• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2009 - Aos Only

bhshvKTMpk,

Sometimes the biometrics appointment comes late. Some people even had their biometrics after the interview. I'm not saying that's normal though. You can do an InfoPass and ask them to do a walk-in biometrics. I hope this helps.

DV AOS after EB based rejected

Dear ItsoFototo & Jamal 55406
Jamal: our I40 & I485 were filed concurrent, yes.

ItsoFototo: how does one try INFOPASS and walk-in biometrics?

Our situation is basically summarized below & will like HELP/Guidance/Advice from this forum:
Case No: DV2009 AS4xxx
AOS application to Chicago: April 27, 2009
Notice/receipt of Application: May 2, 2009

Since May 2, 2009, we are everyday waiting for Bio-letter but none in mail.

This blog is so useful and productive. We HOPE IF SOMEBODY CAN tell how to proceed? BE PATIENT MAYBE? or MAYBE GIVE UP??

Looking forward to anyone's reply.

WE WISH ALL THE BEST FOR DV2009 winners for their timely AOS.

Our situation is basically summarized below & will like HELP/Guidance/Advice from this forum:

This blog is so useful and productive. We HOPE IF SOMEBODY CAN tell how to proceed? BE PATIENT MAYBE? or MAYBE GIVE UP??

Have you tried contactiing USCIS by phone?
I've got my NOA 5th of June and I'm already concerned about the bimometrics notice that I didn't get yet. You've been waiting for 6 weeks already, some people get interview before biometrics but that's not the norm.
If you look at most of the signatures, people get their Bio notice within a week of NOA.
You can also schedule an infopass through the USCIS web site and ask all the questions you have.

Financial docs for DV?

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone please tell me what USCIS requires on interview to proof financial ability to live in US? I am currently on H1B visa but not sure what would the best for me to do: AOS or consulate interview.
Thank you.

Can you please tell us what is the status you see when you check your case online? (this should give you an idea)

Hello Everyone,

Could anyone please tell me what USCIS requires on interview to proof financial ability to live in US? I am currently on H1B visa but not sure what would the best for me to do: AOS or consulate interview.
Thank you.

AOS vs CP is your decision, you have to see if your number is higher or not. Some people find it expensive to go back home if they have many dependents....and on and on. You can read people's experiences.
As far as financial support, if you have an H1B, you can submit letter of employment and pay stubs, bank acount statements and such.

Dear Imados,
When we check online ''case rcvd 2may09...received fee for bio...case rcvd & pending... we will contact you..."
And this when we dial 800 number they inform 'case transferred to Lee's Summit MSC from Chicago...'

So we will like to know how to get INFOPASS or walk-in Biometrics as forum users have suggested
Thanks everyone for whatever advice.
Best of Luck

Financial docs for DV?

hello all!!
:)
I am counting down the days until October 1 as I am fortunate enough that my CN will be current on that date!
I have a question to ask of you all and also some information to share (from my experience so far):

Question #1: as most of us, the majority of my documents had to be translated into English. I was told that it is sufficient to have the documents translated and have a certification placed at the bottom of each page that reads:

I, (translator name), certify that I am fluent in the English and I(other language) languages, and that the above document is a true and accurate translation of the document attached entitled: Birth certificate (front page)
Date:
Signature:
(name of translator)
(address of translator)

Is this enough? Does the certification need to be notarized? I’ve heard yes and I’ve heard no.

What I learned #1: there are a lot of posts here in this thread about whether one should or should not send back both DSP 122 and DS 230 if one is going AOS. At the time I did not know about this wonderful website and therefore I sent both back to KCC (indicating however that I intended to go through AOS because I am currently in the U.S. on an H1B that expires in 2010.)

Although I sent back both, KCC knew that I was going to go with AOS and not CP and in fact, I received my second letter during the summer indicating that I would deal with USCIS from now on forward. So here is what I learned: do not worry if you sent both back! The people at KCC are very helpful and they will not get confused if you indicate USCIS or BCIS in DSP 122.

What I learned #2: I was going crazy for days trying to get my immunization records for purposes of the medical exam (calling my mom, my old school, my pediatrician from childhood etc.) Don’t worry! I spoke to the USCIS civil surgeon who will administer my medical later this week and all your immunizations will show up through the bloodwork test that you have to submit to anyway. So here is what I learned: if you have your immunization records, good- they will make the process easier but do not despair- the lab who processes the blood will be able to know what vaccinations you did (and which you did not do!)

What I learned #3: Send the DV fee of $375 to the Department of State earlier rather than later. I sent it this summer by certified mail (so I knew they’d received it) and got the receipt that it was paid almost within a week. So here is what I learned: Given that this receipt is a prerequisite to the interview, get it out of the way and pay it so that when the time comes for the interview, you will have it ready.

Finally: a MAJOR tip. Please please please make copies of everything that comes your way and that you send out for purposes of your greencard. I bought one of those accordion style folders with the sections at Staples and have kept copies of everything that I sent and everything I received. That way, should the need arise, you can immediately pull the required document just by accessing the proper tab.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!!!

Thank you for your post. Could you please let me know what financial documents did you prepare for the interview? Was it tax return, pay stabs, employment letter???

AOS vs CP is your decision, you have to see if your number is higher or not. Some people find it expensive to go back home if they have many dependents....and on and on. You can read people's experiences.
As far as financial support, if you have an H1B, you can submit letter of employment and pay stubs, bank acount statements and such.

Thank you Imados.
I got NL for DV2010 just last week. My number is very close to 18000. and H1B expires in 4 months. should I go back home and proceed with CP?

Thank you.

Didn't send form DSP-122 to KCC

I didn't know that I was supposed to send out the DSP-122 form when filing for AOS with KCC. I filed the I-485 with the $1010 processing fees, plus the DOS $375 fee, and I received receipts for both. I received my AOS notice in the beginning of March from the National Benefits Center, so I guess that KCC transferred my file to the NBC since they didn't have the name of my local USCIS office from the DSP-122 form. I received my fingerprints appointment notice a few days after the AOS, and completed the fingerprints appointment in the beginnig of April. Now, 3 months later, I haven't yet received my interview notice from NBC and I'm starting to seriously worry. Should I still send the DSP-122 to the KCC, or is it too late for that? Or should I just wait and hold my breath?

I am growing through a situation which I WISH NO ELSE GOES THROUGH!

AOS application Chicago: April 27, 2009

since then on USCIS case on line status: '...pending...we rcvd fee for finger-printing...we will contact you if need something...'

when we call 800 number we are informed by recorded message that case has been transferred from Chicago to Lee's Summit MSC.

The ANSWER to the following queries will be help to not just me but many others:

1. HOW DOES ONE DO 'INFOPASS' and 'WALK-IN BIOMETRICS? Basically how many days to passby prior to taking this step?

2. As this is 3rd week of June09 is there enough time? We are based in California.

3. We did the application ourselves can an Attorney/Lawyer be of help?

Answer to these 3 queries will be really appreciated. Also, if anyone can guide/advice anything else?

Best wishes as usual to everyone.

I didn't know that I was supposed to send out the DSP-122 form when filing for AOS with KCC. I filed the I-485 with the $1010 processing fees, plus the DOS $375 fee, and I received receipts for both. I received my AOS notice in the beginning of March from the National Benefits Center, so I guess that KCC transferred my file to the NBC since they didn't have the name of my local USCIS office from the DSP-122 form. I received my fingerprints appointment notice a few days after the AOS, and completed the fingerprints appointment in the beginnig of April. Now, 3 months later, I haven't yet received my interview notice from NBC and I'm starting to seriously worry. Should I still send the DSP-122 to the KCC, or is it too late for that? Or should I just wait and hold my breath?

what is you DV number?

The ANSWER to the following queries will be help to not just me but many others:

1. HOW DOES ONE DO 'INFOPASS' and 'WALK-IN BIOMETRICS? Basically how many days to passby prior to taking this step?

2. As this is 3rd week of June09 is there enough time? We are based in California.

3. We did the application ourselves can an Attorney/Lawyer be of help?

Answer to these 3 queries will be really appreciated. Also, if anyone can guide/advice anything else?

Best wishes as usual to everyone.

Is your number AS 4-thousand something?

If that is correct, I wonder why you waited till april 'cos that number range became current i think last year November !

Anyways,

1. Yes, best is to do an infopass. Go to uscis.gov website and bottom right you get 'help with' , go to 'schedule and appointment' which is basically 'info pass', which is somewhat user friendly. when it come to the 'reason', select 'to talk to an officer'.

2. Being an optimist, i think you got enough time.

3. Well, in my opinion.....NO !

Info Pass is helpful if you are living some what near to a USCIS local office. Some people have traveled long distances to do infopass and still they get no meaningful answers to their Qs, making them more frustrated.

If you are far away from an office , another route is to find the Fax number of your local office and fax them a letter. (do a search in this forum for those fax # details...someone pl help) Give them a return Fax number to contact you as well.
Give it about a week and then do an 'infopass' afterward.

Hope this help

Good Luck !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Imados,
When we check online ''case rcvd 2may09...received fee for bio...case rcvd & pending... we will contact you..."
And this when we dial 800 number they inform 'case transferred to Lee's Summit MSC from Chicago...'

So we will like to know how to get INFOPASS or walk-in Biometrics as forum users have suggested
Thanks everyone for whatever advice.
Best of Luck

I have the same thing on my status.
I actually did call USCIS yesterday and the customer rep did not provide any useful information. I wanted to know when will I get the biometrics notice but she couldn't see that info. She also had no idea about the DV and the fiscal year deadline.
To get Infopass, just go to uscis web site or use google and follow the steps, they'll let you pick at date and time and give you an appointement.
As far as walkin biometrics, I think you must have the notice first!!
Let us know how it goes.

Imados,
Thanks for input on INFOPASS

NuvF
We were waiting for decision on employment based GC. This was rejected in March09 on ground 'Employer's ability to pay'.
THANKS FOR YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS.

where to send DV fee?

Hello everybody,
I have a similar problem like a few of you. I sent DV-fee to the following address
U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

and I got a letter stating that fee is not accepted at that location. That is address given in KCC letter. I made Western Union money order (to the order of Department of State) for two people . They made it like $500 + $250. Please advice.
Best Ersoy

update

OK, we just decided to go with cashier's check and send it to the same address. Since we already got the fee returned once we are little bit nervous now and as result we started to to question everything and even satrted to ask primitive questions. One of them as follows. Where should we write the case # on the cashiers check? they wrote it as a second line where they write "pay the order of" just under **U.S department of state**
We wanted them to write it just after the senders name but they said there was no place for it there. At this moment we don't want to take any risk as we cannot wait 2 more weeks to get the check back again. Any information on this is appreciated.
ersoy

Imados,
Thanks for input on INFOPASS

NuvF
We were waiting for decision on employment based GC. This was rejected in March09 on ground 'Employer's ability to pay'.
THANKS FOR YOUR POSITIVE COMMENTS.

bhshvKTMpk,

I just called Customer Service again and this time they escalated my call to an Immigartion Officer who knew what was going on and told me that my biometrics have been captured and that I sould not be worried.
I am in the same case as you with a pending EB3 case so may be they just used those biometrics, it's the only explanation I have.
My guess is that you're in the same situation so the best way to confirm is through the Infopass.