• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

Hi .
U just go to the nearest police station request them to take u finger prints then take them to the nearest consular.thats part of their work to assist us guys.The consular will write a cover letter to CID HQT n send them together with the prints.For me they wa helpful.Just call the kenyan embassy near u am sure they will help.
if u send someone in kenya as long as they have by taken by a police officer wherever u r n stamped they will just process them once they will b delivered to nai n within 2 weeks u will get ur certificate.the police r not as rough as sometimes the press purport them to b.In normal circumstances u r supposed to present urself with ID n 1000ksh to CID HQT or police station if u r outside Nairobi n within 2 weeks the cert is always out.

all the best guys

Thanx for informat on recess some guys were disappointing me so much.i nearly gave up.
Medical appointment is possible as long as u communicate with the Dr.their Nos r available in this forum or on the US emabassy in Nairobi website .
Yes we can could u know something about Medical Lab jobs there?

Kimathiz,TNDV2008 r u still there?

Kama wewe mkenya lazima ukae ngumu juu wana siasa wetu hawatufikirii hata kidogo.

Thanx for informat on recess some guys were disappointing me so much.i nearly gave up.
Medical appointment is possible as long as u communicate with the Dr.their Nos r available in this forum or on the US emabassy in Nairobi website .
Yes we can could u know something about Medical Lab jobs there?

Kimathiz,TNDV2008 r u still there?

Kama wewe mkenya lazima ukae ngumu juu wana siasa wetu hawatufikirii hata kidogo.

I went to my local police office and they refused to take my finger prints, they said that they don't do that kind of job.
Nanii in any medical field jobs here you must be licensed here before you get considered for a job, if you have a bachelors degree from a reputable 4-year university and depending on which state you are in perhaps you stand a chance of enrolling for licensure exam, otherwise it is not going to be easy just to come and get a job with a foreign degree. That is how it works where I live. You will understand this when you land here.

this is the spirit i have been waiting to see from fellow kenya we need to encourage each other look at the nigerians

Yes u can pole sana.may b try talk to the kenyan consular n hear their view.it can b so sad that one have to go all the way to kenya for a good conduct.By the way yes u can pliz put a signature at leats we c how far u r bro?
Thanx for inform on jobs.
lets keep the forum active wazee

Is it that there r no pple who have attended interviews in Nairobi.we need this information wananchi

I know two or three who have done but do not think they know about this site i 'll ask them to post their experiences i wonder why others who have gone thro not sharing with us

Sure talk to them.
For medical exam u can call Dr Dogra n book over the phone.He is saying it costs Ksh10k thou it will depend depending on the vaccines taken.i will inform u guys in 2 weeks how much it will cost me n ma wife.I got married after applying but am confident i will make it through.

Will be in nairobi for inteview soon, will update you

Hi, Nanii,

i would like to let you know that i will be in Nairobi for my interview on 16th march 2009. i will update you after. keep me in your prayers.

About the medicals, ive just finished them, it will actually cost you 19300 Ksh, generaly though its subject to increament depending on age and needed vaccinations. Its not 10k, its definately more. though i went through Dr Meyerhold. took me one week, though i was a bit delayed due to non delivery of some of my medical results in time.

It can take between 2-5 working days depending on date of your visa interview. i met some one who arrived wednesday and by friday he had all results and was ready for the embassy on monday. Pray for the whole journey.

I am from another country though having my visa interview in nairobi and thats where i did my medicals.

will update about my journey, please pray for me while i pray for you for the 19th.

take care

Hi Ireb

Thanx so much for the information.We wish u the best n look forward to hearing from u a good testmony .U know our Drs in Nairobi likes money too much n they know this is the only time they can corner u.We wil all make it.

Regards

Hi

If someone will like to take some studies in Us when we make it,is it adisable to sit for the english test in ur country or its better when one is already in states?I believe we will make it.

its better to do it here. why will you want do the english test?
different departments (university) have diverse regulations so you rather come here first and figure out what you want to study.
By the way from your signature i can see your case # is very low <10,000, how comes you don't have a GC already?

Yes u can thanx for the good work u r doing.

I Had to change ma date as i could not manage to attend it in Nov 2008 due to work commitments.have confirmed i will attend next month at the nairobi embassy.
could anyone tell us if its better to pay for the interview using USD or KSH?how is their exchange rates

Guys u have been very quiet?

I had ma medical exam at Dr dogras clinic westlands.the results will take 4days as i was told.they do tests for HIV,routine tests for urine n stool.
I used about 10500 for it.was given a vaccine for tetanus n diptheria for 2500.they wanted to give me another jab for varicella which costs about 6k thou i had chicken pox when i was a kid.i had to insist that i dont need to but the receptionist were saying if the marks r not still visible i have to get a jab.i insisted on seeing the Dr so he could explain it to me.thats the time when theyb removed the Var vaccine from the one i was to get.lesson.they r just after cash this guys so u must make sure u understand every vaccine they want to give u.U can also talk to their nurses they r very helpful.

all in all it took me less than 2 hours for everything to b done will go for the results tomorrow which am optimistic they will b ok

The main interview next week i just look forward to it.Guys lets pray for each other.wishing all the best

credit card

Can I make payments using a credit card master/visa when doing medicals and at the consulate interview?
Wish you best of luck.

kenyan winners

Helo kenyans,

Would anyone done with the interview,please tell the their experience at the interrview at nairobi,the questions they were asked at the interview.
Thank you.

Hi, my experiwnce in Nairobi

Helo kenyans,

Would anyone done with the interview,please tell the their experience at the interrview at nairobi,the questions they were asked at the interview.
Thank you.

Hi, all

Guys sorry for delay in replying as promised earlier. Better late than never.

First of all, thanks to all of you guys for the information given and the sharing. i was successful and as i speak now, i have my visa with me back home .

NOTE: guys go with a copy of your finger prints together with the certificate of good conduct. Its needed, if you dont go with finger prints to, you will be sent back.

Also Go with ariginals and photo copies of all your testimonials too. The photo copy is what is retained and the original is given back to you.

INTERVIEW:

I was scheduled for 9am , a6th March, got there at 6am. the gate man did not late me in coz of the time. and by 6am when i got there, people who had appointments for 6am were already on the line. so i stood outside up to 8:30am, then i was let in through the first gate. passed through second and finally went inside. At all points you must show your appointment letter.

Inside, we were made to sit in the order of arrival, gave our interview letters to the recepitionst who handed them in. Then they would call you to a window, the first window i went to i was asked to give my academic docs (originals and photocopies (one)), handed in finger prints and cerificate of good conduct, medical report and bith certificate. Lucky for me i was not asked the affidavit of support (though i had it). Then the lady gave me a blue paper to take to the cashier to pay the 775$. i paid and was made to sit down again and wait. ofcourse you hand in the pay slip after paying to the window where it was issued from.

Then i sat down again, waited for 30 minutes and was called to another window for finger print taking and then 20 minutses later the interview. at that window, i saw the lady had all documents i had handed in and what i sent to the consulate. She just made me swear to tell the truth, asked me what happens when one is getting a certificate of good conduct, i told her. then she asked me where my green card should be sent, i told her and she gave me a paper ( allowing me to go out and make photo copies of my ariginal docs, birth cerificate and academic docs, told me to bring them in at 1pm and i come back for my visa after three days. That was it.

Its not hard if you have all the docs required. i was with a kenyan lady who became my friend, we all got. i did not see any denials. Just pray and trust god. i know all will go well. Both ou us were not asked for the affidavit of support. even the pics i had taken were not asked for.

Hope niina and others get this.
Thanks guys for all the help.

Ireb congrants bro.

I had a succesful interview guys on the 19th.I will share with u guys shorty pliz bear with me for now.

I will pick up on the 2nd apri