• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

Early Bird Catches The Warm

All Kenyans Wishing To Apply For The Green Card Dv 2010 Should Make Sure They Forward Their Applications On The First Day When The Web Site Is Officially Launched. If You Follow My Advice And You Happen To Be Selcected, Your Case Number Will Be Less Than Cn 20000. Good Luck Everyone And Lets Help Each Other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any Future Dv 2010 Winner From Kenya And Would Wish To Be Offered With Affidavit Of Support Documentation Or Even Be Hosted But Not More 3 Months Should CONTACT ME PRIVATELY. Its Not Possible TO OFFER THE FAVOUR TO Dv 2008 Or 2009 Due To Many Commitments.

Any Future Dv 2010 Winner From Kenya And Would Wish To Be Offered With Affidavit Of Support Documentation Or Even Be Hosted But Not More 3 Months Should CONTACT ME PRIVATELY. Its Not Possible TO OFFER THE FAVOUR TO Dv 2008 Or 2009 Due To Many Commitments.

Kimathiz I tried posting via cell but it was slow. My apologies to you if the reply appears twice. This is a forum for dv winners to share ideas. Please clarify if you are a dv winner because your post conveys the impression that you are either a broker or a fixer. Please note that the affidavit of support is not a cure all and that the totality of the applicant's circumstances are considered during the interview. The affidavit carries very little weight in particular where there is no compelling relationship between the sponsor and the applicant and accordingly I would urge the members of the house to treat offers "for affidavit of support documentation" with absolute caution.

Its very true what longing4us says.Kimathiz how sure r u that if one applies withing the first day ur CN will b below 2000.Have done any research?
On the affidavit LOnging4us do u think the nairobi embassy r very strict on it if for example u have like 10k USD in ur account n are married but with no kids.
Lets help each other with this important information

[On the affidavit LOnging4us do u think the nairobi embassy r very strict on it if for example u have like 10k USD in ur account n are married but with no kids.
[/QUOTE]

Nanii , I am unaware as to what amount of cash assets are considered adequate by the KE embassy and how strict the embassy is regarding the affidavit. However in determining the minimum income a sponsor or petitioner must demonstrate, the HHS federal poverty guidelines are applied. For a family of 2 the 2008 HHS guidelines prescribe a minumum income of USD14,000(travel.state.gov). Please check the helpful thread by Catseyes and also search for threads posted by Charleston who was a DV winner from KE. I think it is prudent to cover all your bases and therefore if you have a willing sponsor by all means you should also get an affidavit to be on the safe side.

Kimathiz how sure r u that if one applies withing the first day ur CN will b below 2000.Have done any research?

I can attest to how Kimathiz deduced the likelyhood of getting a low number. My sis-in-law applied in the first week of DV2007, and her number was somewhere in the 6000's. I applied in final month of DV2008 and my number is in the 44000's.

So, take it as a general hint. The worst case is that someone is never selected, and as such, life moves on.

The affidavit carries very little weight in particular where there is no compelling relationship between the sponsor and the applicant ...

To longing4usa,

While it is understandable that you have a healthy skeptism of someone offering to assist with Aff. of Support, I'm curious how your "experience" allows u to make the above statement.

I have seen affidavit of support, and even though there is a section that asks about the relationship, it is not always possible to have a "relative" already in the US, and as such, making it a requirement for the winner to have "strong ties" to the US would defeat the purpose of the DV lottery concept.

Remember, the sponsor is signing a binding agreement, enforceable by the INS, and as such, the onus is on the sponsor not to "oversponsor". IIRC there is a question in the form which asks if the sponsor has sponsored other petitioners previously, which when truthfully answered, might disqualify the sponsor, unless s/he is making a lot of money i.e. $200K/year to keep sponsoring over & over & over

na hizo ndizo centi mbili zangu za Kenyatta :)

TNDV, Please read up 9 FAM 40.41 N4 6-3. You will see that Affidavit of Support Form I-134 used by dv immigrants unlike Form I 864 is not legally enforceable which explains why it is given consideration alongside the applicants totality of circumstances e.g age , health and education. It would also explain why an affidavit of support, that is Form I 134, would carry more weight if it is issued by a relative or a long term friend as opposed to a stranger. :)

TNDV, Please read up 9 FAM 40.41 N4 6-3. You will see that Affidavit of Support Form I-134 used by dv immigrants unlike Form I 864 is not legally enforceable ...

IIRC, I have only seen I-864 used thru AOS route. So u are telling me that if one is doing CP, then the proper affidavit of support form is I-134? and in this form the expectation of support is not enforceable?

yah for DV u require a Affidavit of support form 1-134 which is not enforceable by law.
On the low case numbers i applied on the last day n my number is not that high.I think it all depends with someones luck.Ama vipi
cheers good people

hi nanii,

I'm not disagreeing with your argument but what i mean't, majority of the winners with low case numbers forward their applications on the very first day.

I will advice people to try it this year then we analyse it with good data.
Dont we have people who have undergone CP interview in Nairobi wityh something for us to share?

Hello

I found this forum informative. It's good to exchange ideas.

My CN is 2009AF00023***
NL dated - 16 April 08
NL received at postal office - 05 May 08
Replied on - 16 May 08
DHL notified delivery of mail to KCC on 22 May 08

From your past exprience, how is the probability of this CN? Any hope?

Thank you,

welocme tek5.which country r u from.if not from nigeria u have great chance by June July if the numbers move well just like this year.

all the best

Thank you nanii for the welcome message and for your best wish,
Actually I'm from Ethiopia. Do you have info on the previous year trend?

Thank you,

____________________________________________-

CN is 2009AF00023***
NL dated - 16 April 08
Replied on - 16 May 08

Hello,

How long does it take to be called for interview after your CN becomes current?

CN is 2009AF00023***
NL dated - 16 April 08
Replied on - 16 May 08

You will receive a second letter before your case number becomes current - possibly early in march or April. Make sure all the documents are ready before Feb 09

Thank you Kimathiz,

So does that mean the interview date will be indicated on the second letter?

Thank you,

CN is 2009AF00023***
NL dated - 16 April 08
Replied on - 16 May 08

Tek 5

the second mail will indicate the interview date and the location or medical facility for your medical tests and also it would be ideal to apply for your police check in jan or feb if you are in kenya coz it tends to take longer. You will make it. Dont panic.

Thank you for Kimathiz,

Actually I'm from Ethiopia,

Replied on - 16 May 08