of a better sponsor.
Got this friend who is doctor in a specialty training in US.
I have asked him earlier for the possiblity of being our sponsor.
He mentioned that he does not have much saving now as he just moved to a new house and had to pay the initial deposit for the mortgage.
now my question is can he still be a good sponsor despite having not much in his account,by virtue of his work. he has three dependants (the wife and two children)had not sponsored anyone before and has a green card.
the other question is that do one nessearilly have to live with the sponsor at arrival in US? for example can we stay with someone other than our sponsor when arrive in US.
thanks

See

Hello 4REAL4U,
tanx once again for ur response..u have been of a great help to all members of the House.i read somewhere on this Forum that one can rent a mailing P.O Box[i hope i got the info right]over at the States ,where the welcome letter,Greencard..etc can be mailed to?kindly,put more light on this and the procedure to do so.hope to hear from u soon.keep doing the good work

Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure of renting but i won't advice it anyway.

If you can get a sponsor for yourself and your interview is successful which i pray so, i can link you with one of my friends or my in-laws where you can have all your papers sent to and they'll DHL it to you whenever they get it and to wherever you are. I can even negotiate staying with them for you at no cost depending on your family size for a while. To be on the safe side i will give you more details about myself and where you can find me both in Nigeria and UK, but i guarantee nothing bad will happen to your papers.

I own my house in UK, i'll give you the address and that of my house in Nigeria and my parents'. For us to talk more mail me on anjibobo@yahoo.com.

Good Luck.

hi,

He mentioned that he does not have much saving now as he just moved to a new house and had to pay the initial deposit for the mortgage.
now my question is can he still be a good sponsor despite having not much in his account,by virtue of his work. he has three dependants (the wife and two children)had not sponsored anyone before and has a green card.
the other question is that do one nessearilly have to live with the sponsor at arrival in US? for example can we stay with someone other than our sponsor when arrive in US.
thanks
its not about how much he has in his saving account but how much he makes in a yr.

I agree

hi,

thanks

I agree with johnkent. It is his salary per annum not his savings or something. So i think he should be able to do it if there are no other issues. He can also put his asset for you if he doesn't mind doing that.

Pls, am confused about this sponsorship of a thing,will KCC notify him or her as the case may be or we will have to wait till the 2nd letter comes in to direct us on how to go about it?
Secondly, what are the doc my spouse will submit.
Plssssss, I need a respond.
Wish all well.

hello every1,
i call Kamoras as regards starting for the interview with d 2nd letter,i was told that it is not allowed.except that i go to the US consulate and get the Medical forms there or come with the Email confirmation of my appointment date from KCC.

Good to know

hello every1,
i call Kamoras as regards starting for the interview with d 2nd letter,i was told that it is not allowed.except that i go to the US consulate and get the Medical forms there or come with the Email confirmation of my appointment date from KCC.

ok, good to know. If you want to wait for the 2nd NL just wait but if you can't wait just send them an e-mail to get confirmation letter and instead of going to the US embassy for the medical form see below. So you can use the confirmation letter with the form at the clinic.

Good Luck.

hi 4real4u,
thanks man..u seem very resourceful....i also got the Email confirmation..we wud be at the Hospital hopefully by monday to start...i will keep the house posted.

Thanks for the compliment. I am not sure of renting but i won't advice it anyway.

If you can get a sponsor for yourself and your interview is successful which i pray so, i can link you with one of my friends or my in-laws where you can have all your papers sent to and they'll DHL it to you whenever they get it and to wherever you are. I can even negotiate staying with them for you at no cost depending on your family size for a while. To be on the safe side i will give you more details about myself and where you can find me both in Nigeria and UK, but i guarantee nothing bad will happen to your papers.

I own my house in UK, i'll give you the address and that of my house in Nigeria and my parents'. For us to talk more mail me on anjibobo@yahoo.com.

Good Luck.

Whao!!!!
thanks for ur concern...i am actually a single Lady currently in her Finals in the University..i will honestly appreciate any assistant.i will send u an Email soon.thanks

Lucky you

Whao!!!!
thanks for ur concern...i am actually a single Lady currently in her Finals in the University..i will honestly appreciate any assistant.i will send u an Email soon.thanks

Lucky you, i'll definitely help you. Send me the email with your details especially phone no, i'll call you back. I'm not sure but since you're single i think you don't really need any sponsor, can somebody clarify please.

Good Luck.

Thanks

hi 4real4u,
thanks man..u seem very resourceful....i also got the Email confirmation..we wud be at the Hospital hopefully by monday to start...i will keep the house posted.

Thanks, lets know how it goes.

I spoke with Jesunifinisher tonight and very funny we're name sake. It was good at least speaking to somebody on this forum on phone.

Plsssss i need a respond.

:mad:
Pls, am confused about this sponsorship of a thing,will KCC notify him or her as the case may be or we will have to wait till the 2nd letter comes in to direct us on how to go about it?
Secondly, what are the doc my spouse will submit.
Plssssss, I need a respond.
Wish all well.

PLEASE WHAT WILL I DO TO GET A RESPOND FROM SOMEONE, MAYBE IT TAKES MORE THAT BEING A MEMBER. I ASKED THE ABOVE QUESTION ON THE 29th OF AUGUST AND NO RESPOND> PLEASE SOMEONE HELP WIHT AN ANSWER. WAITING TO GET ONE. THANKS.

No vex

:mad:

PLEASE WHAT WILL I DO TO GET A RESPOND FROM SOMEONE, MAYBE IT TAKES MORE THAT BEING A MEMBER. I ASKED THE ABOVE QUESTION ON THE 29th OF AUGUST AND NO RESPOND> PLEASE SOMEONE HELP WIHT AN ANSWER. WAITING TO GET ONE. THANKS.

Sorry guy, as per your 1st question i think they'll be contacted but not 100% sure, can somebody from dv2008 help us please. For the 2nd question read the link below:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

I hope this helps.

timing of affidafit of support.

hi all,

I will like to find out if there is a limit to how far from the date of interview the affidavit of support by the sponsor can be filled.
In the same vain , will like to know how far from the interview one can get the bank statement.