• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

sorry i have been away for long.
can someone tell me if there is a problem if someone is married but the lady still uses her maiden surname still not the husbands surname?
Kimathiz thanx for all the good information.wewe ni wetu

kimathiz
mzee am waiting for ur comment on the quiz on surname or anyone else.
wambui bring it on we r waiting sis

Concerning differing surnames

Hi,

The fact that your spouse has a different surname does not in any way negate the fact that you are married. All you will need to have is proof of the relationship, that is, a marriage certificate. If you all went the traditional marriage route, I would reccommend that you get a legal marriage document for the Government to substantiate your claim to marriage.

Regards

it was not a traditional marriage but a legal unfortunately we could not manage to change the names in january due to the fracas we experienced then n i had to move out of the country on a mission in early janu.

Everything helps when it comes to CP processing. One thing that I would like to tell guys is that stay positive. My sister's number was AF54XXX and we were so worried that the processing for DV-2008 will end bila her number becoming current. Her number is now current for September-2008. We had sent the first NL sometime last year. Right now I am just trying to get the affidavit and other documentation ready for her. It will be tight come September and we want to make sure that she is here by September God willing.

Hi folks, I'm 2009AF00039xxx winner, an f1 and been here for five years and still pursuing my undergraduate studies. My visa expired 3 years ago and passport a few months ago, but still have a valid 1-20 and will be in school for to more academic years before I graduate. I've never been out of status.
Now I planing to fly to Nairobi most likey next summer to do CP, before then I intend to renew my passport, and F1 in canada. Do you think the consular officers will question my never been at home since I came here? What am I expected to carry in terms of documents from here?
Have you ever done it before?

Hi guys im new let just keep each other informed for DV2009 now that DV2008 is almost over

2009AF00039XXX
NL dated 28th may 2008 got 1st NL dated 28th April 2008
11th June 2008 sent back forms
13th June 2008 confirmed delivered recieved by Cannon

Has any kenyan with lower CN gotten the 2NL mko wapi? let share ideas

CN 2009AF00039XXX
1st NL dated 28th April 2008 dated 28th may 2008
13th June 2008 confirmed delivered received by G.Gannon

Has any kenyan with lower CN gotten the 2NL mko wapi? let share ideas

I had a higher CN than yours, but do a search under my name and you will find all the answers u need, assuming u r legally in US already (and u will do CP), or you are still in Kenya (CP is the only option).

There's really not much other than my experience which I have extensively shared....so in short, stay put, your 2nd NL will not show up until June 2009( for a July 2009 interview) :D

Thanks iam still in kenya and hope to go the CP way

CN 2009AF00039XXX
1st NL dated 28th April 2008 dated 28th may 2008
13th June 2008 confirmed delivered received by C.Gannon

Minimum amount required

Hi,
I am a dv2009 winner. My CN 2009AF00032xxx. please tell me the minimum amount required in my bank statement and how arly before the interview date should the minimum have been in the account. a single person. The likely month for interview?

This is not a reply sorry1

Na hata yangu wacha tu.

Usikufe roho. number yangu ni AF44XXX, and I am waiting for it to become current in Aug-Sep 2008.

Keep in mind that a lot of pple cannot afford the new applicatin fees, and therefore will have to forfeit the opportunities. a family of 4 has to spend about $20 appt fee; $3,600 on paperwork at the embassy; $1000 for medicals; and then $1200 X 4 = $4,800 on airfare.

All these expenses before they even land in US soil. I will not be surprised if a spot for you is still available....remember, when your number is current (usually all #'s after 37000 are current by Aug), it's a mad dash to the consulate so be ready.

Mine is still cooking. I am waiting for the # to be current. I am in the US and will be doing CP in Montreal, Canada

why do these G.C guys give people hope and later disappoint them?
Nimekuwa nikisherea tangu nipate that i was selected but when i lernt of the meaning of case numbers i have been moarning how on earth can they cosider 64*** . sidhani sina hope for this 2009.Kwahivyo natry tena 2010 what of if I dont get yet my 2009 becomes current kuna shida? wasee hebu muadvice.Iam currently living in Belgium.

why do these G.C guys give people hope and later disappoint them?.

If you read carefully, u will see that we (I, actually) caution people from starting to celebrate since you are only guaranteed a GC, once u interview and they take your passport for visa stamping. Your number can become current, and you get called for interview, but fail to qualify for various reasons i.e. failing medicals, errors in your file, failing background check etc

For me, I did not want to get excited until they gave me back my passport with the actual stamp....between 8:30AM and 3:05PM when I got the passports...I considered my file as potentially up in the air.

sidhani sina hope for this 2009.Kwahivyo natry tena 2010 what of if I dont get yet my 2009 becomes current kuna shida? wasee hebu muadvice.Iam currently living in Belgium.

Angalia hii link: Previous DV Bulletins...and locate all september archives, u will see that the last 3 yrs, all AF #'s have become current (except a few countries)...so u never know, maybe in 2009 your # will become current

Also, there is no problem playing in the 2010 dv, coz let's assume u get a number below 6000, that means you will be called for a interview in October 2009!!...jaribu tena

Goodevening all. Can someone help me out here. My interview is on oct first and i would like to know if the police certificate they are asking for is certificate of non-conviction/certificate of good conduct or certificate of residence. I would appreciate a quick response

Kongis i guess it should be certificate of good conduct hope you have ready if the interview is first oct otherwise you could be late in getting it as it takes from two weeks to one month

Hi good people.

Am expecting ma interview in Nov unfortunately i cannot make travelling till Feb due to work related commitments n cant get a leave as per now.can someone pliz advice me how i can contact the nairobi embassy?i read in another profile that they usually refuse to change dates,anyone who have tried and it worked?

lets continue helping each other wananchi.cheers

Hi good people.

..can someone pliz advice me how i can contact the nairobi embassy?

lets continue helping each other wananchi.cheers

Mwananchi, just call the KCC-DV on the number provided in your 1st NL and get Nairobi's consulate e-mail. Thats how I got the montreal consulate e-mail.

FYI, they may not respond in a timely manner, so be prepared for some frustration...