• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2009 lucky kenyan winners

Thanks Hrithik
Pliz help us with the experience i have a cuzo due for medicals next week.Do u need to book the interview over the phone just like the Sarit Drs?

kenyan winners

Hi nanni,

No you have to go their to give the documents ( original passport, interview letter) and book an appointment. You can do this the previous day before going for medicals.
Next day you go for medicals, they will test for HIV, then the nurse will check for vision, measure height, blood pressure,weight.
Then after some time the doctor will observe you as in she will check you. Then you will be given a slip to go pay the cash at CFC bank which is not far from the place, then you will need to go to Nairobi hospital, in the nairobi hospital there is a complex of IOM where they do x-rays. Ten after that you will need to go back at IOM for 3 other vaccines and thats it. You will take a whole day there so plan accordingly. You will get the report the next day.I had gone on thursday last week so will get my report today between 4-5 P.M.
Thank you.Hope that helps.

Thanx hrithik
which vaccine do they need?may be we can advice forum members on them its cheaper going for vaccines at ur private Drs clinic or a the councils offices.ur take on this chief?
Thanx for the information.
Guys lets introduce more pple to this forum it has helped many of us.A friend of mine had won 2007 he got married after the online application.some guys adviced to just go with the marriage cert for the interview all would b ok.unfortunately they never made.

kenyan winners

hello nanni,

I dont think they will accept any other vacines apart from the once done by IOM, even if you have taken and you go for the interview, the consular officer will ask you to go to IOM for the vacines. So please DONT compromise on this. Make sure ALL your Medicals are done by IOM ONLY and no other organisation.

Thank you.

hi hrithik
Is the medical form (ds2053) available at IOM or you can download it and go with it or it is picked from the US embassy

kenyan winners

hello,

Yes the medical form is available at IOM. When you get your 2 nd NL, a form is also among the letter.
Thank you.

everything needed for ur interview like police report forn, medical test form and etc is enclosed in d 2nd NL. when it arrived.
pls don't do d medical anyother place apart from d recommended pysican or clinic. gud luck wit ur interview.

Hello House

I need your candid advice,my wife is the primary applicant,she was the one that won,our case number would probably be current in July,we just got married last weekend.I just want to know the latest time we can update KCC about her status so that my name as her husband will be added to her beneficiary .I want my name to come with the second letter .Please do advice me on when to send it.Can KCC still update me when we have receive the second letter only for me wife???Please let me know asap.

John

Hi John 4 u?
Do u have any kids together or a tradition wedding?it will b a difficult case Bro n the chances r they will think its a greencard wedding but with all the evidence to show u had a strong relation b4 .which kind of wedding did u do?

Hi John 4 u?
Do u have any kids together or a tradition wedding?it will b a difficult case Bro n the chances r they will think its a greencard wedding but with all the evidence to show u had a strong relation b4 .which kind of wedding did u do?

Hi. pliz send a copy marriage certificate to KCC and US embassy in Nairobi with your wife's case number and advice them about the changes. I believe they will approve your application. ignore Nanii

Kimathiz is right, You need to sent KCCDV an email letting them know about the change then scan the marriage cert and send it to them ASAP before they start processing your wife's documents. You will also need to fill in the visa forms and scan and send them too. Lakini be prapared for the interview sababu you have to have evidence ya marriage yenu. Went through a situation like that though not a difficult one. Was married customarily but had to get legalize. Had been married already for 5yrs, i had included my family but still had to prove that i did not get married because of the green card. Usijali, just harakisha and get all the info to KCCDV.

Try this out: I am sure this will be of help
If you have any kids you also need to let them know and you should fill in the form for them too, the kind of forms you were sent for IN THE FIRST NL.

(AGAIN, GETTING KCCDV TO INCLUDE YOU AS A BENEFICIARY IS NOT DIFFICULT, YOU WILL HAVE TO BE PREPARED FOR YOUR INTERVIEW. LAZIMA MUWE NA MAPICHA ZA TENE ZILE MME PIGA PAMOJA, EMAILS, CARDS ETC (PROVE OF YOUR MARRIAGE). IF YOU WERE STAYING TOGETHER BEFORE YOU CAN SHOW PROVE OF CUSTOMARY MARRIAGE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS GIVE ME YOU EMAIL ADDRESS AND I WILL BE GLAD TO HELP IN ANY WAY).

Fax: (606) 526 7501
E-mail: KCCDV@state.gov

Subject: MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE 2009AF0002.... - MM-DD-YYYY

Dear Sir/Madam

Name:
Date of birth: MM-DD-YYYY
Case number: 2009AF0002.....

I got married on....to ....... please find attached a copy of my marriage certificate and the visa immigration forms.

Kind regards,

……… ……….

People i managed to email KCC on 16/04/09 and they have replied and confirmed the interview date on 10/06/2009

kenyan winners

Hello nanni and ireb,

When you went for your interview,didi you go with the affidavit of support?if yes,how much balance do you need to show for 1 person? And what additional documents do you need to show?
Thank you

Hi Hrithik.
We were not asked for the affidavit of support or bank statements{nb-i was with ma wife).I have not heard of anyone being asked for it in the nairobi.But its always good to carry everything that u have in case they ask for them.i understand they cannot denie u visa for missing it but will request u to take it once u get.I have read from other threads that singles r rarely asked for them.
Just go with the documents on the 1st nl.For me i was asked for internation passport,KCSE cert,birth and marriage certs,police clearance{good conduct }for all contries where u have resided for more than 6months,medicals n the passport photos.no other documents were required.All the best bro.when is the interview?Just have confidence all wil b ok
Gesusu all the best.prepare urself well in advance n u will b ok.

kenyan winners

Hello Nanni,

Thank you so much for the information. I will take the afidavit with me if they ask for it.
Thank you.