• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

i think it is serious stuff like convicted 'felonies' which matter. not something like a onetime traffic violation. But you may want to chk the seriousness of your specific violation. I 'think' stuff like no/expired permits, DUI s etc does matter !

Thanks NuvF, It is just a "no parking" ticket.

hello AOS 2009! It has been a while since I've posted on these boards but I just wanted to tell you all a story which I thought you'd appreciate.

many of you, like me, applied for the DV lottery on numerous occasions before winning it and were always skeptical about whether it was ever going to work for you.

however once you won, like me, you told everyone you knew that they should apply and that if it had happened to you, it could happen to them too. well, I told a good friend of mine and of course he was a huge skeptic but he listened nonetheless and today he called me to tell me that he received a big white envelope from KCC! his number is 2010EU00021*** so he will not be current for a while but there is hope, particularly because he will probably do CP.

tell all your friends and loved ones about the DV lottery! lightning does strike twice in the same circle of friends!!

hope you are all well and enjoying your new LPR status as much as I am....

August Bulletin # s

AFRICA 64,300

Except: Egypt 22,750
Ethiopia 22,800
Nigeria 15,650

All other rgns CURRENT !!

Card production ordered

Hi Everyone,

I hope we are going thru to end of the our Green Card Journey. Today
we received a card production ordered e-mail and we are very happy.
First I want to thank you for this forum and people who support this forum
with their knowledge. I have learned so much from you and all guys you support eachother like a team. I like this.

So i want to thank you all again and I want to sent our best wishes for rest of your life.

June 25, 2008 : 2nd Letter KCC
December 5, 2008 : Medical Exam
December 8, 2008 : $375*4 fee to DOS
December 20, 2008 : DOS Receipt
January 16, 2009 : AOS package to Chicago
January 28 , 2009 : Checks cashed
February 2 , 2009 : NOA
February 7, 2009 : Biometrics letter received
February 18,2009 : Biometrics Done
March 26,2009 : Interview letter received for May 6
May 6,2009 : Interview completed.
June 15,2009 : Card production ordered.

Waiting for our Green Cards...

DV2009 in NY

I submitted adjustment of status via DV2009 and the local office (26 Federal Plaza in NY) has the applcation. I have been in for several infopass appointments. Most recently when I went in they implied that no interviews for DV2009 had been conducted yet and they were not going to start doing them until August.

However, this would only leave one month for everything to be completed. Does this sound right? Has anybody else had a DV2009 interview at 26 Federal Plaza in NY?

Sorry for all the questions, but I was also wondering if anybody could suggest a lawyer with a relevant area of expertise.

Thanks

second card production ordered notice

I am really surprised that...i again got another email from CRIS saying card production ordered on June 16th,,,,
Anyone know why am I getting this notice two times....i was actually waiting for my card...but this notice again...hmmm...surprising..!!!!!

halp,

There's been a number of people in this forum who already had their interviews at NYC field office. In all those cases, it took about 3.5 months from the filing to the interview. When did you send your AOS application? Have you done biometrics?

I am also in NYC. I did an InfoPass today just to check if my file has been transfered and if my name check has been done. They said "yes" on both.

Does anybody have an idea how long it takes to get the interview notice after your file has been transfered to the local office? They said, mine was there on June 1st. Also, most people got their interview notice about two weeks after they did biometrics. Does anybody have more info about that?

Thanks.

Did anybody had an interview at San Antonio office, and can you please post your experience. My wife won dv2010.
Thank you.

I sent in my AOS package in October 2008 but made a few mistakes. I didn't pay the Department of State fee until May 2009 and I didn't include my medical in the original AOS package. Biometrics were done in March 2009.

I think I have submitted everything that needs to be submitted now though. Every time I go in for an infopass appointment I get told something different so I'm not sure what to do.

halp,

There's been a number of people in this forum who already had their interviews at NYC field office. In all those cases, it took about 3.5 months from the filing to the interview. When did you send your AOS application? Have you done biometrics?

I am also in NYC. I did an InfoPass today just to check if my file has been transfered and if my name check has been done. They said "yes" on both.

Does anybody have an idea how long it takes to get the interview notice after your file has been transfered to the local office? They said, mine was there on June 1st. Also, most people got their interview notice about two weeks after they did biometrics. Does anybody have more info about that?

Thanks.

Hi Everyone!
I am brand new to this forum but very greatful for it. I am excited to post my signature once I figure out how to do it. I have a few questions. My number is now current and I already paid the DV fee to KCC so what's my next step? Do I just go ahead and do the medicals or do I wait for a letter from USCIS? I already sent my NL to USCIS and I have recieved the receipt from KCC. I apologize if this question has already been asked.
Best regards,
Karwarilila.

Hi Everyone!
I am brand new to this forum but very greatful for it. I am excited to post my signature once I figure out how to do it. I have a few questions. My number is now current and I already paid the DV fee to KCC so what's my next step? Do I just go ahead and do the medicals or do I wait for a letter from USCIS? I already sent my NL to USCIS and I have recieved the receipt from KCC. I apologize if this question has already been asked.
Best regards,
Karwarilila.
Do the medicals and make sure to collect all the necessary documents, then send them (or the copies) along with your AOS application. Missing documents can cause a delay. Many people, in this forum, have posted their lists of documents. I suggest that you read through and find the one that is most relevant to your case. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
aos dv2009

My DV2009 no is AS4xxx, from KTM/Nepal.

Our EB based GC application was rejected: reason Empoyer's ability to pay!
Now we are filing AOS, current status is legal.

We sent AOS to Chicago lockbox on 27April, received NOA 2May2009.
The cashier checks were cashed 2May09.

It has been 46 days since NOA and we do not know when we will receive the Biometrics Letter. CAN SOMEONE HELP AS WE ARE FILING ON OUR OWN, no lawyer/attorney.
Is it normal? Or should we panic?
We will appreciate for anyone guiding/advicing.

Thanks

Concurrent filing july 2007?

My DV2009 no is AS4xxx, from KTM/Nepal.

Our EB based GC application was rejected: reason Empoyer's ability to pay!
Now we are filing AOS, current status is legal.

We sent AOS to Chicago lockbox on 27April, received NOA 2May2009.
The cashier checks were cashed 2May09.

It has been 46 days since NOA and we do not know when we will receive the Biometrics Letter. CAN SOMEONE HELP AS WE ARE FILING ON OUR OWN, no lawyer/attorney.
Is it normal? Or should we panic?
We will appreciate for anyone guiding/advicing.

Thanks

Hi bhshvKTMpk,

DId you file for concurrent I-140 and I-485 during july 2007? Did your I-140 got rejected thats why I-485 got rejected?

Interview checklist

My interview letter says I have to bring the required documents from the checklist but there was no attached sheet for checklist. Those people who had interview already what are the items that were listed in the checklist. I meant all the items not the ones that you had to take to the interview only.

Thanks.

I am really surprised that...i again got another email from CRIS saying card production ordered on June 16th,,,,
Anyone know why am I getting this notice two times....i was actually waiting for my card...but this notice again...hmmm...surprising..!!!!!

I just checked my online status yet again for no particular reason before going to the forum page and, guess what, I saw the exactly same thing, "card production ordered on June 16th". "WTH?" was my first reaction since I had already had card production ordered on June 4. So, you are not alone and now it starts looking like some kind of a glitch or something.

The USCIS website says it may be 8 weeks from the end of May before people can get their green cards because they are updating thier card production equipment. So those cards will not be coming until sometime in August, if you go by that statement.