• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

simple_man,

congratulations on winning the DV...its going to be a long and winding road...read this one as well as 2008 AOS thread...thats all i did...you'll find angels here with answers to your questions...

Congratulations Heatbeat09

I too, have finally received my greencard so i don't have to worry about OPT and H1B etc its a big relief.

Thanks again to all in this forum and good luck to those who are still working towards getting theirs.

Ok my dear friends,

The GC arrived on Saturday, so this journey is finally over for me. I made it to the finish line. Once again, thanks a lot to everybody who contributed to this forum and especially to the moderators. Good Luck to everybody who is still in the process! You know this is important to you, so take the necessary time to do everything right. Pay attention to details, read this forum, research and follow the procedures and you should be fine.

To all current and future immigrants in this country: A lot of us have been here for a long time and we have earned our right to be here with our sweat, with our blood and tears. So don't bow down to arrogant red necks. They don't deserve to be here more than we do. Unless they are Native Americans, we are all immigrants in this country. At the same time, don't ever forget where you come from. Don't just go with the flow. While you enjoy the benefits of this country, remember that a big part of the world is not as fortunate as you are. A lot of people around the world - and perhaps your own people too - are living in poverty or undergoing human rights abuses. While you are living your more fortunate life, try to give back and help those people. Let's work together for a world where nobody is going to take advantage of others, and everybody will enjoy equal rights and happiness. Money and fame can only bring a momentary happiness, but our real happiness depends on the others and that's why we need to take care of each other.

We have put our questions before on this forum, and as we did not get any response we are repeating our request.

Our AOS interview done July 23, 2009. Interview lasted 40 minutes to 45 minutes.
IO informed us that their system was down and fax was not responding!
IO took out our I94 from passports. Did not take our H1 based i94s only ones from time of entry. He asked us for cell phone & work phones, saying they will contact us.
Then gave us a letter stating we should be contacted in 30days. IO gave us a letter which mentioned ''..Continued Processing..." and the box was checked stating "Adjucative Review, ...no documents required...". our Alien Numbers were mentioned ending with DV6 & DV7.
Then asked if we had any questions. Naturally we asked if are approved. IO told us that Continued Processing and Adjucative Review and within 30 days they will inform us.

Based on above facts we have following questions:

1. Do IOs generally call on cell phone? We thought they inform only via mail!

2. Is this interview positive? Hopeful?

3. When should we do the Infopass as at time of writing this it is about 12days?

4. When we check the status it is still stating "...application received with Finger Print fee...file tranferred to MSC..."
Whereas we have already been interviewed! Therefore they are not updating the case status online!

When we left the interview we did not talk. Everything is in a LIMBO. Do not know what to do? What to hope? No answers only confusion.

Thanks to anyone for giving us a feedback. This forum has been very helpful to ordinary folks like us.

As ALWAYS Best of Luck to Everyone.
THANKS & REGARDS

CONGRATS ItsoFototo.
Great words. All the best to you in USA! Your journey for GC is over and another one has started!
Welcome to USA.

... A lot of us have been here for a long time and we have earned our right to be here with our sweat, with our blood and tears. So don't bow down to arrogant red necks. They don't deserve to be here more than we do. Unless they are Native Americans, we are all immigrants in this country. At the same time, don't ever forget where you come from. Don't just go with the flow. While you enjoy the benefits of this country, remember that a big part of the world is not as fortunate as you are. A lot of people around the world - and perhaps your own people too - are living in poverty or undergoing human rights abuses. While you are living your more fortunate life, try to give back and help those people. Let's work together for a world where nobody is going to take advantage of others, and everybody will enjoy equal rights and happiness. Money and fame can only bring a momentary happiness, but our real happiness depends on the others and that's why we need to take care of each other...

Congratulations, ItsoFototo. Thanks for the great words. I see that everybody received their green cards around 10 days after their interview. That means I might receive mine in about 5 days.

Congratulations to all those who received their GC, and good luck to all those who are still in the process and I tell them don't worry, You will all get the GC on time :)

Cop

My status Just changed to COP. I should get my green card soon. I did not even have to go for interview. Thank to GOD. Good luck everyone.

My status Just changed to COP. I should get my green card soon. I did not even have to go for interview. Thank to GOD. Good luck everyone.

Wow!! Great news!!Congrats!!
First time I hear of this.
Did you have a pending 485 application pending through work (EB) or somthing else?

Can I travel outside the United States as soon as I received my Green Card? Or should i stay here for a period of time?

I will receive my GC in about 2 weeks at most, hopefully, and I am planning to travel early september.

bhshvKTMpk,

You should do an InfoPass as soon as possible. With InfoPass you get updated information on your case and, more importantly, you can push for faster processing.

Did you say your file wasn't even at the local office yet? I wonder how could they have an interview with you without your file? Do you know if your background check has been done? If you don't, ask them at the InfoPass. To me, it sounds like it might be a bureaucratic negligence that causes the delay. Whatever it is, it's in your best interest to do whatever is possible to push things forward.

Your next option is to contact your gov. representative and congressman. It will definitely help clear bureaucratic obstacles. Keep working on it, but don't panic. You'll be alright. Good Luck!

I have been waiting for an interview letter since I had my biometrics appointment at the end of June. I decided to go for an infopass appointment today to get an update.

To those who have EB cases outstanding. I did not know this when I applied, maybe other applicants knew. When you apply for the lottery case you need to note the alien # on your other application. This apparently speeds up the process because they then request your other case early on in the process. The hold up on mine is that they are still waiting for my EB case to be transfered down to the local office. The other case is already there. They assured me they would schedule the interview asap, when they get the other file. This stuff is so complicated I tell you. So the other case does have something to do with the diversity case after all......

I have been waiting for an interview letter since I had my biometrics appointment at the end of June. I decided to go for an infopass appointment today to get an update.

To those who have EB cases outstanding. I did not know this when I applied, maybe other applicants knew. When you apply for the lottery case you need to note the alien # on your other application. This apparently speeds up the process because they then request your other case early on in the process. The hold up on mine is that they are still waiting for my EB case to be transfered down to the local office. The other case is already there. They assured me they would schedule the interview asap, when they get the other file. This stuff is so complicated I tell you. So the other case does have something to do with the diversity case after all......

nlhanhla,

I have an EB case pending as well, I did not get biometrics notice nor an interview letter. I did put my A# on the DV form and also put the EB case # and that did not speed up anything. When I called USCIS twice, they said over and over that the 2 processes have nothing to do with each other so what you're telling me is a bit surprising.
I've scheduled an infopass tomorrow morning and we'll see what answers I get this time!!

Keep us posted.

nlhanhla,

I have an EB case pending as well, I did not get biometrics notice nor an interview letter. I did put my A# on the DV form and also put the EB case # and that did not speed up anything. When I called USCIS twice, they said over and over that the 2 processes have nothing to do with each other so what you're telling me is a bit surprising.
I've scheduled an infopass tomorrow morning and we'll see what answers I get this time!!

Keep us posted.

I did ask the lady what she was on about becoz before I applied I had an infopass and asked about that same thing. She just told me it was because I didn't write my previous A# on the application. Because I now have 2 A#'s I have to wait until they get the other application. Maybe they want to cancel the other file if they approve this one. Your guess is as good as mine.

Anyway, keep us posted as well Imados

Interview date July 23, 2009. We receive letter from IO stating "CONTINUED PROCESSING", 'Adjudicative Review' '...do not need anything at this time.' "We will inform you within 30days'.

Based on above facts THEREFORE 14days have gone by. When should we do the INFOPASS? When meaning even though 30days are not over can we do INFOPASS?

Only 55 days to go before DV2009 is over. Think positive everyone, positive thinking helps. Even though I know it easy said then really applied! It is one thing to be an Adviser and another to be the person facing the SITUATION!

Please someone guide us. Thanks.

Regards
Best of Luck to Everyone For A Timely Approval!

bhshvKTMpk,

I join with itsfototo to recommend you to take infopass and visit the local office asap. You can always say to the IO that, you were concerned due to the approaching deadline. I hope and wish you will receive approval notification before your infopass. In the worst case, you have 15 days left for USCIS decision which is far less than 55 days for the DV/AOS deadline.

best wishes,
Soms

Interview date July 23, 2009. We receive letter from IO stating "CONTINUED PROCESSING", 'Adjudicative Review' '...do not need anything at this time.' "We will inform you within 30days'.

Based on above facts THEREFORE 14days have gone by. When should we do the INFOPASS? When meaning even though 30days are not over can we do INFOPASS?

Only 55 days to go before DV2009 is over. Think positive everyone, positive thinking helps. Even though I know it easy said then really applied! It is one thing to be an Adviser and another to be the person facing the SITUATION!

Please someone guide us. Thanks.

Regards
Best of Luck to Everyone For A Timely Approval!

ItsoFoto:
(1) FP/Biometrics were not required because of previous EB AOS application, and were cleared according to IO
(2) At time of interview IO informed us that their system was down & fax connection with previous could not be established
(3) Everything about us from previous filings was know to IO
(4) According to our interpretation it is admin delay (?), just our assumption
(5) If IO takes out i94s from passport what it means, as that is the only proof we have to establish our entering the country!

We looked at Infopass when we go to website it mentions 45 days have to pass. We are really confused as to what to do now. That is, can we apply for infopass.

Sorry we keep repeating our questions. Apologise as we will not repeat them as it can be irritating to others here. We will silently bear the consquences.

Best of Luck, EVERYONE!

bhshvKTMpk,

Do the InfoPass now. You can do as many InfoPasses as you want and whenever you want. Like soms said, just tell them that you are very anxious because of the approaching deadline.

nlhanhla and Imados,

I think, even though your EB cases are independent from your DV cases, they still need to collect all your documents to consider your whole immigration history.