• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

kenyan winners

Hey nanii,
Thanks alot.

My interview was scheduled for 8.A.M so i was there at 7.10 A.M, we were told to start queing at 7.30 A.M. I showed the appointment letter to the guard at the entrance and after being checked, i was allowed to go inside.

Then there was long line but since I was for immigrate visas, I was told to stand in the shorter line, after standing for a short time, i was allowed in a small office like building where they do the checking.

After that, I was allowed in the main building, on the entrance was given a form for instructions for the fee that they are un-refundable and the security took my 1st NL.

Then the security told us to sit,we were about 25 DV including families.

Once my turn came, I went to window number 3 to give my documents. The officer asked for my birth cerficates with translaions because I had them in french. Give my high school certificate, and leaving certificate and the police clearance. NB;- Make sure you have a photocopy of all the documents because after I gave my originals, she also asked for my birth certificates and highschool and leaving certificates copy.
I gave her and after going through, she give me the blue invoice to go pay at the casheir.
After duing that, I went to return her the receipt of the payment.

Then I had to wait like another 45 min for the finger prints.

Then another 45 min for the interview.

My name was announched for the interview, I went to window number 10.

I looked at the consular, smiled at her and said good morning, she did the same.

She started looking at documents.

Questions.

CO:- Are you marid?
Me:; No
CO:- Do you have children?
Me : No

CO; Is this the address you will be staying pointing at the address I had indicated in the form.
me; Yes
Co; Are you telling the truth?
Me:- Yes.
That was it,
She said come and collect the visa after 2 weeks .

I said thank you very very much

:):):):):):):

kenyan winners

Hello eveeryone.

I wanted to ask for information of the port of entry and the likely questions for a DV winner, where would I get such information?

dEKOW

SALAMU.

I am a diversity winner from Kenya. My interview date is comfirmed 10/June/09.

iS THE INTERVIEW VERY EASY IF YOU HAVE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENT. Is a recommendation leter very neccessary to carry at the time of interview. I am just a form four leaver I am qualified. I have no other qualification.

Last edited by a moderator:
SALAMU.

I am a diversity winner from Kenya. My interview date is comfirmed 10/June/09.

iS THE INTERVIEW VERY EASY IF YOU HAVE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENT. Is a recommendation leter very neccessary to carry at the time of interview. I am just a form four leaver I am qualified. I have no other qualification.

You shouldnt worry The Certificate from examination council will do. I suppose you did KCSE

Good luck

I am preparing to go an interview in the coming month. Please tell me the most important document that must presented at conular interview. Any Dv winners who passed the interview and the duration of the interview.

Hrithik

Was interviewed you a lady or man. How long the duration went.

My interview was scheduled for 8.A.M so i was there at 7.10 A.M, we were told to start queing at 7.30 A.M. I showed the appointment letter to the guard at the entrance and after being checked, i was allowed to go inside.

Then there was long line but since I was for immigrate visas, I was told to stand in the shorter line, after standing for a short time, i was allowed in a small office like building where they do the checking.

After that, I was allowed in the main building, on the entrance was given a form for instructions for the fee that they are un-refundable and the security took my 1st NL.

Then the security told us to sit,we were about 25 DV including families.

Once my turn came, I went to window number 3 to give my documents. The officer asked for my birth cerficates with translaions because I had them in french. Give my high school certificate, and leaving certificate and the police clearance. NB;- Make sure you have a photocopy of all the documents because after I gave my originals, she also asked for my birth certificates and highschool and leaving certificates copy.
I gave her and after going through, she give me the blue invoice to go pay at the casheir.
After duing that, I went to return her the receipt of the payment.

Then I had to wait like another 45 min for the finger prints.

Then another 45 min for the interview.

My name was announched for the interview, I went to window number 10.

I looked at the consular, smiled at her and said good morning, she did the same.

She started looking at documents.

Questions.

CO:- Are you marid?
Me:; No
CO:- Do you have children?
Me : No

CO; Is this the address you will be staying pointing at the address I had indicated in the form.
me; Yes
Co; Are you telling the truth?
Me:- Yes.
That was it,
She said come and collect the visa after 2 weeks .

I said thank you very very much

:):):):):):):[/QUOTE]

helo dekow,

It was a black lady. Its not long, mine was for 8.A.M aswell and I was done by 12.00 noon.

Make sure you have all the documents plus their photocopies and all will go well.

Hope that helps.

Hello people,

Can anyone give me information for a DV winner at the port of entry and the likely questions to expect during immigrations.

Thank you.

Mr. Hrithik

I request you list for me the documents that your submitted and their photocopies one. Any reply in this case will be highly appreciated.

Mr. Hrithik

Please inform me early the most important documents that are required and their photocopy ones. Did examine you what you have written in DS forms.

Can anyone give me information for a DV winner at the port of entry and the likely questions to expect during immigrations.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

hello,

You need to have birth certicates,your form 4 certicates with the leavin certi and their photocopy.

Hrithik

They dont require primary certificate they only need form 4 certificate.
I am finding information about POE. Dont worry. Leave for me your email.

Hi,Hrthik

At POE they don't have anything to do with your documents except the seal envelope containing your application forms and documents giving to you at the embassy to drop off at the port of entry.